Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 17:19   #16
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
couple of new facelifted Nissan X-trail passed me on a high speed.
Patently ugly front especially the head lamps. Big rip-off in terms of price.
Old 26th August 2009, 17:04   #17
BHPian

New Xtrail to be launched next month, this is what an article said in sify.com.

"In the meantime, the new editions of the Teana sedan and the X-Trail SUV will hit the roads next month"
Old 26th August 2009, 17:21   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

nice pics
the facelifted x trail somehow looks to me from the side like the newly refreshed GV
Old 26th August 2009, 17:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

One more to join the crowded party!!

There are more SUV in the 20odd lakh price range than in the 10 odd.
Old 27th August 2009, 09:06   #20
BHPian

In our Army we have plenty of NISSAN engine based vehicles and they are no doubts pretty reliable. My boss who returned from a Europe trip (leisure) last year, ever since, then been ga ga over Nissan vehicles- wondering are they really so good. He is dreaming of buying one. Yesterday I revisited the company's (India) website . The instrument console is still in the centre. The elegance trim has few additional creature comforts added other than a large sunroof and 6 CD changer there is nothing noticeable for the additional amount of approx. Rs. 4 Lakhs that one would pay over the base model.

Its a five seater and approx. 136 ps, so I dont think the engine technology is advanced either. Safari VTT seems to have better power & torque and 7 seater at half the price. The spotted pics in the thread - are of 2008 vintage - almost a year old and it seems that despite one year of testing they are yet to launch the new model only next month ( centre console still existing in the currently available lineup).

As far as looks are concerned, I dont have any issues- I like the boxy patterns as much. If this is ugly then the new Montero ( Mitsu) should be considered as ugly IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
New Xtrail to be launched next month, this is what an article said in sify.com.

"In the meantime, the new editions of the Teana sedan and the X-Trail SUV will hit the roads next month"
Old 27th August 2009, 09:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
including the console which has been shifted from the middle to the right hand side in front of the driver
i dont think so. just zoom the first pic. i can clearly see the central bump in the dash
Old 27th August 2009, 13:42   #22
BHPian

ugly design IMO. To me it looks like a scaled up Fiat Uno :-) Slightly OT here, but I wonder why Nissan does not launch Ultima/Maxima sedans in India.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:25   #23
BHPian

Nissan bought this hideous car to India in a hope that we are morons and would buy this thing as it is from nissan! But they should have used their brains though while introducing this car to India.
But Nissan got the balls to bring such a disaster to India!
Old 27th August 2009, 17:27   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

these are exactly the sentiments I had expressed in an earlier thread - why not a diesel crossover vehicle within a reasonable price bracket

which is exactly why M&M are working so hard on their all new SUV

and which is also why Skoda Yeti is poised to launch here

And I wonder why all the other manufacturers are studiously ignoring this segment of price. Or is it that they think only the really well off guys deserve to have and enjoy SUV's? If so they are downright stupid.

Because I am sure if offered a real Recreational 4WD Common Rail Turbo Diesel powered SUV priced between say 8 and 15 lacs, there will be zillions of takers.

Double Income families would surely opt for one car and one such SUV. Many young couples and small families would prefer such a vehicle compared with the boring standard cars they drive.

And anyone with a halfway active lifestyle would certainly buy one.

It would be just perfect because the lifestyle concept of weekend getaways and recreational road trips which were once the exclusive preserve of the elite, are now freely available and accessible to the common man too - and a vehicle like this would be the perfect asset or companion on such trips!

to reiterate this - toyota should have its RAV4, Daihatsu should come with the Terios, the Tucson price should be cut down, Renault should bring the Sandero, Fiat should launch the Sedici OR allow Maruti to bring in the SX4 Crossover, Nissan could consider the baby Patrol, Mitsubishi could consider bunging in the Baby Pajero.

Chevrolet in India should resurrect the Subaru Forester but should stick the Optra Magnum's 2 litre Diesel engine in it and maybe Ford should re-hash the Fusion a bit by giving it bigger fatter wheels and a slightly higher stance!!!??

simple - I wonder if these clodheads at the auto companies even bother listening to what us consumers want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
One more to join the crowded party!!

There are more SUV in the 20odd lakh price range than in the 10 odd.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 27th August 2009 at 17:31.
Old 27th August 2009, 19:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Some may not like the styling of X-Trail, but one has to realise that there are different schools of thinking in styling/design and they appeal to certain type of buyers and possibly go well with the overall charetcter/theme of the particular vehicle. I personally find the X-Trail to be much more handsome compared to many other SUV/Pseudo SUVs. Yes, I too find the current model better looking then the new model.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:34   #26
BHPian

Its a very capable machine but does not have flashy design which appeals to indians oadded to that the high price i have low hopes of its success.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:54   #27
BHPian

guys,
I bought this recently and fyi, this is not a facelift, this is completely new model from the ground up. For petrol they use the same engine QR25DE with few changes. The center console moved to the side. Yes, As someone mentioned the front view is not that sporty as the old model!

It has a very spacious luggage/boot, which can easily accomodate a bicycle. It has one of the smoothest ride. Cruising at 140kmph is effortless, but the Petrol model's fuel efficiency is best at 80-90kmph range. I used to measure, around 14kmpl if i ride in that range. If I am in a crazy mood, i get 9kmpl! Not sure about Diesel though, which is what India going to get! I wish I could buy the Diesel model in Brunei. Top model has GPS, Cruise control and Hill Descent Control other than ABS/EBD which is very useful in hilly roads. But pricing is crazy in India. 25 lakhs is too much.

Note from Mod: X-Trail test drive & review have been uploaded here.

Last edited by GTO : 20th October 2009 at 14:26. Reason: Thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks