Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2005, 15:59   #16
BHPian

Btw, all ye V-tec hunters may keep curling up in anticipation of Honda relaunching its V-tec City. (Yes, it's due to be launched in 3rd quarter this year, and in new shape)
Old 8th March 2005, 16:12   #17
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Maybach if its true i'd be happy to let u drive mine....if not then id be happy to let u ride under mine.
Old 8th March 2005, 16:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(Yes, it's due to be launched in 3rd quarter this year, and in new shape)
True, but one must realise that the Old Vtec didn't b'come famous, only bcoz it had varaible valve timing.

It was light, had a low sporty stance, a chassis that made you want to throw it into each and every corner and......it had the power ( or rather, the power to weight ratio) to support it's other strenghts.

The engine alone doesn't make a car "fun to drive", the chassis, weight, aerodynamics and center of gravity do play a very important role too.

I've ripped the NHC, pushed it hard......and i can't see how a Vtec engine in that chassis is gonna make it fun to drive. It just doesn't have what it takes. It's better the way it is now.

If i were to be a given a NHC Vtec, i wouldn't dare push it the way i push my present Vtec.

Shan2nu
Old 8th March 2005, 18:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

But isnt the vtec NHC coming with stiffer suspension?

Drifter
Old 8th March 2005, 18:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But isnt the vtec NHC coming with stiffer suspension?
I doubt that's gonna be enuf. It's still a tall car with a higher center of gravity.

And when they say stiffer, they don't mean rock hard, track car stiff. It'll still have notice-able roll.

Shan2nu
Old 9th March 2005, 18:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
And when they say stiffer, they don't mean rock hard, track car stiff. It'll still have notice-able roll.

Shan2nu
I understand that...but im expecting the handling of the vtec to be better than the mundane nhc. hopefully a lot better.

Drifter
Old 9th March 2005, 19:13   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
I understand that...but im expecting the handling of the vtec to be better than the mundane nhc. hopefully a lot better.

Drifter
Yeah the handling has to be better then the present NHC. The vtec should be here with BSIV engine and belting out 110bhp. Hopefully with the change in fuel norms(91Octane regular) we will see 110bhp on road.
Shantanu the NHC with its tall height has lots of center of gravity and also the fuel tank which is placed at the front causes more center of gravity. When i tank up full the car locks up quite often due to the Center of gravity.
Old 9th March 2005, 19:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybach
the NHC with its tall height has lots of center of gravity and also the fuel tank which is placed at the front causes more center of gravity. When i tank up full the car locks up quite often due to the Center of gravity.
What do you mean by having more center of gravity? n how are lock ups related to center of gravity? Enlighten.

Drifter
Old 9th March 2005, 19:31   #24
BANNED

Quote:
What do you mean by having more center of gravity? n how are lock ups related to center of gravity? Enlighten.

Drifter
Well thats what i have noticed.. The car does not lock up when half tank and below.. when the car is tanked full and you brake it locks up maybe due to the weight shifting in the front and the center of gravity increasing the tyres seem to lock up more and more

Last edited by maybach : 9th March 2005 at 19:35.
Old 9th March 2005, 19:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the NHC with its tall height has lots of center of gravity and also the fuel tank which is placed at the front causes more center of gravity. When i tank up full the car locks up quite often due to the Center of gravity.
Wat kind of wierd thoughts or fundamentals do you have?

Please post logical information
Old 9th March 2005, 19:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well thats what i have noticed.. The car does not lock up when half tank and below.. when the car is tanked full and you brake it locks up due to the weight shifting in the front and the center of gravity increasing the tyres seem to lock up more and more
Is your fuel tank capacity 200 litres??
Old 9th March 2005, 19:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well thats what i have noticed.. The car does not lock up when half tank and below.. when the car is tanked full and you brake it locks up maybe due to the weight shifting in the front and the center of gravity increasing the tyres seem to lock up more and more
the center of gravity doesnt increase when you brake. center of gravity is supposed to be constant unless there are changes in the height of the vehicle.

And with the weight shifting to the front...there are less chances of wheel lock ups under severe braking...

I guess upgrading the rubber is the first mod u should carry out on your nhc.

Shantanu can better help out in the technicality of center of gravity....u listening dude?

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 9th March 2005 at 19:41.
Old 9th March 2005, 20:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

dude , are you comparing to formula one cars and the likes as as far as they are the only ones that come to my mind to which a full tank can make a difference . hop eyou 're not going to compare the nhc's performane to these cars now .

manson .
Old 9th March 2005, 20:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
When i tank up full the car locks up quite often due to the Center of gravity.
Hmm Change in CG with 40 kgs weight difference for street cars!!

I wonder what R&D at honda would think!!!!!!!

Might be they will laugh one week continously.
Old 9th March 2005, 20:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the center of gravity doesnt increase when you brake. center of gravity is supposed to be constant unless there are changes in the height of the vehicle.

Drifter
* There was a typo...instead of increase in COG... i meant change and not increase.

Drifter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks