Team-BHP - Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52689-registration-expiry-re-registration-renewal-process-4.html)

I have one confusion. My bike's registration was done in Yeshwantpur RTO when bought. Long back I moved out of my earlier address and now I am in different RTO zone but in same city. Which RTO should I apply for re-registration? Yeshwantpur or new one (marathahalli) ? Please let me know.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay_J (Post 4227848)
My bike's registration was done in Yeshwantpur RTO when bought. Long back I moved out of my earlier address and now I am in different RTO zone but in same city. Which RTO should I apply for re-registration? Yeshwantpur or new one (marathahalli) ?

Approach the new RTO (Marathahalli) with new address proof, re-registration can be done along with address change.

Need your suggestions in this case, please.

1. There is a car that is about 16 years old. It has run about 110K Kms.
2. The vehicle was bought from a close friend about 14 years ago - no hypothecation.
3. Name transfer on the RC was not done since the agent who said he would do it went missing with the RC and related transfer documents for a long time (6/7 years!).
4. When he re-surfaced, the RC was retrieved from him.
5. In the meanwhile, the person who sold the vehicle had passed away.
6. Since the transfer documents weren't available, the name transfer wasn't pursued.
7. Now, the vehicle's RC has expired.
8. Insurance could not renewed.
9. FC has not been done after the expiry of 15 years due to #8 and #9 apart from the fact that the person whose name the vehicle is registered is not alive.
10. The car is in fairly good running condition. Needs work on the brakes only.

Given the above, I can see a few options

A. Scrap the vehicle (Need to know the process to get this done)
B. Sell the vehicle in an "as-is" condition for spares (However, how does one ensure that the vehicle is not used for anti social activities and tracked back to the friend's family?)
C. Regularize the documentation and get the car to be legally road worthy (What is the process in getting this done)

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissknife (Post 4281528)
A. Scrap the vehicle (Need to know the process to get this done)
B. Sell the vehicle in an "as-is" condition for spares (However, how does one ensure that the vehicle is not used for anti social activities and tracked back to the friend's family?)
C. Regularize the documentation and get the car to be legally road worthy (What is the process in getting this done)

A. AFAIK only registered owner can scrap the vehicle. In this case this option is not feasible (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

B. Highly risky. Safe bet is get it dismantled in your presence

C. Legal heirs of the registered owner should be able to process the new set of transfer documents. BUT I doubt they will be helping on this regard

Posting on behalf of a friend.

2003 Zen Carbon invoice copy required for ownership transfer (inter-state) and fitness renewal.

TIA

Karnataka RTO has a detailed FAQ on these procedures:

http://transport.karnataka.gov.in/index.php/faq/show

This thread couldn't have been timed better! My RX100 1994 model, I got it restored and have to get the paperwork done. I bought it from a friend 4 years back and due to lack of time sat on it.

Restoration lasted almost 3 months and now it is better than new. The very thought of going to RTO gives me the shivers and want to just get over with it. Will be connecting with an "agent" this week...

This is how it looks now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 4539730)
My RX100 1994 model, I got it restored and have to get the paperwork done. Restoration lasted almost 3 months and now it is better than new.

Wow! Congrats! It indeed looks better than new.

I had done this in 2010 as part of Mid Life Crisis :-) I know the time and money you spent on this. Appreciate the tenacity.

I spent almost 6k only on paper work. My agent washed his hands off after a while and I was visiting the Joint RTO almost every week. Later I met him at a wedding and he recognized me and talked to me. After almost six months, I got a brand new registration. This was in Kerala, I guess it will be easier in Karnataka. Which RTO are you going to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romins (Post 4542526)
Which RTO are you going to?

Yes absolutely, mid-life crises and living my dream of owning an RX since college days.

I will be going to Jayanagar RTO and hope all goes well. Yet to contact the agent and see how to take it forward from there. I also thought of doing it myself, for this I have to take a week's leave and run around :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 4542645)
I will be going to Jayanagar RTO and hope all goes well.

If you know an efficient agent, that is easier and less stressful route. Good luck!

I recently bought a 2004 model Unicorn from a friend and will be going through transfer of ownership and fitness certificate process in the next few months.

Please share your experience.

I heard some news online that the pune RTO is deciding to ban 2 strokes in totality post April 2019.
When I asked my mechanic, he too confirmed this news.
Any such news in karnataka, kerala?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jomson13 (Post 4543813)
I heard some news online that the pune RTO is deciding to ban 2 strokes in totality post April 2019.
When I asked my mechanic, he too confirmed this news.
Any such news in karnataka, kerala?

This is a ridiculous move. There are thousands of vehicles which are still in really good condition and how can they just take a call like that? There has to be some provision to get exemption on this. Else the concept of "vintage" vehicles will cease to exist!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 4543833)
This is a ridiculous move. There are thousands of vehicles which are still in really good condition and how can they just take a call like that? There has to be some provision to get exemption on this. Else the concept of "vintage" vehicles will cease to exist!

I completely agree with you.
Found this online. They are making the same point :)
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...to-know/32796/

My Hero Honda Splendor bikes registration expired 4 years back and because of my father's demise then, I was left with two cars and sort of ignored the bike. It has not been started for all these years as the accelerator cable broke.

Do I have to pay tax for all these unused years if going for a re-registration now after restoring it?

I'm slowly getting my mind set to let go of my Elantra petrol which will turn 14 this Nov '19. Every time I drive her, she still puts a smile on my face, has been ultra reliable never broke down and let me down in the middle of a trip. Even if I want to sell her off, my daughter vehemently refuses to let go, she says it's her car now. She uses it occasionally. The nut case in me wants to re register it.