Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2005, 16:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

John

if i had the money i would go for the forestter too...blindly !
Old 15th March 2005, 17:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

i test drove the follow "cars":
Skoda VRS, Corolla G, Forrester, CRV.

considering mumbai potholes the skoda was the best poised. the VRS version has enough grunt to compete with either the Corolla, Forrester or CRV. and the skoda was the most solidly built (atleast it felt like it) of the 4 with the CRV also feeling just as solid (all the while the CRV was heavier and drank more per km).

end: if i wanted an easy to drive car, moderate comfort, reliable i'd get the corolla G (in this price class), if I wanted performance, ride, acceleration etc... I'd get the VRS, if i wanted a status symbol I'd get the CRV, where does that leave the Forrester (yes those of us who drive into the outdoors across rivers and streams etc... can use one) but then you run into the Endevaour! Ouch!

I like the Forrester too. It is a great car for those of us who drive "into the forrest" but for those of un who never leave the concrete jungle it leave a lot to be desired (rear seat comfort and low end grunt especially).
Old 15th March 2005, 18:42   #18
BHPian

Really like the forester..
But I'v seen only one in cochin, a black one.. Sad that not many buy this machine..
Old 16th March 2005, 20:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

The forester looks VERY good in my opinion, I especially love the rear end, but it just dosent have the road presence required of an offroad vehicle and this sets it back.
I think GM made a big mistake when they launched this car. The indian car market has opened up only a few years ago, and obviously all the people will want flashy and striking machines, not subtle performers. And I dont think any indian cares aboutr handling either except us car enthusiasts.
I love this car, but it just dosent suit India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks