Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 11:52   #1
BHPian

Hyundai's five years or 100,000km warranty!

Note sure if this got noticed!

Hyundai Motor India, the country’s largest passenger car exporter and the second largest auto manufacturer, are once again setting benchmarks for the industry, as they launch, the first of its kind extended warranty schemes for its privileged customers. The Power Train and Comprehensive Extended warranty schemes are available for all the proud owners of the Hyundai i10, Santro, Getz Prime (petrol), Accent and the Verna for a period of five years.
Launched in May, these schemes will ensure that the owners of Hyundai cars can avail of maximum warranty for their cars with minimal cost implications. The schemes have been designed to ensure peace of mind for Hyundai customers ensuring that it suits their requirements and the car gives trouble performance for its ownership period.
The Comprehensive Extended Warranty scheme is a full protection scheme which covers the entire car right from the mechanical, the electrical to all other parts including the engine and transmission, for a period off five years or 100,000km whichever is earlier. This is the first time ever that a manufacturer is offering a long term warranty for full five years.
Additionally, for all those customers who do not want a full comprehensive warranty covering the entire car there is partial extended warranty (The Power Train Warranty) for the entire power train which will cover the engine and transmission parts at a minimal cost for a similar period of five years or 100,000km which ever occurs earlier.
Speaking on the occasion, Hyundai Motor India, Sr. GM, Customer Care Service, HMIL, B Mani said “It has always been our endeavor to provide innovative products and service to our customers which suit their needs and lifestyle. And this Extended Warranty Scheme is just another example of this. This will give our customers added satisfaction and peace of mind without substantially adding to the cost of ownership. Hyundai products have over time proven to be reliable, safe and they require minimum maintenance and this scheme of offering extended warranty will only add to the levels of customer satisfaction for our customers and emphasizes our commitment to our values and products.”

SOurce - afaqs! > the complete Indian advertising, media & marketing site

Elito
Old 27th May 2008, 12:22   #2
BHPian

Good move. GM has been doing something similar but for a 3 yr period. Correct If i am wrong. Let's see if other manufactures follow this.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

The only guys who need to do this desparately are Fiat.
Do it, and give a service guarantee and things would improve.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good move by Hyundai ! Kudos to them. But do they also cover diesel cars like the Verna CRDI and the Getz CRDI?
Old 27th May 2008, 13:08   #5
BHPian

That is a good news,well will extend my warranty soon.
Old 27th May 2008, 13:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The only guys who need to do this desparately are Fiat.
Do it, and give a service guarantee and things would improve.

Fiat is already giving 3 yrs warranty. (18 Months + 18 Months Extended)

The dealer gave the extended Warranty freely when I bought my car in Oct 2007.
cheers:
Old 27th May 2008, 13:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
do they also cover diesel cars like the Verna CRDI and the Getz CRDI?
Good question.

BTW, in the US, don't they offer a 10-year warranty ? I find the '5-year' part a little restrictive because how many motorists in India do 1 lakh kms in a lifetime, let alone in 5 years? So, you might have a serious problem with your car in say just 35K kms of running, but this warranty won't help you, if your car is say 5 years and 1 month old.

Ofcourse there are exceptions like Ishan, suman etc etc.

Given the many serious engine/crankshaft issues reported by Santro users at just 25-40K kms of running, I am not sure how they are offering a warranty for 1lakh kms.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Eclectix:

My point is twofold.
a. Palio spares aren't cheap (what was it - autocar?). So 5 year warranty gives peace of mind.
b. Three year warranty is par for the course. You get it through everyone. Given a palio is bought by an enthusiast who wishes to keep it longer and buy INSPITE of the negative press - more warranty wouldn't hurt. Even if they make one pay 5-10k more for it.

And hey, its about doing MORE than others - you can see difference in uptake of Spark/UVA courtesy good pricing/warranty/cashless service. They can't give same terms like MSIL and expect people to buy in droves!
Old 27th May 2008, 14:12   #9
BHPian

I got 18+30 Months (EW) already from TATA
Old 27th May 2008, 14:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Excellent move by hyundai, though not the first in industry !!! Would love to see a sales figures driven by this initiative !!
Old 27th May 2008, 14:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

So i would extend mine too,wonderfull move by hyundai.They were the first to give 5 yrs waranty on elantra and sonata and they backed off after that.Good that they have improved it to 5 yrs now.
ram
Old 27th May 2008, 14:43   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
So i would extend mine too,wonderfull move by hyundai.
Isn't it for the cars that are going to be sold from now on?

Or can you just take any Hyundai car in warranty period and get it extended?
Old 27th May 2008, 15:00   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Very proactive from Hyundai. Can I extend my Swift's warranty with them !?
Old 27th May 2008, 15:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

I believe the extended warranty is a good thing. Is the warranty applicable even if the vehicle is sold? What amuses me is, I dont know whether these cars take much abuse in long run but the ones who take abuse dont give out the warranty for 5 years or 1 lakh km. A case in point is Mahindra Bolero. The vehicle easily crosses 5 lakh km without any noticeable maintenance and with change in oil. They wouldnt offer anything like that. May be, they need not.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:34   #15
BHPian

Good move by them. I will have to ask my Brother in Law to get that done

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks