Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

It has fat and chunky tires more like an SUV than minivan.
Looks like it not a unibody after all.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

This looks great. With the pending launch of Ingenio and this vehicle the Innova will have some real competition.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
They could have made it more SUV like with a bumper being smaller in height.
Also i expected better grille than Vista. The area around the fog lamps does look a tad cheap. Would like to see the interiors .
Old 23rd September 2008, 02:11   #34
BHPian

Looks great! Can't see if it has Tata's current trademark ridge on the bonnet's centreline.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:09   #35
BHPian

Looks cool, but where exactly its being tested.?
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

This looks very much production ready other than the rear view mirrors of the Safari.
Considering that this concept was displayed two years sgo and the first testing spy pics were seen on T BHP in Jan'08 this launch must be very much round the corner.
Now with the Ingenio being launched soon Tata will not want to feel being left behind.
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
They could have made it more SUV like with a bumper being smaller in height.
I think they are trying to use the SAME parts for all their cars from Indica to this

I see that this headlamp is becoming standard in all TATA vehicles.
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

I for one dont like the way it looks. Something is wrong with the area between the c & d pillars.
Old 17th October 2008, 22:55   #39
BHPian

Tata x-over spied in pune

Guys heres a scoop.
saw the TATA X-OVER being tested in pune today. Was driving back from office today and caught glimpse of the car first in Nigdi. it went the other way and I could not take a picture. Then when I joined the pune bangalore bypass saw the car again. this time didn't let it loose out of sight. it was difficult driving and also taking pictures. unfortnately there are not good pictures from front.
What i could observe is the car is similar in size to innova. saw couple of cutouts for the exhaust in the rear bumper. saw two tail pipes on each side. tail lamps looked like temporary fix from indica. lot of testing gear was hooked into the car. one driver and a passenger. tried to ask the passenger whether it was x-over but he ignored and driver pushed off.
they did try to slow down, speed off to avoid me but kept them in sight till the place where I had to get off the highway. Huge tires as can be seen from the pictures.

Picture 1
Forget Tata-Rover. Heres the Tata Xover!-130259.jpg

Picture 2
Forget Tata-Rover. Heres the Tata Xover!-130260.jpg

Picture 3
Forget Tata-Rover. Heres the Tata Xover!-130261.jpg

Thats all I could snap of the front. Had a detailed look at the headlights they looked like the previous generation accord with slight hint of indicators.

Forget Tata-Rover. Heres the Tata Xover!-130262.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th October 2008 at 09:59. Reason: Images watermarked and please host ALL images on TBHP from now on. See the new rules in the Announcements section.
Old 18th October 2008, 15:32   #40
BHPian

the car is quiet special.The pic with the white car and the car spotted in the night are the same;One was tested in UK and the other in India.When will they luanch the car ?
Old 18th October 2008, 19:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

The clear taillight lenses gives it a totally bling look with the bluish tinge.
Old 19th October 2008, 18:00   #42
BHPian

Good entry for Tata in this segment. I think its too early to comment about its looks.
Initially Innova looked pathetic, people started accepting it slowly, lets see whats up with this.
Old 20th October 2008, 01:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

I think this car is nearing its launch, there were media report hinting Nov. Considering stuff like the tail lamps are in place, it must be the finished product under those covers.
Old 20th October 2008, 12:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I think this car is nearing its launch, there were media report hinting Nov. Considering stuff like the tail lamps are in place, it must be the finished product under those covers.
yes it did look like a finished product. headlight unit was also in place. not the round or square ones usually seen on initial versons. cars lines from front to rear looked one smooth flow. I think the interiors may be on the lines of the Sumo grande (speculation didn't see the interiors)
Old 20th October 2008, 13:17   #45
BHPian

Ok -- here's the update on the Xover. My neighbour the marketing manager at Tata Motors drove home yesterday evening in this covered vehicle. I was returning home from shopping and saw him being dropped home in this MPV. It is close to being launched and when i mentioned that the facelifted Innova is also coming in soon ,he hinted at a launch date of end November.

Sorry couldnt take any snaps since i had my hands full ( literally with all the shopping bags).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks