Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 14:20   #31
BHPian

my petra has taken the pot holes extreamly well.no rattles yet(touch wood) though i have a slightly bent wheel cap.
Old 16th September 2008, 17:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
My new SX4 is not taking these potholes really well, too shaky and shock does not absorbs them on slow speed.

My Indica was way ahead from SX4 in terms of comfort on these roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
SX4 is seeing it's first monsoon and has held up really well ........although the car really shakes up the occupants when going over rough roads and the suspension is very thrashy through potholes.
That's surprising given the SUVish parentage of SX4. Higher profile tyres should improve the ride. I'm sure the wheel wells are large enough to accommodate taller tyres.

Last edited by directinjection : 16th September 2008 at 17:07.
Old 17th September 2008, 10:29   #33
BHPian

My Swift (20K on Odo) did not take a fancy the potholed Mumbai roads or the lunar Belgaum-Goa NH4A. Rattles from the backseat - suspension crashing over bad potholes - reappearance of front left window rattles.
Old 29th November 2008, 17:03   #34
BHPian

My 4 year old xing has just been thru one of the worst monsoons in Chennai. Except for the parking brake making a fews squeeks when taking it out first thing in the morning, she has has held up well with no other funny noises touchwood. Dont use the parking brake anymore now cause the car is parked in a pool of water every night due to flooding here.
Old 1st August 2010, 10:51   #35
mgh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels View Post
IN NO WAY this is true...

Mumbai has perennial potholes whether you its raining or not...the saga continues.

My Ikon seems to handling the roads pretty well but still feel a stab everytime i hit a pothole. And believe me when i say pothole where is stay in Ghodbunder road I mean BLACK HOLES(big bang theory...LOL only they eat up the car).
True of most Indian cities. Mumbai's roads have improved from the days when potholes were so big, that legend has it that several Marutis (800 only in those days) were swallowed by them and were never seen again.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
True of most Indian cities. Mumbai's roads have improved from the days when potholes were so big, that legend has it that several Marutis (800 only in those days) were swallowed by them and were never seen again.
Just to remind you it was nearly two year old thread and if still things are as they were ...Hmmmm

God bless Mumbaikars
cheers
Old 2nd August 2010, 01:21   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Our cars are taking the Potholes quite well.

the Fiesta: Crashes through big potholes at speed, but doesn't lose stability and feels the most tough. No new rattles after the monsoons. Handles the smaller ones well at speed. However, when the potholes are visible and I have enough time to slow down, she goes like a dream.
However, I am sure a change of shoes will help a lot in making the ride softer. Currently she is running on tubed MRF ZVTS and the suspension is over 65Kkm old.

Octavia: Was pleasantly surprised. However, low GC is an issue. Soft suspension, but quite comfortable as it is quite a heavy car and the small pot holes aren't an issue.

@sanagg: Actually due to the heavy rains, the roads have become horrible this year. On a trip to Pune, I was surprised at the state of the roads there, and on the E.E. Highway.

Last edited by lamborghini : 2nd August 2010 at 01:24.
Old 2nd August 2010, 07:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

My Fiesta has until now handled the potholed roads in Thane quite nicely(touchwood). No squeaks heard till now, hope to be the same till the end on monsoon. The Suspensions are holding quite effectively.

The stretches at Kapurbawdi/Majiwada, Manapada, Patlipada, Pokhran Rd 2 etc are an offroader's delight and a sedan/hatchback's nightmare. Just scares the living daylights for driving. Wish I had an SUV, would take the potholes in stride without thinking about the suspensions.

I think the manufacturers should provide some kind of automation where the GC would increase by atleast 30-40% more than the usual during the monsoons esp.
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:47   #39
BHPian

LOL, we are one of the few countries that offer off-road experience whilst on road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks