Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:45   #16
BHPian

Hi,
I did brought a used Zen some three years ago and still using it. I purchase it from a True value outlet, I paid 2 Lakh for a 2003 Mfpi zen. I won't say that the car was in mint condition, but a good in over all condition, Its with me now for three years and yes I was very particular about service and always serviced it after every 5000 km, till date it has never gave me any trouble at all. When I bought it , it had 35 k on it odo, and after 3 years its has done 78 k , still there is no rattle, no vibration, still smooth as ever., Its LXI model with power stearing and power window, back wiper.

Problem faced so far-
AC compressor in making more noise.
battery changed recently,
tyres changed at 71 k.
clutch changed at 40 k
brakes changed at 44 k

still will keep it for one more year.

The only reason the zen is not in demand because there are mre model to choose from.

uday
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
My dad was offered Rs 50k for his '99 carb zen (mint condition and never driven above 70kph!).
hey Roy, If you still have the car, and if you are still intrested in selling it, drop a PM. One of my friend is looking for a pre-owned Zen.

Last edited by theexperthand : 23rd December 2009 at 09:53.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hi,
I did brought a used Zen some three years ago and still using it. I purchase it from a True value outlet, I paid 2 Lakh for a 2003 Mfpi zen. I won't say that the car was in mint condition, but a good in over all condition.
That means sometime in 2006 you got a 2003 MPFi for 2L that too from True Value. Seems to good to be true or you are an expert bargainer.
Knowing True value for so many years they would have quoted nothing less than 2.8L for that. Excellent deal. Cheers.

Quote:
The only reason the zen is not in demand because there are more models to choose from.
Hain!! There are loads of people asking me for mine. Will I sell it. At this point of time no. I would sell my cars only if I have a parking problem. Else no.
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:07   #19
BHPian

btw ....i had been looking for a zen here in jaipur but m nt able to find any decent vehicle ....the one's i find have gone over-age...
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
My dad was offered Rs 50k for his '99 carb zen (mint condition and never driven above 70kph!). Perhaps I should try selling it in Kerala.
I was wondering if I should retain it and mod it, but I already own a swift vxi that I plan to soup up. So is it worth keeping the old zen?

See the demand of a 99 model ZEN here itself. Roy just mentioned about his zen and his desire to sell it. See the enquirers he is getting. (Yes i agree the price he quoted is pretty less, anyone will jump to this deal). So the point here is the demand for old ZEN.

What you guys think about the old ZEN D. It is worth buying a ZEN D which has covered 1.2L KM for 1.3L?

Last edited by xenxer : 23rd December 2009 at 15:06.
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hey Roy, do you still have that Zen of yours......
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
hey Roy, If you still have the car, and if you are still intrested in selling it........
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
....Roy just mentioned about his zen and his desire to sell it. See the enquirers he is getting......
OK. I should probably have mentioned that the zen is an OR regn and is in Bhubaneswar right now. (Carefully removes foot from mouth and grins sheepishly)
But the more I think about it, the less inclined I am to let my old man sell it. Perhaps old zens are not sought after in Orissa because of a lack of good tuners. I do not know of a single mechanic in Bhubaneswar who can do a good mod job. Availability of performance parts would be a problem too. If I were to mod it, I would definitely have to get it down here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks