VVTi - 19.2

0-100 TIme
VVTI - 12.5
CRDi - 15.9

Braking
80 kmph-0 - 2.44 seconds (with ABS)
80 kmph-0 - 3.14 seconds (without ABS)

I should look for a career in auto journalism
thanx maedi.. where did you get these figures from? did u go for a test drive? me planing to go tomorow as no innova here in New mumbai Millenium Toyota
Old 25th February 2005, 22:36   #32
BANNED

Any idea on the FE?
Maedi can u help me on that?
Old 26th February 2005, 00:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Someone out here mentioned that the Innova is 2230 kgs. It is actually 1630 kgs for the Petrol and 1715 kgs for the diesel. That still makes it 165 kilos lighter than the CRDe Scorpio but 100 kgs heavier than the Tavera.

In performance stakes, its good power to weight ratio and a Cd of 0.35 should see the Innova beat both competitors. As for the Safari... well... they should either drop the price, or improve it substantially, maintaining the current price level. It is just one over-priced, ageing beast that needs to be overhauled or thrown out of production in its current avtaar.

Revv
Old 26th February 2005, 01:55   #34
Team-BHP Support

so finally the innova has arrived , hope it lives up to all the hype created , and guess even the taxi drivers won't buyin it due to the great reliability of toyota , so they ll know that they can recover every penny out of it !

manson .
Old 26th February 2005, 05:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Innova.....huh.Well,all i can say is that it feels good,looks impressive and is definately a steal at that price for sure.Has impressive timings and power output and ofcourse the abs and airbags.
But will it create a niche in the market?? will have to wait and watch for the test drive reviews and results.

X
Old 26th February 2005, 10:05   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Toyota could care less about taxi manufacturer image. The only reason they are charging a premium is because there is a pent up demand and they know they can get away with it thanks to the general incompetence of the competition. Can?t blame them, they are a business not a charity.
Spot on. Even the Camry does sell mostly as a "hotel taxi" only.

GTO
Old 26th February 2005, 11:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

I know of quite a few Qualis owners who are considering the Innova as the favoured replacement.
I happened to see the car on road yesterday, near Mahim, and thought to myself " A new Toyota minivan? When are they ever going to get rid of their safe styling design school?"
Only later when I reached college and got my hands on a copy of Times Drive did I realise that it was the Innova.

The interiors are way better than the Qualis or any of it's competitors, or atleast the seem that way. And the exteriors have enough flash to satisfy even the chromiest of Indians. And the pricing seems spot on too. I loved the way, Toyota got the Indain consumer to lap up a two decade old product at quite a substantial price, and then introduced a product which is probably a generation ahead of the rest, at the same darn price. Are there any people here, really not expecting the Innova to do well?
ported_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2005, 12:54   #38
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Innova is definitely going to do well in the markets. But not as well as the Qualis. Not as a people carrier. 8 lakhs for the diesel on-road is really too much. Way beyond the reach of a prospective Qualis buyer. What Toyota could do is have a base Innova model with the 2.4 D Qualis engine and offer it for 6-6.5. That'll definitely do well.
Old 26th February 2005, 17:37   #39
BANNED

Went to test drive the innova today but came back 2 hrs watin period i was number 68 and still 54 was going on approx 10 mins per test drive no petrol on offer for test yet this is at Millenium went all the way paying toll.. but got the pics and info .. and all.. will post soon
Old 26th February 2005, 23:11   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey maybach,
when i went to see the innova at Shinrai, the place was so crowded that i could barely see the car properly.Infact, i didnt even get to sit in it or get the brochure and price list.
Old 27th February 2005, 15:34   #41
BHPian

hey maybach, sorry abuot not posting the source of the information....i got the information from toyota...called the showroom and double checked with the PR folks from TKM....dude hadnt seen your query about the FE so coudlnt find out....

i see youve got the info now.....cheers
Old 27th February 2005, 18:21   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedi
hey maybach, sorry abuot not posting the source of the information....i got the information from toyota...called the showroom and double checked with the PR folks from TKM....dude hadnt seen your query about the FE so coudlnt find out....

i see youve got the info now.....cheers
well got the folowing info from dealer on fe in city of DD4 its 14.5.. any idea on the VVTi??
Old 27th February 2005, 18:27   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey maybach,
when i went to see the innova at Shinrai, the place was so crowded that i could barely see the car properly.Infact, i didnt even get to sit in it or get the brochure and price list.
well they had 1 car for test drive n one G3 model outside the showroom for display and one G2 inside the showroom.. 70 ppl came for test drive in one day aint that shocking all were DD4 CRDi and none were petrol no V variant as well..
Old 27th February 2005, 20:43   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedi
What the article said was that Honda launched a geared scooter in India (even though it didnt have one in its stable) just so that it could eat into the biggest contributor of the R&D budget of Bajaj, it's biggest local competitor (Hero is a partner). this would result in less money for product development and so the co. would die a slow & natural death.

Hey that said, the innova engine could also power the fortuner (if they decide on 2 engines)....wouldnt make economic sense for toyota to use engines across models? On that thought, do you think the coroalla would be launched with the CRDi engine? Would make it a killer proposition wouldnt it?
I own the Honda Eterno Geared Scooter. And believe me the scooter absolutely rocks.. I have many tales about this scooter.. But that is a topic for another thread..

You are absolutely right, The fortuner and Innova are based on the same IMV platform and they share the chassis and most likely the engine, transmission and most of the skeleton.. Another model based on the IMV platform is the Hi-lux, which unfortunately is not getting launched in India.. The Hi-Lux pickup trucks can be pitted against the Tatas 207-DI and the Telcoline.. I am sure with the success of the Innova, the Hi-Lux is not far behind..

The Innova, Fortuner, Hi-Lux, et all are based on the body-on-frame design unfortunately not so for the Corolla.. Unless Toyota decides to bring up a sedan on the IMV platform..
Old 27th February 2005, 21:34   #45
BANNED

[font='Times New Roman']check this i took yesterday http://img201.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img2...=innova6az.png[/font]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks