Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 22:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this one last night... It had come for some a stickering job!!! He wanted to install a music sys as well, dunno if he had as i had to leave. But would have been a foolish thing to do in an electric car i guess. And is this car an Automatic? Don't remember seeing a gear liver

BTW, the spare tyre is under the hood!

Old 31st August 2006, 22:50   #32
BHPian

Any idea how much a Reva costs on road in Chennai?
Old 31st August 2006, 23:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

I did post a pic of whats under the hood. Note the tyre, on the right side of the tyre almost in the middle is a small hydraulic lift

875kgs is a lot Read somewhere that the Lancer only weighs around 980kgs or so..

Last edited by karthik247 : 31st August 2006 at 23:08.
Old 31st August 2006, 23:13   #34
BHPian

what you guys are forgetting is that the dry weight of the reva i also the gross weight...
no fluids...unlike in conventional cars...
Old 31st August 2006, 23:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
now dont tell me it gets concentrated on the battery or the power source
btw the kerb weight is around 750Kg and Yessss... The majority of the weight is contributed by the 48V, 200Amp battery bank which consists of 8 batteries. Lead-Acid batteries weigh a hell lot!!!
Old 31st August 2006, 23:26   #36
BHPian

hey GUESS WHAT!!!!
the highest speed is not 120 kmph!!! impossible...
i just checked from the REVA website its maximum 65 kmph....and
the unladen weight is roughly about 775 kgs....
Old 1st September 2006, 00:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

The Reva NXG is fitted with different batteries (I forget the name) as compared to the lead-acid Reva and that is what gives it the top-speed of 120. Once they upgrade the Reva to Lithium Ion batteries, the top-speed as well as the distance per single charge will increase dramatically.
Old 1st September 2006, 12:50   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Even if the Reva with those magic batteries will touch 120 kmph, how safe will it be? It has a stupendously light body, a very basic suspension and tyres that are specially built to minimise rolling resistance.

120 kmph Reva = Suicide machine.
Old 1st September 2006, 13:00   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
The Reva NXG is fitted with different batteries (I forget the name) .
The batteries are called Lead Acid Tubular Type with Single point watering system.
There are eight 6V batteries connected in series for 48VDC system. They last for 3-4 years and cost Rs 54000 to replace: source ACI September issue page 91
Old 1st September 2006, 16:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

The Reva NXG battery is not Lead-Acid as per open source information. It is apparently Sodium-Nickel Chloride battery.

Quote:
The car is powered by a high performance 37 kW AC induction motor that drives the front wheels, and uses Sodium Nickel Chloride batteries in lieu of conventional lead acid batteries for extended life.
Press Release
Union Minister Kapil Sibal unveils REVA's new Electric Vehicle in Monaco

Quote:
Even if the Reva with those magic batteries will touch 120 kmph, how safe will it be? It has a stupendously light body, a very basic suspension and tyres that are specially built to minimise rolling resistance.

120 kmph Reva = Suicide machine.
Its not meant to be a highway car. It is just a city vehicle. It has almost nil frontal impact protection for highway purposes.

BTW Batteries are a good way ahead, I was reading up on certain papers by Nikola Tesla on creation of free energy using an Electromagnetic Scalar Vaccum through Schumann's cavity resonance. I suppose a few physics gurus on this forum might expound on that concept further. And also went through a few sites that also mention how research into such important papers is discouraged/prevented by the modern-day oligarchs and govts who want to enslave mankind through an artificial energy crises of their own creation.
Old 1st September 2006, 16:15   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its not meant to be a highway car. It is just a city vehicle. It has almost nil frontal impact protection for highway purposes.
It does not make a difference whether the 100 kmph impact has taken place in the city or the highway. The key point was safety at that speed....both active and passive, neither of which the Reva is capable of.

Its better the Reva sticks to its 60 kph top speed only.
Old 11th December 2006, 17:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Can some one clear me out ?

1. Whats the price of the battery in
          • Reva (Lead Acis)
          • NXG Reva (Sodium Chloride)
2. Approximate Battery life considering daily use
(Have heard that th life depends on the way you charge the batteries , Considering Daily usage one cannot actuallu wait for the whole battery to get discgarged before recharging )

3. Compared to other Electrical vehicles available else where in this world(of similar quality ) are they charging too high for it ? or in other words how does NXG stake up when pitted next to similar car available in Europe ?
Old 11th December 2006, 19:02   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedi View Post
‘REVA-NXG’ : Technical Specifications

Top speed 120 km/h
Range 200 km per charge
Max torque 220 Nm
Seating capacity 2
Curb weight 825 kgs
There is something seriously wrong here.... 220 NM tourque ..Is it not too much ? Curb weight 825KG..well this is more than an alto.
How come a vehicle with simple electric motor .. NO intake - exaust and system only 2 seater, weigh 825 KG ??? Can somebody explain.
Old 11th December 2006, 21:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
There is something seriously wrong here.... 220 NM tourque ..Is it not too much ? Curb weight 825KG..well this is more than an alto.
How come a vehicle with simple electric motor .. NO intake - exaust and system only 2 seater, weigh 825 KG ??? Can somebody explain.

Battery weigh to quite a subtantial & of the bodyweight as far as I know .
Old 11th December 2006, 22:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

As far as i know they were planning the fuel cell version. of course the nxg will perhaps give 200kmpc but i heard from reva unofficially that it can be priced around 5-6 lacs in which case it ll just be in a useless bracket as far as money terms are concerned. what a sheer waste of pricing it would be at that kind of range. i wonder how many more years must indian consumers bear this price assault under the umbrella of 'new models' and 'freight and input costs hike'. Damn these automotive companies who dont understand how to get customer confidence.

Srik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks