Team-BHP - What Fuel Type do you use for your Indian Cars "Normal OR Premium"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What Fuel Type do you use for your Indian Cars "Normal OR Premium" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/40460-what-fuel-type-do-you-use-your-indian-cars-normal-premium-2.html)

for the common rail diesel cars the best fuel is normal diesel, the higher octane fuels do harm to the fuel pumps, because the diesel is pressurized to certain levels suited only by normal fuels, when the additive based diesels are used the pressures applied may go to a more than normal levels harming the engine.

so the diesels with additives are not suited to these common rail diesels at present.

when the manufactures release newer engines suited to these additive based diesels we may use them.

Normal Petrol from HP for my Santro XG
Normal Diesel from IOC for my Swift VDi

I used to fill normal unleaded fuel but with the bad fuel quality I have switched over to premium fuels since 6 months. I get better FE and the engine is smoother than before. I use IOC Xtrapremium petrol. With premium fuel the knocking in my engine has reduced and pick up is more refined and smoother.

I use normal petrol to my Ford Ikon. when i took my car to service, the Service Engineer advised us to use normal and if at all we need additive he suggested us to buy additive seperatly and mix it with petrol while filling !

^^Same here. I find that my car knocks on normal fuel due to adulteration. Tried 5/6 different bunks and its the same everywhere. With premium, I get the same smooth running engine experience that shell petrol used to give me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 850748)
^^Same here. I find that my car knocks on normal fuel due to adulteration. Tried 5/6 different bunks and its the same everywhere. With premium, I get the same smooth running engine experience that shell petrol used to give me.

Same experience. I only use premium fuel. Stopped Shell Super after the price hikes. Now use IBP Xtra, BP Speed or IOC XtraPremium. I find BP Speed performance less compared to others.

Getz user manual recommends premium fuels.

I prefer normal diesel from IOC, but lately they have stopped normal diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woof (Post 850697)
Normal Diesel from IOC for my Swift VDi

Which pump do you use buddy? Most of the IOC pumps (including COCO opposite Hyatt) are selling only Xtramile Diesel. :Frustrati

have been using speed(BP) for my santro,baleno.this is because i feel that the normal fuel is generally adulterated

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 850638)
the key is to find a pump that sells unadulterated fuel.

How exactly does one do that? You never find out until your fuel system is messed up.
I have been filling up at the HP petrol pump at Bandra for over 15 years now, I trust they are "pure for sure" but how does a lay man find out?
Can a customer ask for some kind of purity test to be done?

I use only IOC 91 in my Vtec. Tried normal fuel but car didn't perform as well as it does with 91.

Shan2nu

I have been using Normal petrol all along. However I am using premium petrol in my new WagonR as of now.

Normal Diesel. was adviced against Premium ones here because of injector/Fuel Pump issues.
haven't noticed a difference...

Normal petrol with Bharat Petroleum. Earlier it was with Shell

I am Using Normal Petrol for my 97 Esteem and Xtra premium for my i10. I am thinking of Giving my esteem xtrapremium too for next fill. How do you ask these people for Petrol test?

I agree to one of the above posts that said that it all depends on the type on engine that your vechile has.
My car loves HP regular and gives me the best FE on it.
However the bike seems to like only high octane speed 97. If I use anything else I lose power and F.E.

Strangly enough few years ago people used to complain about premium fuels. Some used to say that the engine kocks with premium fuels. lol: