Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:02   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Just saw breaking news on TV, one farmer has commited suicide because Tata's have suspended work in the plant. He wanted the plant to come up there itself.
This is terrible. The dirty games of politicians are showing on to the poor farmers. Hope the politicians will realize this before it is too late. Today one farmer has committed suicide, tomorrow nobody nknows how many will follow the suit.

Now, the blame game will start between all the political parties in WB. IMO, we should squarely blame WB govt and MB for this. They did not handle the whole issue properly and the sufferers are somebody else.
Old 3rd September 2008, 17:44   #332
SuperSyn

Truly Mamta B. is the most innocent and blameless person in all the drama.

Ratan Tata should get the majority of the blame. It was his company's project and they tried to cut costs by para-legal means -using commie political muscle- to steal/acquire/buy cheap land.

Old 3rd September 2008, 17:52   #333
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
If the land was fertile yielded good crops, they should have given Tata Motors another piece of land.
They gave whatever Rat-an demanded.

All Indian states classify land as agricultural, forest, waste land etc. Waste land doesn't necessarily mean mountains or inhabitable land. There is lot of land classifed as waste land in India, which can be used to set up manufacturing industries.

Old 3rd September 2008, 18:14   #334
BHPian

Mamata Banerjee Interview - Mamata Banerjee says she is hopeful of a solution

From MB's Interview in CNN-IBN :

In Singur, the West Bengal government and the TATAs forcefully evacuated the land, then imposed Section 144 here and then they deputed more than 30,000 policemen to capture this land.

The TATA project has covered two rivers, can you imagine that? One of them comes from River Damodar and they have been concreted.

The TATAs have come here with a lot of subsidies. There are no income tax, sales tax, VAT or cess, no electricity charge, free water, free land, free infrastructure.

The Governor is a nice man. We are agreeable with his solutions.

I said shift your ancillary units on the opposite the road where 500 acres of land is available.

Read more at UPA, CPM govt betrayed me: Mamata Banerjee

Cheers

MontyKING
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:38   #335
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support: Please use EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE+ while replying to / quoting multiple posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Truly Mamta B. is the most innocent and blameless person in all the drama.

Ratan Tata should get the majority of the blame. It was his company's project and they tried to cut costs by para-legal means -using commie political muscle- to steal/acquire/buy cheap land.
Are you on a wind up ?

Mamta is far from innocent, if she is so concerned about farmers when is she going to start asking the central sarkar to allow farmers to export their basmati etc at the going market rate as opposed to the abysmal rate in India. When will the farmers get real market prices for their other crops ?

I applaud Mr Tata for pulling the plug on this plant and sticking 2 fingers up at the likes of Mamta. People like Mamta never provide solutions on lifting people out of poverty and taking the country forward, instead they are always on the look out for opportunities to hold the country back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyKING View Post
From MB's Interview in CNN-IBN :

In Singur, the West Bengal government and the TATAs forcefully evacuated the land, then imposed Section 144 here and then they deputed more than 30,000 policemen to capture this land.

The TATA project has covered two rivers, can you imagine that? One of them comes from River Damodar and they have been concreted.

The TATAs have come here with a lot of subsidies. There are no income tax, sales tax, VAT or cess, no electricity charge, free water, free land, free infrastructure.

The Governor is a nice man. We are agreeable with his solutions.

I said shift your ancillary units on the opposite the road where 500 acres of land is available.

Read more at UPA, CPM govt betrayed me: Mamata Banerjee

Cheers

MontyKING
You believe what Mamta is spouting ?

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd September 2008 at 20:15. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:53   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyKING View Post
Yes it is true. Even I saw the speech of MB. But seriously, do we have to believe her every single word ? If yes, then why at this juncture? A farmer already committed suicide as tatas were pulling out. I undertand his all 4 sons are working in singur plant. MB did not give any statement on this suicide. If she really cared for farmers, then she should have atleast visited the place and consoled the aggrieved family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
They gave whatever Rat-an demanded.

All Indian states classify land as agricultural, forest, waste land etc. Waste land doesn't necessarily mean mountains or inhabitable land. There is lot of land classifed as waste land in India, which can be used to set up manufacturing industries.
You mean to say that the govt did not even think whether the land should be given or not to tatas? Whatever Tata asked, Govt agreed with closed eyes and welcomed tata with the red carpet?

Last edited by snaronikar : 3rd September 2008 at 19:55.
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:06   #337
Team-BHP Support

SuperSyn,
Even if Ratan Tata did any hanky-panky (I really don't believe he did), as an entrepreneur, he would be right. Any industrialist will want to cut costs and maximise profits.
It's the Govt. which is responsible for the well-being of people in the state, not Ratan Tata.
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:23   #338
BHPian

So now that it is almost confirmed tata will leave the singur plant where do you think tata will go for the production of nano?

Last edited by team suzuki : 3rd September 2008 at 20:27.
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:40   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
So now that it is almost confirmed tata will leave the singur plant where do you think tata will go for the production of nano?
As informed in my earlier post, they have 3 choices right now Uttarkhand/Pune/Dharwad. They already have their own plants up and running in these places. Tey also has the required land for manufacturing Nano in these places. All the state govts are ready to give in some more land for tatas if they opt for any of the above mentioned places.

The 4th one being MP as Kamal Nath has invited him to open the plant in MP. The 5th being Haryana.

But I feel if they pull out, tata may choose either of the first 3 places.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:15   #340
Senior - BHPian

If they want to keep transportation costs down, they need to be near a port that is also well connected by rail and road.

Uttarakhand is where they will be manufacturing the Nano initially, as reported earlier - since Plan B was already in operation. But in the long term, transportation from UK (sorry Brits) to other parts of the country, especially to the West Coast and the South which are the high-growth markets, may not be very feasible.

MP sounds like a good idea as it is bang in the middle of the country, but I believe connectivity sux.

AP or Maharashtra sounds logical, reasonably centrally located and well connected. Of the two they would prefer Maharashtra as they already have a large plant there, the CM has made an open invitation with a promise to provide as much land as they require, and they dont have a Naxal problem like AP has. After WB they would be wary of ANY sort of trouble.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:21   #341
Senior - BHPian

This entire Singur episode can be made into a movie or a mega TV serial. I think it has all the ingredients, namely political chicanery,corporate skullduggery, the agitating poor , brute force , thievery, death and betrayal all rolled into one epic saga. The only thing missing is romance, but finding an actress to dance around a tree cannot be too hard, can it?. There are so many of them nowadays.Mr. Bhandarkar must be following this story closely, i assume.This is my understanding of the situation. God only knows what is really true!.

Last edited by nickatnite : 3rd September 2008 at 21:29.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:27   #342
BHPian

Bigman : No I do not believe in all that MB is saying but the land management idea of hers is good, rest is politics. I will like to add to this that MB is one of the clean politicians and political compulsions are making her take bad decisions.

Cheers

MontyKING
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:49   #343
BHPian

Did anyone else notice the strange coincidence of:
  1. Amar Singh showing up at Mamta's rally
  2. Mamta Threatning Mukesh Ambani's Reliance with similar treatment
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:51   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
This entire Singur episode can be made into a movie or a mega TV serial. I think it has all the ingredients, namely political chicanery,corporate skullduggery, the agitating poor , brute force , thievery, death and betrayal all rolled into one epic saga. The only thing missing is romance, but finding an actress to dance around a tree cannot be too hard, can it?. There are so many of them nowadays.Mr. Bhandarkar must be following this story closely, i assume.This is my understanding of the situation. God only knows what is really true!.
OT: Don't tell me. If Ektaa Kapoor hears this and we are up again on one of the biggest soap opera in history of TV. It will beat KSBBT. Finding romance? Leave it to Ektaa, she will do all the twist and turns and add masala into it.

Last edited by snaronikar : 3rd September 2008 at 21:53.
Old 3rd September 2008, 22:03   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
OT: Don't tell me. If Ektaa Kapoor hears this and we are up again on one of the biggest soap opera in history of TV. It will beat KSBBT. Finding romance? Leave it to Ektaa, she will do all the twist and turns and add masala into it.
Anything is possible if Ekta makes the serial. She can even let MB romance Ratan Tata to provide a twist in the serial
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks