Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 14:05   #16
BHPian

Price to pay for exclusivity :-(
Old 30th July 2008, 14:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraf_suman View Post
The caps are just latched on, unlike a lot of other cars where they are held by the bolts.
You might want to use some tie/straps like they do for most of the Qualis/Innovas my friend. This is regular practice even with the company authorized workshops here.

Quote:
Now for the more interesting part. A single plastic wheel cap (Skoda OEM) will set you back by 2300/- :(, so be careful.
Alas... you are not alone. See comments below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
outright atrocious , nothing less than that .
Rs 2300/- for a wheel cap is asking for trouble , SKODA i hope you are listening .. this not done in the indian market if you want sustain your product ...
Same applies to Honda. Last month when I checked, Honda had listed the wheelcaps (for the 1.5 EXi, type 2) at Rs. 3000 EACH.

Whats worse, the plastic cap that covers the hub bolt and fits to the alloy's in the center, with the [H] logo, this was listed at Rs.2400 EACH. I did a quick search on the internet that day and looks like it is priced similarly/higher in the markets abroad (@ $60-120 or so).

That's the first time I had my OE alloys painted and did a sticker for the [H] instead of buying a set of 4 cups for the price of a set of 4 HR alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
A set of suzuki 13" wheel caps in my esteem cost me 1000/- & they were sitting firmly without bolts for 3 years before i changed to alloys. This is ridiculous.
True, Maruthi vehicles have some of the lowest part prices in India. Tata's may rival that IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
This sure pinches a lot. The plastic wheel cap wouldn't have costed more than Rs.50 approx (Bae price). If we include the manufacturer's profit and his o/h + taxes on the part, skoda would have got it within Rs.75/- and they are charging a whopping Rs.2300. No doubt there are not many takers due to this kind of pricing of spares. The same goes with many other companies...
May be because these are imported and not manufactured here (that's BS, I know, but thats the answer I got from Honda.. the cups were 'Made in Japan'.. blah!!!)
Old 30th July 2008, 14:44   #18
BHPian

some other rates from the Skoda site

Fabia sticker- Rs 4889

Front fog lamps- 16 grand

Armrest- Rs 12219

Leather steering cover- 10 Grand

Skoda Fabia - Get robbed to feel special

A tip for all income tax officials, if you find a Fabia owner splurging on orignal accessories, than he is surely sitting on a huge heap of cash.
Old 30th July 2008, 14:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Skoda's cars and spare parts prices are exorbitantly high!

I guess whoever buys a Octavia, Superb, Fabia etc would be mentally prepared to bear the same!
Old 30th July 2008, 14:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
Front fog lamps- 16 grand
Please to note: Covers NOT included.

And has nobody seen that head unit for Rs. 36000!!!?
Old 30th July 2008, 15:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
You might want to use some tie/straps like they do for most of the Qualis/Innovas my friend. This is regular practice even with the company authorized workshops here.
How exactly do they do it? Do you have a picture or something? I might consider doing it to these set of wheel caps

Last edited by aah78 : 30th July 2008 at 23:19. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
And has nobody seen that head unit for Rs. 36000!!!?
I would rather buy nuclear waste for the same amount. Looks horrible. I have no idea how it sounds though.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what will be the cost of reapirs in case of damaged front bumper or replacement of bonnet. Then it would be as much as a new Nano on the road.

We paid 20K for pair of Baleno headlamps. So the fog light prices are OK.
But I wonder what will happen if the heallamps are damaged.
Anyone buying Fabia must consider these high costs of spares.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what material does Skoda use for designing its parts ? I am sure they get the raw materials from the moon or mars maybe so its the transport cost that makes it so ridiculously high. Its high time Skoda stopped treating Indian customers like this.
I guess Indian customers would account for 95% of their profits, with prices like this.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda are probably just not bothering to reduce their European prices for the Indian market.

In UK people steal hubcaps! Car accessory shops sell cheap ones, not made by the original manufacturer.

My GF in London had one nicked from her fairly-new Vauxhal Corsa (That's the little hatchback; I think Opel market it as something else here?) so she bought a new one, and a week later someone took all four. The cable clips probably just caused them to take a few seconds longer.

Of course, with Alloys, they run off with the whole set of wheels; hence locking nuts.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am interested in knowing the price of the outside rear view mirror. I wouldn't be surprised if it costs as much as 30k! Can someone posts the prices of the Skoda Fabia spares?

Does a child seat cost 30k? See this

Skoda Genuine Accessories
Old 30th July 2008, 16:54   #27
Team-BHP Support

I remember someone mentioning that the Fabia's projector headlamp costs 45K.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now for the more interesting part. A single plastic wheel cap (Skoda OEM) will set you back by 2300/- :(, so be careful.
Attrocious!! It is not made of gold.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:57   #29
Team-BHP Support

Oh Wow.
If you add the price of all the available accesories it might cost more than a Maruti Omni.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:21   #30
BHPian

Skoda is robbing Indians on whats called a brand image.

Also even if the Honda wheel caps are "Made in Japan", it doesn't justify this high price.We didn't ask them to give us imported wheel caps.It was they who did not indigenize these things from local sources, which is causing pain to customers.

Why don't the car makers launch their cars with around 70% indigenization so that the spare prices come down, and its easier to run and maintain cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks