Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2017, 13:12   #6121
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Another piece of graphics collection to show the disparity in crude and petrol/diesel prices.

Retail Fuel vs. Crude

Item #4 (Rise in prices from Jan 2016 is lower than crude) would definitely find place somewhere in govt blogs/tweets.
Old 18th September 2017, 14:16   #6122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Looks like the ultimate aim of this government is to make everyone starve. The government here is saying that we will increase taxes until everyone starves. The tax burden imposed by this government puts British rule to shame.

Why can't this minister simply at least shut up and mind his own portfolio which is tourism.Why should I shell more out of my hard earned already heavily taxed income to build toilets and houses for the so called poor.

I am losing patience with this government.
1. Failed drama of demonetization
2. Loot in the form of GST. The prices of 99% of the goods have increased substantially.
3. Loot in the form of fuel. Deregulation of fuel has been used only to raise prices. When crude prices fall the government raises taxes to increase the loot instead of cutting prices.

Another clown in the transport minister wants to reduce the only growing sector of manufacturing - the automotive sector by crippling it with a thousand cuts.
. This Govt. appears hellbent on making everyone's life miserable. Taxation is at its highest and they are still not happy. Automotive fuel sells at same price as during Cong regime, even though crude comes at less than one fourth of what it was during Cong. rule. The present Govt. has mercilessly hiked excise tax component and raked in a big fortune. Service tax during Cong. rule was 12 per cent. This Govt. took it up to 14, 15 and 18 right now. I hear all businesses who took over 1 crore tax credit post GST will be visited and their accounts audited. GDP is down. God knows how many people lost their jobs in small unorganized sector businesses. But, all this Govt, does is scream about its "achievements" from rooftops.
pgsagar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:46   #6123
BHPian

Yesterday I refuelled at Shell just outside Wagholi in Pune. Unleaded Petrol was Rs. 78.80. In Comparison, Reliance and PSU petrol was around Rs. 79.50. Finally we have Shell petrol with much superior quality at cheaper rates than PSU, this is the achhe din we have been waiting for!!
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:27   #6124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Yesterday I refuelled at Shell just outside Wagholi in Pune. Unleaded Petrol was Rs. 78.80. In Comparison, Reliance and PSU petrol was around Rs. 79.50. Finally we have Shell petrol with much superior quality at cheaper rates than PSU
Here in Bangalore, Shell is Rs 2/- costlier than PSU since the last few months. I stopped filling at Shell.
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:34   #6125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Here in Bangalore, Shell is Rs 2/- costlier than PSU since the last few months. I stopped filling at Shell.
I filled full tank in a five year old Zen estilo!! It was a no-brainer since Shell was cheaper. I got ridiculously good fuel efficiency as a bonus. Also, while this may be placebo effect, I found engine to be smoother after about 250 kms drive, particularly in low revs.
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:34   #6126
PGA
BHPian

Why is fuel prices not increasing for last five days, since the hullabaloo broke out, even though the price of crude has increased by 5 dollars and rupee crashed to near six month low. A good analysis of the opaqueness existing in the system

http://epaper.tribuneindia.com/1366164/The-
Tribune/TT_22_September_2017#page/11/1
PGA is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:48   #6127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Why is fuel prices not increasing for last five days, since the hullabaloo broke out, even though the price of crude has increased by 5 dollars and rupee crashed to near six month low. A good analysis of the opaqueness existing in the system

http://epaper.tribuneindia.com/1366164/The-
Tribune/TT_22_September_2017#page/11/1
IIRC, the OMCs have linked the fuel price to international fuel price and not the crude price. Thus, our prices haven't increased. Now since the crude prices have increased, the actual fuel prices will also increase globally and then it will be reflected in our fuel bunks as well.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 22:25   #6128
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
IIRC, the OMCs have linked the fuel price to international fuel price and not the crude price.
Which international benchmark have the prices been pegged to, no clarity on it. Secondly, go to any bunk in the vicinity of Reliance pump, PSU bunks offer a discount of Rs 1 per litre both on petrol and diesel, I don't get this logic when their selling price is a water tight case.
Old 27th September 2017, 16:32   #6129
Senior - BHPian

A six-fold increase in the revenue from the tax on diesel
Quote:
According to the data, while the revenue earned in 2012-13 from the sale of petrol was Rs 23,710 crore and from diesel Rs 22,513 crore, in 2016-17, petrol and diesel fetched Rs 66,318 crore and Rs 124,266 crore revenue, respectively,
Link: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/60845930.cms
msdivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:30   #6130
BHPian

Fueled up today at Indian Oil petrol pump on Sinhgad Road in Pune. It was interesting to note that there were labels mentioning regular petrol as well as XtraPremium was 10% ethanol blended. I do not recollect seeing this earlier at other outlets. Are all the fuel outlets selling ethanol blended petrol or there are only selected few? I did not observe any difference in fuel price either.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:23   #6131
BHPian

Was just going through the daily prices and boy oh boy the petrol rates in Mumbai is one paise less than 80!
Price in Amravati is 81.XX So is Aurangabad/Beed/Pune. Outside of MH, the next highest seems to be in MP with 77.XX. Almost 3 Rupee ahead of second placed MP. And a full 10 bucks higher than Delhi.
Atrocious. I really feel for all in Maharashtra.
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:35   #6132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Was just going through the daily prices and boy oh boy the petrol rates in Mumbai is one paise less than 80!
I really feel for all in Maharashtra.
And you should come and see the roads in Mumbai-it will rival the surface of moon!

People here (including me) don't react and will put up with anything without even a whimper. Sad commentary on the inhabitants of this city
Old 3rd October 2017, 17:00   #6133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Price in Amravati is 81.XX So is Aurangabad/Beed/Pune. Outside of MH, the next highest seems to be in MP with 77.XX. Almost 3 Rupee ahead of second placed MP. And a full 10 bucks higher than Delhi.
Atrocious. I really feel for all in Maharashtra.
I was not at all satisfied with the current level of pricing, and after hearing the ministers' explanation of building toilets using the additional money we are paying (about Rs 25/- per litre, IMO), I'm in a state of mad anger. Fuel may be moved under GST, but then, there may be a fifth tax level - at 200%! And I am still waiting for that good day offered.

My question: if the govt is so much dependent on the money from fuel, why are they pushing for all-electric cars from 2030 onwards? Are they sure they will be voted out in 2029 / the current leadership need to retire by that time and none will support them thereafter?

I am all ok with the push for environment, but all drama around that is a strict no for me.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd October 2017 at 17:26.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 19:21   #6134
Senior - BHPian

Just read this in Twitter. Does it mean a reduction of at least 2 rupees on the price?

Govt of India has reduced Basic Excise Duty rate on Petrol & Diesel [both branded and unbranded] by Rs. 2 per litre w.e.f. 4th October,2017
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:40   #6135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Just read this in Twitter. Does it mean a reduction of at least 2 rupees on the price?
It means reduction of exactly Rs. 2 from both Petrol and Diesel prices from tomorrow. Ofcourse, if the price of fuel goes up / down by a few paise, the number won't be exactly Rs. 2 lesser than today's rate.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks