Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 14:28   #61
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The new A4 may just about do it for Audi. It looks neat, especially the front, and has a far more impressive profile than the previous gen. Audi is doing a smart thing by floating reviews of their fully-loaded 3.2 variant, and thus creating a high end image, before information on the 1.8 / 2.0 cars come out.
Old 1st July 2008, 14:19   #62
BHPian

Ive seen a lot of positive and negative reactions to Audi's choice of launching the 3.2 petrol engine for the A4, but nobody seems to have said that they desire a more affordable petrol version! Wouldnt it be in Audi's best interest to launch a 1.8-2.2 litre petrol engine for the A4 in order to compete with the C200 and BMW 3 series petrol engines? Looking to get a car in this segment, and being a petrolhead (as opposed to a dieselhead!) I am now more inclined to go for a new C simply because the A4 has no petrol in that price range... They could lose out a fair bit due to this.
Old 1st July 2008, 16:15   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Ive seen a lot of positive and negative reactions to Audi's choice of launching the 3.2 petrol engine for the A4, but nobody seems to have said that they desire a more affordable petrol version! Wouldnt it be in Audi's best interest to launch a 1.8-2.2 litre petrol engine for the A4 in order to compete with the C200 and BMW 3 series petrol engines? Looking to get a car in this segment, and being a petrolhead (as opposed to a dieselhead!) I am now more inclined to go for a new C simply because the A4 has no petrol in that price range... They could lose out a fair bit due to this.
They definatly will be launching a petrol engine to compete with the 320i & C200K.

Like GTO mentioned, the 3.2L is an image builder for the most part. The chunk of the sales will be from the diesel and lower end petrol engine.
The 3.2L will definatly not bring much volume.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:20   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
they will also launch a 1.8T later if i remember correctly.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

At the present price point the Diesel makes much more sense. But the 3.2 petrol may be quashing the 325's party :-)

Cheers
Old 10th July 2008, 16:10   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, Audi is seriously going all out in its marketing & brand building exercises. Have you seen their ads lately? Almost every magazine I have read, whether automotive / business / leisure, has the Audi multi-page ads. And very tasteful ones at that. I only wish they were a little more localised.

There was even a bold ad in the Times of India today. And the good thing...they had a list of all their dealerships (various cities) with phone numbers. Looks like Audi has finally woken up. And I am willing to bet that its the BMW effect.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nobody seems to have said that they desire a more affordable petrol version! Wouldnt it be in Audi's best interest to launch a 1.8-2.2 litre petrol engine for the A4 in order to compete with the C200 and BMW 3 series petrol engines?
Quote:
They definatly will be launching a petrol engine to compete with the 320i & C200K.
They have the 2.0L Turbo FSI Petrol with 200hp. That should be good enough to take on the 3 and C200K. Audi should get this engine in asap!
Old 10th July 2008, 16:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, Audi is seriously going all out in its marketing & brand building exercises. Have you seen their ads lately? Almost every magazine I have read, whether automotive / business / leisure, has the Audi multi-page ads. And very tasteful ones at that. I only wish they were a little more localised.

There was even a bold ad in the Times of India today. And the good thing...they had a list of all their dealerships (various cities) with phone numbers. Looks like Audi has finally woken up. And I am willing to bet that its the BMW effect.

True, and its not just Audi, its the entire VW group. The way they have been advertising and planning new cars for India, i have no doubt they have big plans for India. ANd from what i have read between the lines i am willing to bet VW will soon be a force to be reckoned with in India.

Also i don't think its the BMW effect. Maybe but not just that. The VW 's of today is definitely a diffrent company from VW of past. Its recent success globally and esp in China hasn't been an overnight success.
Watch out Honda!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 10th July 2008 at 16:35.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:34   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I concur. Today's ad in TOI took my breath away. It was the first page ( back of first page as well) wraparound ad. And, man, did it increasing my panting levels
Old 10th July 2008, 17:18   #70
BHPian

Hi All,

The front page of TOI today left me totally speechless and i was spell bound. Nice way of projectind the car with the picture of the head lamp and thoes running led's. kept staring at the front page for a long time.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 10th July 2008, 17:51   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Also i don't think its the BMW effect. Maybe but not just that.
The reason behind my statement is that BMW, within an extremely short time, has caught up within a hairs breadth of Mercedes. Audi has had a jump start on BMW and is still languishing.

The new A4 has promise. I am looking forward to a battle!
Old 10th July 2008, 23:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

A4 diesle at 29 lacs and petrol at 36 lacs. What are the specifications ?

Link - Audi plans to launch more luxury models in India
Old 11th July 2008, 04:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Audi A4 Launched

MUMBAI: Audi, the German luxury car maker, has launched its new Audi A4 sedan in India. The car is based on an entirely new technical concept offering considerable advantages over its predecessor. The prices for the new vehicle start at Rs. 29 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai without CST, transportation).

According to Benoit Tiers, Managing Director, Audi India, “The Audi philosophy of ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’, the consistent innovation, has showed the way for the new generation Audi A4. As we target sales of 1,000 cars in India by the end of this year, the new Audi A4 will be a crucial product to help achieve this goal.” Audi plans to import the car initially. By the end of the year, it will build it locally as a completely knocked down unit.

The new vehicle comes with a choice of two engines —
the 2.0 TDI multitronic with a power-output range of 105 kW (143 bhp)
and the 3.2 FSI tiptronic Quattro with 195 kW (265 bhp).
Both use the direct fuel injection principle — FSI technology for the petrol engine and the common-rail system for the TDI unit.

Source : The Hindu : Business : Audi introduces new A4 sedan
Old 26th July 2008, 00:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

As its said 'better late than never' I post these photos now. I've been invited for the launch of new A4 on 10th July at Jamshad Bhabha Theater, NCPA, Nariman Point. But as soon as I'm back from Mumbai, my Dad left to abroad & I was fully held up in office. More over the net connection at home went wrong too. Hence so delayed to post it.

Due to bad wheather my flight was delayed & I was late for the function. The launch was over when I reached, but was not so late. There were three cars on display, a 2.0TDI & a 3.2 Quottro. The 2.0TDI was a white one was the most attractive colour on display. I had an sporty orange colour leather & 16" 7-spoke wheels. The 3.2 was a black on with biege interior. The final one was a champaing colour 2.0TDI. The most attarctive part of the new Audi is its LED eye-brows.
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6364.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6368.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6355.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6356.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6353.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6320.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6315.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6338.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6336.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6348.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6349.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6347.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6343.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6334.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6333.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6332.jpg  

2008 Audi A4 releasing July, Bookings Started! Edit: Now Launched-img_6339.jpg  

Old 26th July 2008, 01:05   #75
BANNED

somebody in my lane just bought a black one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks