Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 09:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey, The Verna hatchback looks awesome, but I personally feel it wont sell the required nos in India.

Reasons beings its a two door, and at the price of a Verna, it will be the most expensive hatchback by far. Hyundai is better off focussing its energies on the volume segments rather than these niche products.
Old 12th June 2008, 10:54   #17
BHPian

by introducing cng hyundai is trying to ensure that they are able to sell a minimum no. of units for accents.which had come down after new launches in the market.
Old 12th June 2008, 11:17   #18
BHPian

thats one mean looking hatch, would be an awesome car to drive with an already awesome diesel engine. Wish hyundai could launch this in india even if its in limited numbers.
Old 1st July 2008, 20:15   #19
BHPian

Team,

Iam assuming thats its only a matter of time that the Long Queues for CNG will come down finally, I have a Hyundai Accent running on LPG which I refill every weekend , The max amount of time I spend in the refill of LPG is 15 mins max at Nerul Navi Mumbai and Vashi at times , but offcourse there was a time when I used to wait for almost 45 mins in a queue but no more.

LPG on my Accent rocks ...hope CNG does the same.

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 1st July 2008, 23:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
thats one mean looking hatch, would be an awesome car to drive with an already awesome diesel engine. Wish hyundai could launch this in india even if its in limited numbers.

Looks like a running theme with the verna.. the front and the rear don't go together
..looks like a baby tucson from the back
Old 4th July 2008, 00:29   #21
BHPian

CNG Accent is coming with Lambda for sure, are they providing TAP or any ECU with the kit? Any info about it?
Old 4th July 2008, 21:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
CNG Accent is coming with Lambda for sure, are they providing TAP or any ECU with the kit? Any info about it?
Bro i am sure you know these cars are not factory fitted versions.
Hyundai sources CNG fitment to outside fitter and charge a premium for it just to give out a 2 year warranty.
My fitter used to fit CNG for Surhit Hyundai, Surhit used to charge its customers 55K and if someone(customer) got CNG fitted through him then it would be approx. 40K with paper endorsement etc. and a 1 year warranty.

If a company starts manufacturing engines they will definately go in for sequential injection rather than the normal kits and maximize performance output aswell as FE.
Its just that the sequential kit is a little expensive and mass production would depend on a lot of other factors other than cost. As with a sequential a piggyback ECU of sorts is also required.
The Mitsu Cedia comes with a sequential injection LPG kit and delivers equal performance as compared to its petrol sibling as per Overdrive and the timings they measured using Vbox.

As far as the Hyundai kits are considered,i think they will give a kit including a TAP or Lamda or a combination of both depending upon what type of installation the fitter would follow i.e a closed loop or open loop operation. NOt a sequential one.
Old 25th December 2008, 14:41   #23

I'm planning to buy an Accent CNG in Jan. 2009. Any idea how much KMs it runs after filling?
Old 25th December 2008, 15:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen_ac View Post
I'm planning to buy an Accent CNG in Jan. 2009. Any idea how much KMs it runs after filling?
it depends which cyl your accent will have. 12 kg or 14 kg.

mine is 14 kg and my baby runs approx 150-160 km in approx 180 Rs CNG.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks