Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2008, 12:53   #16
BHPian

Nice to know that. But what about the govt owned vehicles. Has anyone observed the dumping trucks, old DTC busses, govt ambulances?

I believe, govt should first perform such activities with themselves then point fingers on the citizens.
Old 5th September 2008, 16:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Why cant they just introduce a road-worthiness test where you need to renew your vehicles' registeration every year?
What???
You want an annual ritual where
- Either you pay bribe, OR,
- You are sent back to workshop and asked to come again with objections raised on inconsequential things.
Old 5th September 2008, 16:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Why exactly do you think new tata and Fiat vehicles are in worse shape than old vehicles ? Tata I can understand the public prejudice , but why Fiat ?
It was ment towards the car itself rather. I ment to say that a 15 year old Maruti 800 will surely produce less smoke and emissions than a brand new 1.6L fair or a 2L Tata car.

They should first remove all the Autos that pollute the air and our ears.
Old 5th September 2008, 16:40   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I can think of a workaround for those amongst us who are emotionally attached to our cars = register it in a smaller town. My Jeep wears a Nasik registration and that town isn't getting this rule for a long time to come. The rurals would go ballistic!

This policy should be implemented first for commercial vehicles, including rickshaws. Older trucks & tempos aren't only the worst pollutants, but most are maintained in such a shabby manner that the safety of other road users is at stake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
What happens to vintage and classic cars?
Vintage cars are generally exempt from such rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
This is another wierd policy much like the import policy which says that used vehicles that are more than 3 years old cannot be imported into the country
I do support this rule which, by the way, has nothing to do with the road worthiness. These import restrictions are in place only to protect the domestic auto industry.
Old 5th September 2008, 16:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Someone just do this in Pune! We need the roads. We know we drive on them but we just can't get to see them. We can only feel them...sometimes. With so much construction activity and the city spreading far and wide, you can only see trucks loaded with stuff for construction activity or water tankers!
Old 5th September 2008, 16:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Nice to know that. But what about the govt owned vehicles. Has anyone observed the dumping trucks, old DTC busses, govt ambulances?

I believe, govt should first perform such activities with themselves then point fingers on the citizens.
. They need to test their own vehicles of the road worthiness. This problem is not only in Delhi, it is in each and every city. The BBMP vehicles which are used to clean dustbins and lorries carrying the sand are most dangerous as they emit smoke to maximum. Are these road worthy? Govt has to ponder on this first then make the law. I understand that these are contracted vehicles but will these contracters agree to this law?
Old 5th September 2008, 16:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
and 2 strokes have to be banned!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah right.
First Ban the corporation bus then 2 strokes.

I love my Yamaha.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks