Team-BHP - A change in Swift Dzire A-pillar design will make it beautiful
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   A change in Swift Dzire A-pillar design will make it beautiful (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/48831-change-swift-dzire-pillar-design-will-make-beautiful.html)

Maruti Swift Dzire is a huge hit as far as sales numbers and performance is considered. It sells more than 4000 per month.

But whatever be the sales numbers and performance of Swift Dzire prove, the car is out-of proportion when we compare front and back side profiles. The Swift hatch is a near-perfect design, but Dzire is not. From direct front view, it is OK, as Swift hatch. From direct back view also, it is OK - looks like a fresh design in Indian roads. But from the side views - from any angle, the design is out-of-proportion. Even it has an Ambassador-like look from some angles.

A small change can make it a very good looking car. It can be easily made proportionate by changing its sharp-bending A-pillar-to-roof join area to a curvaceous design, just like that of Esteem A-pillar. It may involve cost of re-designing, but will be worth it. What do you think?

I only wish I can wear the leather jacket, goggles and look like Arnold in Terminator 2 :D - Friend, no amount of make up will fix the disproportionate look. Even a plastic surgery can make things only slightly better.

Even though sales indicate it is a hit, few would call it a beauty. Even the first gen NHC sold in India (pre ZX) [I no way will call ZX a beauty either]

I am reminded of a dialog between Sir Winston Churchill and a woman who wanted to insult him

Woman: Mr. Churchill you are so drunk!
Churchill: Madam, but you are ugly. Btw, I'll be sober in the morning. :uncontrol

buy the LDi . the DZire looks better without the black pillars :)

First thing maruti needs to offer in the swift dzire is a more extended legroom or leg space for the back seat passengers.

The rear legroom is the same as in swift which is too less.

BTW a change in A pillar might help the car to improve the looks also

Quote:

Originally Posted by backrub (Post 1049161)

BTW a change in A pillar might help the car to improve the looks also

A pillar has to go be more horizontal. The Hood needs to be more longish in shape. The C-PILLAR the main BAd looker for the car needs a complete revamp.

In short - Pearl Habour if changed could look like Hiroshima/Nagasaki. I really wonder which design school did maruti send their boys too. Dongri Designs or what..???:Frustrati

Yes, the A pillar change will certainly make Swift Dzire look more beautiful. The A pillar more curved and the roof arched (like amby) will matched the well designed boot. May be Suzuki is thinking of it in the next gen of Swift/Dzire which is sheduled in 2010.

Yes, the " redesign " will help.
But it is very complex procedure. A-pillar is one of the main structural members and any change has to be studied for strength and then implemented. Its just not a redesign, but rather a rework required and it means modification at manufacturing level at more basic points.
If the job was undertaken now, then it would be properly implemented after atleast more than two months considering the planning to implementation phase.
Lets say it comes out in March 09. And by March ( mostly the new Swift is expected in auto expo, atleast my expectation are like that ) 01, I believe new Swift will be ready to replace the present swift. So right now the exercise is pointless.
And Swift was mainly designed as hatch so it will look improportionate, but to me that the car's character.

One thing is for sure, it really/badly needs a redesign at least for the rear end! Yea like you said probably the A Pillar redesign may help it. But to say the truth I have not seen a car with such disgusting rear end!!

The car looks awesome in its hatch version, but the sedan is too much eye sore!

No offense to any Dzire owners just my opinion!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaykiran79 (Post 1049232)
Yes, the A pillar change will certainly make Swift Dzire look more beautiful. The A pillar more curved and the roof arched (like amby) will matched the well designed boot. May be Suzuki is thinking of it in the next gen of Swift/Dzire which is sheduled in 2010.

Next generation of Dzire already? dont forget that dzire is launched in 2008 in INdian Market. and its not even launched yet in some other markets where it is supposed to. and a next gen swift might be a possibility as u say but a dzire.. espeically for Indian market would not be seen before 2012 i think. Since Maruti has made this vehicle here, the Dzire i mean, they will milk this cow too the fullest before making the new replacement for this.

in 2010 what we might see what will be a minor tweaking in the design from front and back but no major changes. Dont forget, this is India, and the car is made by Maruti here, just see how many next-gen esteems we had for our market.

I would myself love to see some design tweaks on the Swift and Dzire soon with some new style LED tail lamps and Swift Sport in India too.. lets keep hoping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_know (Post 1049507)
One thing is for sure, it really/badly needs a redesign at least for the rear end! Yea like you said probably the A Pillar redesign may help it. But to say the truth I have not seen a car with such disgusting rear end!!

The car looks awesome in its hatch version, but the sedan is too much eye sore!

No offense to any Dzire owners just my opinion!

For me, the DZire rear end and front end are not that bad, if taken separately. Just look only at one end of a DZire (by blocking the other end by some means) - you'll see they are not that bad. It seems the two ends came from two different cars, and they disagree to merge!

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 1049838)
the two ends came from two different cars, and they disagree to merge!

that's exactly the problem, they just don't seem to fit together. Another thing is that the rear end is too high (looks too fat) for my taste.

Guys, i had done a slight chop job on the Dzire sometime back. Check this post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/957255-post963.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1050016)
Guys, i had done a slight chop job on the Dzire sometime back. Check this post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/957255-post963.html

That's a much better design than what Maruti people has done! Making the A-pillar some more horizontal will do a lot in favour of aesthetics.

i always wonder how good is the IRVM usage...
IMO i found it difficult in the swift and in the Dzire to have a good view

If we don't see the A-pillar as in this picture, the car looks cute and proportionate. Hey Maruti, are you listening?