Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 10:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
7 Lac Starting ? May the GOD Helps u HONDA
That was what everyone thought of All New Honda City when they launched without Alloys, fog lamps, auto climate control, and music CD player at the price tag highest among all C+ segment cars. But it sells almost three times the volume of Maruti SX4.
Old 5th May 2009, 13:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
That was what everyone thought of All New Honda City when they launched without Alloys, fog lamps, auto climate control, and music CD player at the price tag highest among all C+ segment cars. But it sells almost three times the volume of Maruti SX4.
Add Pathetic maruti like interior to it my friend.

Any way, if people will go mad about overpriced i20, they will definitely buy a Jazz which is similarly priced for i20+Nano
Old 5th May 2009, 14:14   #33
BHPian

Honda has taken Indian customer for granted. They believe Honda can sell anything at any price in India. If this was not the case, then we would have seen City with alloys, fogs, side body protector and ACC.
Compared to March 2009, City sales have dropped to 1/3 in April and as per me Honda deserves this sales figure.
Old 5th May 2009, 16:45   #34
BHPian

Why am I feeling happy when City sells in low numbers?

May be because, I feel it doesnt deserve to sell for taking Indian customers for granted - No ACC, No Alloys, No CD Player, No Fog Lamps for a car that costs almost 10L OTR Bangalore for the manual. (Auto is 10.82L!) - And as someone pointed out - drab interiors.

I'll only be glad if Linea MJD (for the matter even Ford Fiesta S) eats up into the sales of ANHC.

Even as I say that, I see tons of ANHC in Bangalore. I hope the recent price rise deters more people from buying ANHC!

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 5th May 2009 at 16:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks