Team-BHP - Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52689-registration-expiry-re-registration-renewal-process-6.html)

I was able to complete the RC renewal of my 2002 Bullet Thunderbird. Here's the real picture:

1. RC expired in 2017 which I didn't realise till recently as I hadn't been using the bike.
2. Total RTO charges including address change, green tax, smart card issue, fine for delay, etc. was only Rs. 1450 or so.
3. Rs. 300 penalty for delay was charged only once, not every month.
4. Fitness is also covered with RC renewal.
5. LTT is of course valid and no further charges there.
6. I had to go to the same RTO where the bike was originally registered as it was a book RC and they needed to retrieve the file.
7. Insurance policy had some errors in bike cc, better to ensure it matches the RC details perfectly. Emission test report is also required.
8. Actual paid to the agent was Rs. 5000.
9. I did not personally go but the bike had to be taken twice as even though it passed all tests the first time, it did not have a sari guard.
10. The time taken from second visit to getting the digital update on mParivahan was 12 days. I am yet to collect the smart card.
11. Validity of RC and fitness is till Sep 2025, i.e. 5 years from now and not from date of original expiry.
12. As per mParivahan app, RC validity of expired vehicles is extended till Dec 31 2020.

Was great to ride the bike again after so many years. Though there are a lot of Bullets on the road these days, don't see many in the same blue as mine!

I have a Karizma in Bangalore with a Delhi registration - it belongs to a friend and has not been transferred to my name. Original registration is from December 2005.

Bank hypothecation has also not been removed yet.

Early in the year, I got the papers from the bank to remove hypothecation and the plan was to rerigister it in my name in Bangalore. With the whole pandemic, I have not been able to go to Delhi to get anything done.

Now the question is - is ther anything that can be done now? I will be going to Delhi in a week but wont return until after the registration expries early December.

The bike has run 22,xxx kms an I do not want to scrap it. Any other options I have?

I own a 2004 registered Maruti Suzuki Esteem which is registered with the Hyderabad North / Secunderabad RTO (AP-10). The car has clocked more than 1.2 lakh kilometers and is in fine fettle. However the fitness certificate for the car has expired and hence requires renewal.

I am currently residing in Bangalore - hence a renewal requires me to travel with the car to Secunderabad.

I would be grateful if the good folks from Secunderabad / Hyderabad recommend a reliable RTO agent (for AP10 RTO) who can help me with the process and coordinate the renewal.

I recently completed the Renewal of Registration for my car - 2006 Corolla.

Since I completed this process from Mumbai, hope it can help anyone from here.

Let me try to put the whole process in a step-by-step guide.

1. go to https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml
2. Here enter your vehicle registration number and you would be redirected to a page for services that can be availed online.
3. Select the appropriate option (renewal of registration).
4. Pay the fees online.
5. Fill in the form online (Form 25)
6. Print both the fees and form receipts for submission at the RTO office.
7. Get the other valid documents ready (Original RC, PUC, Insurance)
8. self attested Zerox copy of PANcard & Aadhar of owner.

From here, you will need to visit the RTO office where you will be doing the re-registration process.
I had visited the Borivali office, so hereon it is with reference to this office.

1. Visit the center with the above documents and the vehicle. (preferable if the owner goes personally)
2. From enquiry counter you would be guided to wait for vehicle inspection by a RTO officer.
3. After the officer inspects the document, he will ask for the chassis number imprint on the form25. (Better to do this after the officer tells you to do so.)
4. The officer will put his initials on the form and after this you need to come back at the center and look for a counter to get your documents entry done in a register for the renewal. The clerk there will put up the number in the register on the form and also put a stamp, which specifies the new date of expiry of registration.
5. Now you will need to wait for the inspection officer to return and put his signature and stamp.
6. Then you need to go to cash counter, where the green tax needs to be paid and a receipt of the same to be taken. ( this print will have 2 copy)
7. After this, you need to go to counter no.20, where they will verify all the documents and ask you to visit counter no.8.
8. At this counter, they will check if there is any pending challan or traffic violation. (I had none so went straight back to counter 20).
9. After this, the officer at counter 20 will attach one copy of the green tax paid to the papers and return the second copy back to you.
10. Lastly, visit counter no.13 where you need to submit all these documents for the final time. You will be told to check online in couple of days for checking the status of your application.

Note: In the above process, my vehicle did not have any of these
1. No loans
2. No address change
3. Same RTO office.
Any changes in these 3 might affect the above renewal process.

For this whole renewal, the following charges are paid by me.
1. Postal fee - rs.50.
2. Renewal of registration - Rs.600
3. Smart card fee - Rs.200
4. Green tax - Rs.3000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajica (Post 4994504)
I recently completed the Renewal of Registration for my car - 2006 Corolla.

thanks. I need to do the same for my 2006 Corolla (in Bengaluru). My vehicle registration is till 1st week of August'21

1. How early do I start the process? Is it sufficient if I start the process mid-July ?

2. They would require the insurance for the next period (Aug'21 - Aug'22) I presume. If so, the insurance company may only do the renewal closure to the date. How do we manage this ?

3. I hope insurance company renews the insurance as registration would have expired for the future period. How does this work? Insurance first and then the registration extension ?

thanks,
Subbarp

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion in the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbarp (Post 4994518)
thanks. I need to do the same for my 2006 Corolla (in Bengaluru). My vehicle registration is till 1st week of August'21

1. How early do I start the process? Is it sufficient if I start the process mid-July ?

2. They would require the insurance for the next period (Aug'21 - Aug'22) I presume. If so, the insurance company may only do the renewal closure to the date. How do we manage this ?

3. I hope insurance company renews the insurance as registration would have expired for the future period. How does this work? Insurance first and then the registration extension ?

thanks,
Subbarp

I started the process around 1 month earlier.
So in my case, the insurance is still valid and the renewal got done. So effectively at time of insurance renewal, my registration renewal would be complete and again insurance would be just like regular renewal.

BTW, what is the insurance type that you are going in for your vehicle - Comprehensive or Third party?