Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 00:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

DryIce

I'm curious to know how your experiance in dealing with the police and Insurance guys has been. Any updates?. I do hope you get your car back. Good luck!.
Old 31st October 2008, 09:06   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Yes, I meant the immobiliser.

All the after market immobilisers can be removed! so why not this one, couldn't be very different!
Isnt the immobiliser unit integrated with the ECM? Which would require the replacement of the ECM as well for uninstalling it.
Old 31st October 2008, 09:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Isnt the immobiliser unit integrated with the ECM? Which would require the replacement of the ECM as well for uninstalling it.
Factory fitted Immobilizers are integrated with the ECU/ ECM, even the arming/ disarming record is kept in the ECU, i.e. if you take the battery out, it will still remember the last active position.
Old 31st October 2008, 18:56   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks fellows for your support. After reading all the posts, one thing that I can be sure about is that this thread WILL prove to be beneficial to new Scorpio owners regarding what to fit and how to secure the car.

A few interesting things I came upon while browsing the thread, Sudev mentioned something about a Tracking system, I would be really thankful if you could provide the details about price, dealers and the features.

I came upon something similar while searching on the net. Try googling "amasaki" and visit the intial links. Dealer is located in JanakPuri District center. Though I am yet to inquire from them directly but some more research revealed the setup costs about 12-14k.

As for the progress, the cops really are on their toes for this one. The reasons and details I will put up as soon as the car is recovered or a "non-traceable" certificate is issued.
Old 31st October 2008, 19:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
yes, even i fell its integrated with the ECM and hence not so easy to tamper with...
Old 1st November 2008, 09:46   #66
BHPian

Normally ISU (Integrated Switching Unit) is the one doing the job. But will get assistance from ECU to execute the commands like Opening (Open Circuit) the injector etc. So vehicle wont start. Even if someone Smart enough to tamper with ISU, ECU can find out a possible intrusion.

I don't think thieves in India are that smart. What they normally do is:
Don't touch any parts having a Alarm sensor. For example, they will remove the quarter glass and then lower down one glass through that. Get inside the vehicle through the window glass and close it from inside for preventing people outside seeing him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks