Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 21:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

I think the service centre have gone beserk.

Instead of check whether the parts are damaged, they are changing all sorts of crap..

Front Speakers - 4k
The full Clutch Assembly - 26 k - Does water actually kill the clutch??
Steering Rack 38k - Why change the steering rack!!?

If I were you, i'd get a tow truck asap and get my car outta that garage!!
Old 6th September 2008, 22:29   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
If I were you, i'd get a tow truck asap and get my car outta that garage!!
Unfortunately, this dealer currently enjoys the monopoly for Honda service in Pune. So, guess Shashank is not left with much of a chance.
Old 6th September 2008, 22:47   #48
BHPian

That looks like a "Honda Civic spare parts in stock" list.
Take a knowledgeable friend along to that place.
Old 6th September 2008, 22:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Well seriously my friend you should get your vehicle back from the honda dealership and try to get it to some other dealership in which someone you know has a friend.Or if someone from tbhp has a friend.they are changing rediculous stuff.latches,carpet,exhaust pipe,spark plugs,end canister(muffler).
stuff like flywheel,pulleys are mechanical bits.not electrical.a day in the sun will set them back to original condition.
Old 6th September 2008, 22:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

another Honda *** in pune

Just Bad timing. Grand Honda shut their services just few days/weeks back.
It would have definitely helped for alternate official opinion within city.
Old 6th September 2008, 23:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

there are many honda dealers in MUmbai

IChiban
Linkway
Arya to name a few

get a quote from them if you can..
Old 6th September 2008, 23:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Man, that's one what are all the parts in a Civic kind of list :-(
agentsmith2, even if insurance is willing to pay 5 lacs, I wouldn't change all the parts that seem totally unnecessary (locks, carpets, airbags and what not as pointed out by other bhpians).
Honda A.S.S. (like most A.S.S) do a pretty bad job esp when you consider factory fit and finish what they are going to achieve (even in the best of cases). Also, isn't there some sort of ECU and other electronics diag program that A.S.S. can run to determine what's really not working ? Not a Honda owner, so no firsthand experience or expertise ?

BTW, it seems like they just slapped in repairs which maybe required, if your car was flooded with water upto the roof like in Bombay floods etc. They don't seem to have made any attempt to check anything, or ?
Old 7th September 2008, 00:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Unfortunately, this dealer currently enjoys the monopoly for Honda service in Pune. So, guess Shashank is not left with much of a chance.
If I was in his position, I would get my car repaired outside Honda Service, get it in running condition and then sell the car...

Possibly the most sensible solution considering the long term ..
Old 7th September 2008, 01:13   #54
BHPian

oh hell!

last month there was flash flooding in hyderabad following heavy downpour. my trusted V2 got stuck in water and seized on me. it was actually my fault. i was cruising along in 4th gear with AC and in the dark road I could not notice the waist deep water. in no time i found the car upto half door level in water and it seized.

my friends and I pushed the car out and left it over night by the road side.

next day I got it towed to my usual service center (Auto Chenoy, Secunderabad). they fixed the engine in a day and kept it two more days for drying to prevent fungus.

and contrary to my fears, in the end my bill was a princely Rs 760.00/-

while collecting it i tipped the mechanics Rs 300 in gratitude!
Old 7th September 2008, 05:12   #55
BHPian

This is a nightmare for me. Can anyone suggest a good workshop for civic in Pune !?
Old 7th September 2008, 08:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you contact some tbhp members from mumbai who own hondas and know some service centres there.no harm in towing your vehicle to mumbai if you get a good deal.

Maybe someone like ramie,viper or others i know not of may be able to help you out.
Old 8th September 2008, 14:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith2 View Post
This is a nightmare for me. Can anyone suggest a good workshop for civic in Pune !?

Dude I am beginning to think it will be cheaper if you could use road transport to ferry your vehicle from Pune Workshop to Mumbai workshop where there are more options available. You can then take quotes from 2 -3 dealers and go for the cheapest option. All the best my friend !!
Old 8th September 2008, 15:03   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith2 View Post
first thing you should do now is to take out your car from there....and keep it at your home while you find out some other solution...dont mind spending another 2 grands for towing back to home....

Meanwhile visit to any roadside mech and ask them if they know some good Honda mech around

Agentsmith, I spoke my mech where i used to take my Old Ikon for repairs, he said he can do the work of Civic, but if it is under warranty then you should take to authorised workshop only and do not try to go elsewhere....

Last edited by ajmat : 8th September 2008 at 15:51.
Old 9th September 2008, 16:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
first thing you should do now is to take out your car from there....and keep it at your home while you find out some other solution...dont mind spending another 2 grands for towing back to home....

Meanwhile visit to any roadside mech and ask them if they know some good Honda mech around

Agentsmith, I spoke my mech where i used to take my Old Ikon for repairs, he said he can do the work of Civic, but if it is under warranty then you should take to authorised workshop only and do not try to go elsewhere....
yes, very much under warranty.
Old 9th September 2008, 16:23   #60
DKG
Senior - BHPian

In cases like these invariably the con rods are bent and it does require a complete engine overhaul. You can always speak to the Honda Area Service Manager and request he too look into the estimate. Your best bet is to go along with the authorised Honda dealer and not have the car meddled by anyone else. I don't think any of this would be covered under warranty, only your insurance cover may protect you had you covered the car for flood damage.

Last edited by DKG : 9th September 2008 at 16:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks