Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 21:55   #16
BANNED

That is if you wait till 27th. Further prices will surely reduce but then its a matter of time. I would recomment a fully loaded wagon R Vxi with ABs and airbags in balck colour with super alloy wheels. But then it all depends on your budget..
Old 29th April 2005, 22:18   #17
Team-BHP Support

zen

go in for the Zen. it'll be easier for your father to adapt to, since its only slightly bigger than the 800.
the newer one comes with power steering for easier driveability.
i would have recommended the Wagon R but the ride quality of a Zen is slightly superior to it.
also, the tall-boy stance may make it difficult for older people to climb-in and out of.

ads
Old 29th April 2005, 22:20   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78
also, the tall-boy stance may make it difficult for older people to climb-in and out of.

ads
What you talking about i thought it was easier to get in and out in tall cars like the innova and wagon R
Old 29th April 2005, 23:40   #19
BHPian

hey,about buying an A/T,i think your dad will find it tough to suddenly change into Auto ,i have HEARD that people used to driving manuals when shifted to A/T when nervous press the brake thinking it to be the clutch,how ever i may be wrong on this cause have not met a single person with this prob as yet.So just be sure what you buy him
Old 29th April 2005, 23:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandan
hey,about buying an A/T,i think your dad will find it tough to suddenly change into Auto ,i have HEARD that people used to driving manuals when shifted to A/T when nervous press the brake thinking it to be the clutch,how ever i may be wrong on this cause have not met a single person with this prob as yet.So just be sure what you buy him
I did it once on my uncles Sonata thankfully I was on empty peice of road!
It was pretty silly as I had been warned about same just 5 min ago before getting into car
Old 29th April 2005, 23:58   #21
BANNED

Have done it too on a CVT and then had to immediately shift into Sports mode in order to avoid harsh words by the auto behind me which almost ran into the CVT..
Old 30th April 2005, 01:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTOYA
That is if you wait till 27th. Further prices will surely reduce but then its a matter of time. I would recomment a fully loaded wagon R Vxi with ABs and airbags in balck colour with super alloy wheels. But then it all depends on your budget..
C'mon dude, you think a 60 year old gentleman will like to be seen in a pimping black car with tints and alloys.
Old 30th April 2005, 12:24   #23
BANNED

Thats my personal opinion Mpower. I would do that. Now for him i have already suggested a AT.
Old 30th April 2005, 13:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTOYA
Thats my personal opinion Mpower. I would do that. Now for him i have already suggested a AT.
no offence but that suggestion goes down to i think form your and adya33 experiences riteż i mean if you young guys could make that mistake then how can you expect a 60 yr old man not toż
Old 30th April 2005, 13:36   #25
BANNED

Hey Vandan its just a matter of habit. I was not at all used to the full clutch system in the City. As i was used to half clutch of Esteem. So that was like a problem for some while but no after a time of practise it makes me do it perfectly.
Old 30th April 2005, 13:41   #26
BHPian

I suggest you go in for the Wagon R. Well admitted compared to the santro its more boxy, but we are talking practicality here.Space, Fe, are all better and since your dad is 60+ getting in and out will also be a boon for him.He will definitely appreciate the view once he sits in the drivers seat, its a commanding one when compared to the 800.
Old 1st May 2005, 11:00   #27
BANNED

#16,
My father is not an auto enthusiast, he would not know the difference between alloys and steel wheels. I am not sure about AT, he is very slow in adapting to change - like many other 60+ people. AC and PS should be a welcome change. There seem to be many cars/models with these features.
#17,
Why do you think getting in and out is tougher with a tall boy modelcar? Getting out should be much easier, it is like getting out of a chair, as opposed to getting up from the ground. Is'nt it?
-Prasadee
Old 1st May 2005, 11:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee
#17,
Why do you think getting in and out is tougher with a tall boy modelcar? Getting out should be much easier, it is like getting out of a chair, as opposed to getting up from the ground. Is'nt it?
-Prasadee
Getting in and out is much much easier with a tall boy car like wagonR. There are no doubts about it. I graduated from M800 to WagonR.. and beleive me, its so easy to get in and out of the driver's seat.. no effort required to bend your back with your knees going skywards.. its all comfy in there with the tall seating...
Old 1st May 2005, 12:28   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Get Him an Alto LXi.
Its got the same engine, is bigger then the 800, more comfortable then the 800 and zen and has a much better build then them too.
Its also more FE then the Zen and a bit down then the 800.
An other option would be to ask them to go with you to a place which passes the Maruti and Hyundai showroom, stop and ask them to drive the 4 cars on some false reason ( you want to see the changes they have made on the wagonR and see how the alto is) and surprise him on their anniversary with the one they like best.
Old 1st May 2005, 14:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i would have recommended the Wagon R but the ride quality of a Zen is slightly superior to it.
Advait, yes the new Zen has a better ride quality than its predecessor (considering 12 inch, high profile tyres), but compared to the Wagon-R it actually lags in this department. I can vouch for it since i own both of them, and the Wagon-R actually isolates its passengers better, from the bumps and ridges on the road.

Revv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks