Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 11:13   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
But Ms. Banerjee has already raised a demand that the land be now returned back to the farmers. May be she is planning to build the Nano herself in a co-operative manner.
So what will they do now? Remove the structures and start cultivating again?
Or sell the land at 30K per acre? I wonder if the farmers who were paid xx lakhs per acre will now be asked to return the money.

TATAs will absorb the loss and build the plant elsewhere. MB will look out for the next Singur to agitate until elections and BB/CPM will project MB is anti-industry. Sad, it is the farmers who lose in the end - networth has fallen 16L/30K = 53 times at the end of the episode.
No one cares about what the state is losing!
Old 4th October 2008, 12:51   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
TATAs will absorb the loss and build the plant elsewhere. MB will look out for the next Singur to agitate until elections and BB/CPM will project MB is anti-industry. Sad, it is the farmers who lose in the end - networth has fallen 16L/30K = 53 times at the end of the episode.
No one cares about what the state is losing!
Tata has actually nothing to loose till yet... but the loss which the state has incurred is actually unaccounted.
Old 4th October 2008, 13:02   #633
Team-BHP Support

He is a true business man and has done what is right for his business. I salute this brave indian business man.

Now protest going on against Tata pulling out!
Old 4th October 2008, 13:25   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
He is a true business man and has done what is right for his business. I salute this brave indian business man.

Now protest going on against Tata pulling out!
Full agreement with what you have said!

Maybe MB should take the next big step towards progress and ban the Nano from being sold/registered in WB!
Old 4th October 2008, 13:40   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Full agreement with what you have said!

Maybe MB should take the next big step towards progress and ban the Nano from being sold/registered in WB!
Won't Ms. Banerjee feel insulted if only the Nano is banned? I feel she should now ban all vehicles and services and products having the name Tata associated with it. So in effect, TataSky, Tata Motors, Tata Indicom, Tata Tea, Tata Coffee, Tata Salt, VSNL, etc. etc. should all be banned. Long Live TMC. Long Live Mamta Banerjee. Down with development.

Maybe, Ms. Banerjee should even consider demolishing all buildings in West Bengal built with Tata Steel and rebuild them.

Last edited by SumitB : 4th October 2008 at 13:42.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:20   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Won't Ms. Banerjee feel insulted if only the Nano is banned? I feel she should now ban all vehicles and services and products having the name Tata associated with it. So in effect, TataSky, Tata Motors, Tata Indicom, Tata Tea, Tata Coffee, Tata Salt, VSNL, etc. etc. should all be banned. Long Live TMC. Long Live Mamta Banerjee. Down with development.

Maybe, Ms. Banerjee should even consider demolishing all buildings in West Bengal built with Tata Steel and rebuild them.
Dude you forgot to add Titan & TCS !! Blasphemy!

Anyways now it seems that the farmers are going to be the only losers in this battle (MB was already one) because now the government says that it wont return back the land to the farmers since it was acquired for Industrial purposes!
Old 5th October 2008, 15:53   #637
BHPian

Protest when TATA comes

Protest when TATA quits

WHAT THE !! wrong with India?

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Anger over Tata car factory move

haha
Old 5th October 2008, 17:18   #638
Senior - BHPian

What for? It is the problem created by themselves. They have shot in their foot itself. Now they are crying that tata has left. Mindless people.
Old 5th October 2008, 17:20   #639
Senior - BHPian

It is sad to see the state of affairs in WB politics. What did the perpetrators of the protest get out if it all ? ZERO. Other than giving an impression to the world that WB is incondusive to do business in.

The Icing on the cake. Protests now on the moving out of WB.

May better sense prevail.
Old 5th October 2008, 17:31   #640
Senior - BHPian

Some good news for KA. Tata team visited the proposed sites of Dharwad and Hubli. Govt is waiting for their decision now.

Tatas inspect site for Nano in Karnataka
Old 5th October 2008, 20:25   #641
BHPian

Quote:

Yep, ban TATA bye bye too!
Ban it now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Some good news for KA. Tata team visited the proposed sites of Dharwad and Hubli. Govt is waiting for their decision now.

Tatas inspect site for Nano in Karnataka
Hear they are in AP too!

Last edited by Glass : 5th October 2008 at 20:28.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:03   #642
BHPian

[quote
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Anger over Tata car factory move

haha[/quote]

just now i read the above article.following underlined matter is excerpt from it..

"For her part Ms Banerji has accused Tata of conspiring with her political rivals to discredit her. "We had stopped the agitation for more than a month, so why are the Tatas pulling out now?" she said. "

i have heard of daylight robbery, but this some thing more than that. in TAMIL there is a saying "hiding full pumpkin in plate of rice". i dunno know the relevant english idiom, but this is the example.
Old 5th October 2008, 23:11   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
just now i read the above article.following underlined matter is excerpt from it..

"For her part Ms Banerji has accused Tata of conspiring with her political rivals to discredit her. "We had stopped the agitation for more than a month, so why are the Tatas pulling out now?" she said. "

i have heard of daylight robbery, but this some thing more than that. in TAMIL there is a saying "hiding full pumpkin in plate of rice". i dunno know the relevant english idiom, but this is the example.[/quote]

I really hate to say this, but because of an opposition party Tata has to leave Bengal. I mean this is SHAMEFULL. Trust me on this now, no one will invest in Bengal. This according to me was their big ticket out of poverty.

I guess they deserved it.

Shame on W Bengal and its third grade politics

AC
Old 6th October 2008, 00:32   #644
Senior - BHPian

Here is a stupid question? How much money would it take to pay Mamta and co the money they are looking for? Surely thats an option to keep the ship sailing.
Old 6th October 2008, 00:48   #645
Senior - BHPian

AP is willing to absorb the relocation costs from Singur.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks