Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:01   #31
BHPian

Does anyone know what the rates for a month pass are for 4 wheelers? The rates have gone up now, its is rs 19 one way and rs 35 up and down if you purchase ticket everytime.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:16   #32
BHPian

@pras.oct5
The rates are updated in itel website :: ITEL ::
The monthly pass for 4 wheeler is Rs 1450
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
@pras.oct5
The rates are updated in itel website :: ITEL ::
The monthly pass for 4 wheeler is Rs 1450
@grules - thanks for the link. But considering that I wont be doing multiple entries in a day, and also wont be travelling all 30 days to office, the monthly pass doesnt make sense right.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@grules - thanks for the link. But considering that I wont be doing multiple entries in a day, and also wont be travelling all 30 days to office, the monthly pass doesnt make sense right.
Yes it does make sense to get daily return as it works out cheaper if you don't use the road over weekends. downside is you have to carry small change daily.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:18   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
If you ask me, even the Rs 19 or Rs 35 doesn't make sense. For the so called 6 lane road where one lane on each side is always dug up and another lane filled with pedestrians and parked vehicles, it isn't worth even a penny. Adding salt to the injury is collecting the same rate for cars which exit through the satellite gates which won't even account for 1 KM road usage. For now, i'm trying to avoid travelling in OMR road by car.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

I dont mind paying the toll (and have been paying ever since the OMR became a toll-road), but I hate the fact that these guys are collecting toll for an incomplete road. As grules mentioned, the service lanes are not done yet, resulting in one of the driving lanes being full of pedestrians, buses etc.

Other options :
1) Enter via 1 gate and exit via another. I come to work via Perungudi, buy a 19 ticket
and for my return home, go via the satellite toll-exit.
2) There are some side-roads to avoid toll and used by some of my colleagues, but the roads are either kucha or long-winding and thru congested residential areas.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:46   #37
BHPian

Similar story at Attibele Elevated tollway

Last week I also had a similar experience- I reached Attibele Elevated Tollway collection booth from under the overbridge (Came from Sarjapur road) and still had to pay the 20 Rs. On the way back, I stopped at the booth and questioned the person as to why I have to pay toll for an elevated way I never use- I pass through under it hardly 100 metres into the road, and still have to pay. He did not agree to let me through. So much for mera Bharath- any kind of fleecing goes here!!! Is there any way to get this to the notice of higher ups or through RTI?
Old 8th July 2014, 11:38   #38
BHPian

Re: Toll System Practice

I believe all the Toll Plaza are under BOT - Build Operate & Transfer model, where in the toll charges would come down on a periodic basis. Where as the OMR toll is being hiked every 2 years.

Historical Prices for a single ride :
  • 19 (corrected to 20-due to non-availability of change)
Operating from 2008/2009, with the number of vehicles paying the toll, is the road still in debt? I am sure the debt would have been paid within 2 years of operation. Is the maintenance of this road rising heavily?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks