Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2008, 04:41   #16
BHPian

Is the price really going to be upward of the crore range or is the guess based on the CBU mode. Audi seems to have a winner with the new A4, hope they can replicate the same with all the upcoming models.

Off Topic: Can someone share when is the A6 due for a makeover.
Old 23rd July 2008, 06:45   #17
BHPian

Saw this car (black color) in DC last week. Great car, purrs well & is very proportionate in design. The stealer was the headlights bordered with beads.
Old 23rd July 2008, 07:59   #18
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2008 at 16:56.
inferno is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:01   #19
BHPian

That's a very good move by Audi India and I'm sure it'll pay off handsomely in the future. Maybe they'll assemble these in India some day, and hence lower the price.

It's about time Lamborghini showed up in India before it's too late.
Old 23rd July 2008, 22:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
Is the price really going to be upward of the crore range or is the guess based on the CBU mode. Audi seems to have a winner with the new A4, hope they can replicate the same with all the upcoming models.

Off Topic: Can someone share when is the A6 due for a makeover.
My guess was based on the CBU route, the R8 costs ~$100k in the states. So adding duties and such I was guessing 1.2, if anyone has any other ideas please correct me.
Old 24th July 2008, 04:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
My guess was based on the CBU route, the R8 costs ~$100k in the states. So adding duties and such I was guessing 1.2, if anyone has any other ideas please correct me.

Wow!! I guess then I can just sit back relax and enjoy the view. No chance of getting one for me. Anyone got a replica make on the car

Am curious about the model change for A6 and E class, am revving up to get one in the range in a couple of months. Does someone know when these are expected to get new models. Not heard anything at all so far.
Old 22nd August 2008, 16:00   #22
BHPian

Audi R8 sold out in India before launch

being in a news media company I receieve all kinds of news, this is for team-bhp

Audi R8 sold out in India before launch.

364 words
22 August 2008
English
Asia Africa Intelligence Wire.

With 15 orders already in the bag for its super luxury R8 sports car scheduled for launch in November, German luxury carmaker Audi AG says the model is sold out for this year. Priced at Rs 1.3 crore in India, the R8 will be imported directly from Germany and will not be available for test drives. The car will not go through homologation or approval by the authorities due to the low volumes. Bookings for the car started in June. "In Germany, people have to wait for months for delivery of the R8. Since the car is partly handmade, the numbers are limited. The car is almost sold out globally this year," said an Audi spokesperson on the sidelines of the opening of the new corporate sales office of Volkswagen and Audi here on Wednesday. There are at present only two or three R8s on Indian roads bought through direct imports. A total of 2,952 units of the R8 were sold worldwide. With a mid-engine, the 420-horsepower vehicle has permanent all-wheel drive and an all-aluminium space frame body.
The 1,560 kg R8 is in direct competition with the Porsche Carrera S, which costs Rs 86.05 lakh. "The Indian market has discerning buyers who are prepared to pay for luxury, provided the quality and overall experience is superior," says Rod Wallace, managing director, Porsche India. Indicating that financing is an area where Audi and Volkswagen as a group want to strengthen, the Audi spokesperson said, "There are possibilities that the group will tie-up with banks in India." Volkswagen AG may also bring to India its wholly owned subsidiary, Volkswagen Financial Services AG, which coordinates financial services activities worldwide. "We are working out the details for India, which will be completed this year," added the spokesperson. Audi currently sells its A8, Q7, A6, A4 and TT models in the Indian market. In the first seven months of 2008, the company sold 595 units, against 226 units over the same period last year. Audi has seven dealerships across the country, which it wants to expand to 12.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:57   #23
BHPian

Saw a big two page ad in TOI Blore edition today for the gorgeous Audi R8.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos.../Ad0010106.png
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repos.../Ad0020005.png
Old 7th November 2008, 13:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

saw the ad today, it was nice feeling super car advertisement in daily newspaper hehe
Old 7th November 2008, 13:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well they have stuck to their word. Nice.
Old 7th November 2008, 17:05   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Funniest thing about the R8 ad in today's paper is that the R8 has a deadly killer front shot on the front page and on the back page was an ad for a new icon with a front shot as well and it looked like a little pussy cat after seeing the R8 on the front page! ha ha ha
Old 7th November 2008, 19:44   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see an R8 first thing on the breakfast table. Butttttttttttttttttt here's a tip for Audi : Please use INDIAN numberplates. Or don't use plates at all. An ad with a European numberplate doesn't really give that feeling of local availability. In fact, all Audi ads need to be localised.
Old 7th November 2008, 21:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

I couldn't agree more with you GTO.

It was a feast to the eyes but then, europe numberplates made me think , is India so behind , that they couldn't even put an Indian no. on it.
Old 7th November 2008, 22:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

More good news. Audi's Launching its R8 and how would you showcase it..?? Like alll manufacturers Audi is also opening its showroom. Not far from Rolls Royce.

For all travelling through worli. Just after IVY. Or at the end/start of the flyover.Not the atria mall side but the other end of the flyover. Theres a showroom being built.
Its under wraps now but you'll often see an A8 parked there. THATS THE NEW AUDI/LAMBORGHINI? SHOWROOM.
Old 7th November 2008, 23:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Superb Looks! This car is a Drooler! Ya GTO the european No. Plates were not in a good taste on the front page of an Indian Times daily.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks