Team-BHP - Poll: Civic V/S Corolla altis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Poll: Civic V/S Corolla altis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/45304-poll-civic-v-s-corolla-altis-2.html)

hmm.. looks like its gonna make a dent in the civic sales.

Better things have started happening in India and we are loving it! Let the japanese automobile makers fight with each other toe to toe on indian soil. one instance when i patronise fights ;) and the japanese war may not be confined to Toyota & Honda. Suzuki, Nissan should be dragged into it.

i think its gonna be a big battle but have to see whether the corolla has the characterstics of being a good driver's car. A lot depends on how it drives in comparison to civic. The features offered in new corolla are definately impressive but then i'm addicted to the high revving nature of hondas. The high end torque is something to be experienced and the current corolla is slightly sluggish at higher rpms. So have to see which car would win that crucial factor. Looks wise both cars look like a winner and is subjective to personal choice.
I havent voted because i have not taken the test drive of new corolla yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 966361)
Delhi

ex-showroom price: Civic 1.8E MT : Rs. 1,100,000
corolla 1.8G MT: Rs. 1,083,000

what additional features you get in corolla

alloy wheels
automatic climate control

corolla has same power at lower rpm and more torque as compared to civic.
let the wars begin.

Isn't it that all civic models come with alloys? I have not seen any without the alloys.

Features wise the Corolla comes out on tops. Lot of goodies to play with. :-)

Why the 4 speed automatic? They've not improved from the last one.

There are going to be a lot of Corolla's on the road pretty soon. And yes as someone said, Civic will be available at discounts. Civic would be the drivers car whereas a Corolla would be the one to get chauffeured around.

Toyota Bharat site as all the information up and about.

Few more things that are there in the Corolla as compared to the Civic

Automatic Headlamp Levelling system. (in the top two variants)
Driver + passenger Seatbelt warning (all variants)
176 mm Ground Clearance (as compared to 170mm in the Civic)
Wood finish on the steering wheel (top two variants)

My brother has already booked the top model in the manual transmission.
It's a great car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashish22 (Post 966474)
i think its gonna be a big battle but have to see whether the corolla has the characterstics of being a good driver's car. A lot depends on how it drives in comparison to civic.

well the civic isnt exactly a drivers car either. barely any torque at low rpms and the soft suspension dosent help handling much. frankly i was a bit dissapointed with the accceleration. but lets wait for people to td the corolla.

all depends if altis gets their suspension right...im a fan of the frontlines of the car, but i dont like the back of the altis..it still reminds me of the old corrolla..seems like the optra magnum in a way, where they tailored the front only and left the back as is..I dont expect much change in the engine department..

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftagain (Post 966531)
Isn't it that all civic models come with alloys? I have not seen any without the alloys.

the civic E does not come with alloys. it only has wheel caps

I'd go for civic auto anyday but the low GC is holding me back.

Civic and Corolla are all time rivals and worldwide Corolla outsells Civic. Civic doesnt have anything better than Corolla other than A/T, futuristic dash and sleek design.

But I am little disappointed with the Tail of Altis, this one still reminds me of old Corolla :eek:

Compare 5 gears Civic-AT with 4 gears for the Altis? No Way, Automatic Altis cannot beat the Automatic Civic in anything, either power or FE. For the MT I do not know.

I wish that my Civic -AT has cruise-control (frees my right leg on good highways), power-driver-seats with memory and HID headlights. Apart from that Altis stirs no emotion in me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 966693)
I'd go for civic auto anyday but the low GC is holding me back.

The Civic always had low tourqe, low GC, low seating, low boot space and now lower features. I hope it comes at a lower price too!!

A very good comparison for the potential buyers. However, we need to wait and see what and how does this turn out. When Sx4 was launched, everyone predicted the downfall of NHC, but which didn't happen. So, let's wait and see how this pans out.

Also, I wish Jetta could have got their pricing in the same range, then we would have a 3-way face off.

Finally, with competition, customers would be getting good deals and am sure that no one is complaining about it.

Time to rejoice for the Honda lovers, specially for the Civic lovers as Honda will either add features to Civic at little or no extra cost (as it happened to Honda City after SX4) or they will reduce the price of Civic.