Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 23:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

I fail to understand the real logical reason behind this. This is the move that is mostly not going to affect the rising number of cars. Surely there is something fishy going on here.

I feel that they are trying to cover up for the lack of proper roads. I know that Banglore does not have a good public transport system, and eventually this is surely going to hurt the buyers. IIRC, Banglore is a place that takes the honour for " Costliest Feul ", thanks to government.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 18th July 2008 at 23:30.
Old 19th July 2008, 00:34   #17
BHPian

If it was not for the bad public transport and autos would just say "yes" (which btw i think is a rule and autos can't say "no"), I would have not bought a car. Throughout my 7 yrs away from home (pune) since i started working, I have traveled in autos (delhi, chennai, hyderabad). When I came to bangalore, I realised the autos here suck and won't go anywhere even if i offered to pay twice!! Result I bought a car, the one which was available asap with zero waiting (santro) 3 years ago.

And now the govt. comes and says pay more for the cars and the fuel, why don't they improve the roads, discipline the traffic or fine the zigzagging rule breaking cabs, lorries in wrong lanes and 2 wheelers merrily breaking every possible lane rule and suspend licenses of auto drivers who say "no" All they are trying to do is milk some more money out of the IT workforce who will compelled by the pathetic public transport buy more and more cars. And yes given the circumstances all we will do is type about this on tbhp and finally pay up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
I Beg to differ here..

Exactly, why does the govt want to increase the no of auto's in the city. All they need to make sure is to have the auto drivers say YES when people approach them for a ride instead of there usual NO !!

Last edited by jassi : 19th July 2008 at 00:37.
Old 19th July 2008, 00:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post

The public transport system has not kept up with the growth of Bangalore. Lets see when the Metro hits us.
The BLR Metro is the biggest joke played with public money in the name of mass rapid transit in so far as how its planned and what its phase 1 covers :-( From a high density CBD, it takes you to an eastern mid point in the city in the middle of nowhere (beniganahalli) which itself is just short of the worst traffic congestion point in the east (Rail underbridge and KR Puram flyover) !! Are people supposed to vanish after getting off at the eastern end of the metro ? How are they ever going to reach this station to go to M.G. Road ?
Old 19th July 2008, 00:59   #19
BHPian

Whether it be autos, 2-wheelers or cars, Karnataka government S***S BIG TIME!!!

I regret not taking up the jobs that were offered to me in Pune, Gurgaon or even Hyderabad. I would have been much happier to spend the money that i am spending now.

Karnataka has not only the highest fuel prices, LTT, but it is the HIGHEST in everything!!

I wish my company decides to open a branch in any of the other cities of India and I will be the first person to shift from here. And God knows that this is the only reason that I hate Bangalore too.
Old 19th July 2008, 02:16   #20
BHPian

Can any one throw light on the date from which the rise in road tax is effective??
Old 19th July 2008, 08:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Can any one throw light on the date from which the rise in road tax is effective??
1st of August. There was a article in TOI today saying that people started booking cars inspite of asadana (AADI) month. Advait hyundai booked 60 cars a day compared to normal 15-20 cars. Mostly the compact cars.
Old 19th July 2008, 16:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
1st of August. There was a article in TOI today saying that people started booking cars inspite of asadana (AADI) month. Advait hyundai booked 60 cars a day compared to normal 15-20 cars. Mostly the compact cars.
Very true. I read in today's TOI that most of the dealers are booking the than it is normally expected. People are not minding even the "AASHADA MASA" (in this hindu calander month, nothing important things will be done like mariages, functions etc). People are defying this and are booking the vehicles. Such is the effect of the price increase.
Old 19th July 2008, 16:42   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Was at Garuda today. The sales person said that the state budget is going to add another 3% towards LTT.
Old 19th July 2008, 16:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was at Garuda today. The sales person said that the state budget is going to add another 3% towards LTT.
Is this apart from what govt has announced y'day? If yes, then its a terrible news to all of us living in Karnataka. It will not only be 3%, if we add cess portion on to this, it will be much more than 3%. Not sure what Govt wants to inform Public?
Old 20th July 2008, 20:44   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad story by Banglorean friends. But has Bangalore beaten Mumbai for the on-road price of a new motor vehicle? I believed Mumbai was the costliest!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks