Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 16:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Yes, it is raining hatches. May I add the NANO to the list.
This is a tricky one. The rear hatch of the Nano is welded to the body; so, can it be classified as a hatchback..? Or is it simply the Nano-segment, quite literally?!
Old 10th July 2008, 17:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
And automatics, GTO. A diesel automatic hatch loaded with safety features would work wonders.
yeah i second that. waiting for a (preferably a CVT or a paddle shift) automatic 80bhp diesel fabia with Dual Airbags/ABS, now that would be something. but it will remain a distant dream..... sigh!
Old 10th July 2008, 18:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post

its the B segment (Swift, Getz etc.) that is seeing the most action and not the A (800 etc.). Its a herculean task to match the pricing of the 800 / Alto and yet make a profit.
My words stolen !
As mentioned by GTO, certainly the action is in B-segment ranging from Wagon R to Fabia. This entire breed is evolving in posititve manner. However the 800/Alto segment is yet to see this sort of development.
Just look at the number of models available in B-segment ( wagon R , etc. ) and then look at A-segment.

The cars at A-segment needs improvement. Atleast the ABS option should be available.

But now the things are looking more positive.

The BRIC countries namely Brazil, Russia, India and China are going to lead the world as far as small car manufacturing is concerned. Right now Brazil is ahead of us. Hyundai has set a perfect example of how to make India a small car manufacturing hub. India is the only country that is producing Santro Xing.

The small car generation has definitely changed for the good. We now have better safety features, modern body shells and all relatively modern gadgets ( for India ) like Airbags, ABS + EBD, etc. These features were simply not available a decade ago.

With the Swift/Getz diesel, the diesel market is also coming up. The DICOR engine, still basically the same, is improved by TATA and is much better than the original just 53.5 bhp diesel. However, Automatic transmission diesel hatchback is the only void left in the small car market. Hope fully the void will be filled up soon considering the present rate of development.

I hope that India soon becomes the world leading hub for small cars.
Old 5th September 2008, 20:15   #19
BHPian

Is Honda beating the weatherman in forecasting?

after the confusion about the launch (date?) of Fiat Grande Punto, here's Honda's share of bollywood drama. Financial Chronicle reports that Jazz plans might be shelved for a new hatch to be developed on a fresh platform. so, looks like the i20's Nov'08 launch will leave the entire pie for itself (notwithstanding the exorbitant Fabia).

naveen
Attached Thumbnails
Its raining hatchbacks!-05_09_2008_007_004.jpg  

Old 19th September 2008, 13:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
This is a tricky one. The rear hatch of the Nano is welded to the body; so, can it be classified as a hatchback..? Or is it simply the Nano-segment, quite literally?!
Awesome observation on the Nano. It definitely is not a hatch back. Wonder how practical that would be. Even the old 800 allowed people to open its rear glass
Old 19th September 2008, 15:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenmani View Post
after the confusion about the launch (date?) of Fiat Grande Punto, here's Honda's share of bollywood drama. Financial Chronicle reports that Jazz plans might be shelved for a new hatch to be developed on a fresh platform. so, looks like the i20's Nov'08 launch will leave the entire pie for itself (notwithstanding the exorbitant Fabia).

naveen
If Honda can launch a hatch version of Civic for 7-9 lakh (on the lines of Fabia, a hatch version of Octy) - nothing like it! Imagine the luxury of a civic with probably a smaller engine (to bring prices down, probably use 1.3l City engine?). It would be a very nice proposition probably. Nobody will miss Jazz then!
Old 19th September 2008, 18:14   #22
BHPian

Honda and Toyota's launch will be only with the discussion room. Not on the Road. Infact this is with all company. I dont know what is the problem in introducing new model in Indian Market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks