Team-BHP - 4 % reduction in car prices
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   4 % reduction in car prices (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50202-4-reduction-car-prices.html)

Just read this on CNBC on tv that the central government has reduced the CENVAT (excise) on all things (including cars) , besides petroleum products by 4%.clap:

Maruti has already said they will pass on the benefit to the consumers. While M&M has said on their higher models , they will pass on 4% plus some more benefits.

I do hope that all car companies follow suit & car prices get reduced & Discounts (existing ones , like 55k off the Toyota Innova , till morning) are still given.:D

Mods : Please merge if a smilar thread exists as I wasn't able to find any.

Thats good move which is expected couple of months back itself. Now every car makers would come with BIG Ads with more benefits including this 4% reduction.

Its good benefit to customers :) I expect March-April might be best time to buy cars, however present offers are equally good too.

Regards,

Ravi.

Now even Honda Motors India says that they will pass on the reduction in CENVAT's benefit to consumers.

This will cause a price reduction for all the vehicles including commercial vehicles & motorcycles.

But if this is enough to boost the fledgling sales of indian automotive sector, remains to be seen.

I think the auto companies will now reduce the discounts (or remove them altogether on some models), that were being offered till now due to the year end & drop in sales.

Thank you sir for this grat news , just enquired about this from my salesman for swift vdi and he said that it is only in news and will be in effect in a day or two. :)

he also adds that final price is what applicable on the time of delievery.but just imagine , i am getting my swift for 23k less. it means ABS is free . :uncontrol

OT : i think this topic should be in Indian Car Scene section !!!

Maruti cuts prices, others likely to follow

Today Govt announced a fin. package including tax cuts to boost economy with a 4 % cut in Value Added Tax to help the corporate sector in general.

Will this VAT cut will reduce the car prices ? What do you think?

Mods: Please move this to app. thread if I wrongly uploaded

Maruti has already announced price cut effective from midnight. Others may follow

is it VAT or EXCISE DUTY ? as VAT is applicable only within stat. or othervise it is CST if we buying anything out of our state. correct me if i am wrong.

Congrats on your century !!

Yes , Maruti announced a 4% price cut eff. midnight as a response to FM's stimulus package..I think other car makers will follow the same

Monty,
They reduced CENVAT by 4 %.
see the link with the details of Auto majors who announce price cuts
Car prices to go down; automakers see demand on fast lane- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

As per this for an Alto minimum price cut will be Rs. 8000/-

I think CENVAT and Excise duty are same. Am I right?
Sorry I missed to include this in my previous reply

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

It seems that car prices could go down by 4% as part of the package the Government unveiled to boost the fledging economy on 7/Dec/2008 includes a reduction of CENVAT by 4%. clap:Add to this a reduction in interest rates on car loans will also help the auto manufacturers. :)

I believe the small rate cut is not going to Boost the Sales of the Car. GOVT is only giving focus to the corporate. But sentiment of the Common man will still not going to change until they pass some real benefit to Customer. Like
1. Reducing Car PRICE (Low margin On Profit)
2. Give Some Tax benefit to Common Man (Potential Buyer)

This definitely is good news for the mainstream Indian car buyer. I truly hope this provides a necessary stimulus for the currently-gloomy Indian car market. Now, if only states followed suit and reduced local taxes.

so should i wait for new prices for maruti i am going to pay the check for swift please advise asap. cheers. that means the price of swift should come down by around 20k ??? woohoo

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 1083070)
so should i wait for new prices for maruti i am going to pay the check for swift please advise asap. cheers. that means the price of swift should come down by around 20k ??? woohoo

20k+ More..is what you can put for a good set of Alloys and tires.

Will I get benefit of this price reduction? I have made down payment for the Chevrolet Spark and made down payment. The car loan is supposed to get processed by today. Not yet taken delivery. Please advise.