ANHC - All New Honda City 108 41.22%
Chevy Aveo 5 1.91%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have voted for ANHC(after the TD so spare me) however it was based on overall package, i still feel Verna is more powerful and more fun to drive however ANHC has got much better looks as well.
FE in ANHC will be less than NHC no matter what Honda claims.
Regarding FE i think it could be around 1km/ l lesser than NHC . But most members are yet to do a full tank testing for FE. Maybe in a week or two clearer figures would come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
as the ad line goes Verna - FEEL IT!!
Common Sameel, You have already mentioned about your Verna a post before this. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time im reading about your L&T road ripping experience. No doubt its a great car , But No airbags!!! Not very stable at high speeds IMO.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

until the Fiat Linea launches, my vote goes to the ANHC! I would have considered the Fiesta 1.6S if i was looking for performance but then the ANHC is a good overall package.The Fiesta lacks interior space and quality.Even the looks of the City are better than the Fiesta.I think Linea will turn tables around when it launches!
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Common Sameel, You have already mentioned about your Verna a post before this. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time im reading about your L&T road ripping experience. No doubt its a great car , But No airbags!!! Not very stable at high speeds IMO.
Will disagree a bit on this - Have driven a friends Verna at 170kmh and it was quiet stable, infact i felt NHC at 130 wasnt too stable(not comparing with ANHC as yet to drive it above 110)

@theragingbull - Yup, With the specualtion of the package and the pricing Linea will be offering i feel it wil hit the sales of ANHC badly after launch.

Last edited by harry10 : 2nd December 2008 at 16:45.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
just curious, what does singh is king have to do with this ?
A great poet once said "Duniya ke ban gaye Singh badshah, per sabse ucha woh Sacha Badshah"

Meaning no matter which C-Segment car is winner, in the end the greatest of them all is Almighty....

Last edited by aseem : 2nd December 2008 at 16:57.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:47   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tough, real tough choice for me between the ANHC & the Fiesta 1.6S. In the end, I'd go for the ANHC simply because of my experience with the OHC Vtec. We can safely presume that the ANHC retains typically Honda qualities like a great (love-to-high-revv) engine, unmatched reliability & durability and super after-market support for mods. I like the way she drives. Plus, the ANHC looks fantastic and has far more spacious interiors (especially at the rear) than the Fiesta.
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:42   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In the end, I'd go for the ANHC simply because of my experience with the OHC Vtec. We can safely presume that the ANHC retains typically Honda qualities like a great (love-to-high-revv) engine, unmatched reliability & durability and super after-market support for mods. I like the way she drives.
I don't think the ANHC can be equated to the OHC. The ANHC retains most of the body characteristics of the NHC and the NHC was nowhere good at handling as the OHC. The lower profile of the OHC made her handle like a dream with hardly any body roll compared to NHC. And yes, the OHC was rev happy but the NHC definitely wasn't, although i can't say anything about the ANHC till i TD her.
I still think the OHC is the best car in its class till date.
Old 3rd December 2008, 02:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun
3. Expecting a similar fuel efficiency that of NHC
That would remain just that - an expectation.
Let's be realistic here - if a built-for-FE 76bhp iDSI engine gave 13-14kmpl in metros, it would be only logical for a much more powerful ANHC to return atleast 2-3 kms lesser than that.
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:48   #53
BHPian

City seems to be a good car. But still I have not seen any on road at Chennai.
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:55   #54
BHPian

saw 4 ANHC today while i was traveling extensively, nearly 60-70 km around delhi.

Saw in 2 in dark red and 2 in white color, the back appears of be chopped up abruptly ! but seeing the car coming, it appears to be bigger than the NHC and by far the most modern grilles make the front more appealing.
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:43   #55
BHPian

I would go for the Honda City VTEC the one in the good old shape. And it is a pity Maruti replaced the Baleno with the SX4, I personally think if they were to continue Baleno's production there will be takers for the Baleno because of the sheer sense that car makes in its simplicity. The ANHC looks good. It looked to me like they have copied the tail lamp design from the BMW 3 series. And for the all new honda accord, you really have to pop out your eyes to make out whether it is a BMW 5 series or a Honda Accord. I think the Accord, the new one that is, it an even more angrier version of the BMW 5 series. I mean why is Honda doing this??? Why do they want to just sit their a** out and copy paste things.
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
That would remain just that - an expectation.
Let's be realistic here - if a built-for-FE 76bhp iDSI engine gave 13-14kmpl in metros, it would be only logical for a much more powerful ANHC to return atleast 2-3 kms lesser than that.
With similar cubic capacity but vvt-i to extract more power, it would not be prudent to make a statement about the FE now. One can only look at the real life performance to make a judgement. It all depends on the efficiency of the engine and not mere power figures alone.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:16   #57
BANNED

i'll go for ANHC. it has got all new styling exterior and really comfort to drive in city.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

I see most of the voters here for ANHC are based on a mere speculation especially from FE figures & peak power generated!

I agree its a reliable/trusted brand, but is it not fair to really know the car and then go in for the vote!?
Old 3rd December 2008, 17:35   #59
BANNED

Though many people here favour Fiesta, why it's not reflected in its sales? Nobody wants to face the high maintenance cost of Ford?
Old 3rd December 2008, 18:18   #60
BHPian

High cost of maintenance????

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Though many people here favour Fiesta, why it's not reflected in its sales? Nobody wants to face the high maintenance cost of Ford?
The reason why its not reflected in sales (and its not doing poorly) is because its a drivers car. People like prefer cars which "ride" well over cars which "handle" well because of the comfort factor involved. That’s not to say that the Fiesta rides bad.
As for the cost of maintenance being high, well thats not the case I can assure you, I own a Fiesta and the costs have been fairly manageable as yet, even after completing 47K Kms in about 3 years (bought mine in the first lot).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks