Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 21:04   #3016
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

We (my Dad in India) booked the W6 in Silver on 1st Oct. We never got details from Mahindra to track the status of the vehicle online.

Got a call on Monday from Mahindra head office to say that our car has a longer expected delivery date and will take about 2months!!

Got a call today from Mahindra asking us to come to the showroom and pay the deposit (getting finance) our XUV "is on its way". Apparently Mahindra is sending the dealer 6 cars only in the first lot and ours is one of them.

A few points worth noting that came out of Dad's conversation with them:

* We will get the delivery in the next week.
* We have to buy the accessories pack worth Rs.48000. If we choose not to we have to wait for the next set of cars to be deivered, which they dont when that is going to happen.
* The dealer is getting 6 cars, all W6 Silver colour.
* We are the first ones to get the car and on the first day, 166 people had booked before us.
* There was a letter from the head office, that listed the details of the cars coming along with the name of the person the car is for.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:07   #3017
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakh

Booking closed at KONCEPT,NOIDA also. I guess this car is selling faster than the iphone
Old 11th October 2011, 21:08   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Read from Bunny's FB; he did 190kmph on XUV Wow ! Didnt expect that figure!
Old 11th October 2011, 21:12   #3019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcandle View Post
Apparently Mahindra is sending the dealer 6 cars only in the first lot and ours is one of them.
Congrats!

Quote:
A few points worth noting that came out of Dad's conversation with them:

* We have to buy the accessories pack worth Rs.48000. If we choose not to we have to wait for the next set of cars to be delivered, which they don't when that is going to happen.

* We are the first ones to get the car and on the first day, 166 people had booked before us.
Was the conversation with the dealer or head office guys? Why is some one forcing the customer to buy their accessories? Just curious, you are among one of the first 6 guys to book a silver XUV 500 that you are getting car in the first lot itself? Or some "premium" play ?

Guess the race is ON for the first ownership review of XUV 500 on the forum!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th October 2011 at 21:13.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:14   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please take insurance from an outside vendor or directly from the service providers - you will save quite some bucks.
SKS dont let you buy insurance outside. You have to buy from them. Read this last week when i went for a TD. Not sure if its the case for XUV alone or all their models.

Quote:

* We have to buy the accessories pack worth Rs.48000. If we choose not to we have to wait for the next set of cars to be deivered, which they dont when that is going to happen.
I couldn't control laughing. I bet this one came from the dealer.
These dealers never let go of a chance to make money.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:16   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy
Booking closed at KONCEPT,NOIDA also. I guess this car is selling faster than the iphone
That is hilarious dude. i almost fell of the chair
Old 11th October 2011, 21:22   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guys, chill please! You cannot blame the lost opportunity on this forum or the mods. If you are located on one of the 5 cities where this car was launched, then you always had the opportunity of booking one. If you missed, well... your mistake & bad luck. If you belong to a city where the car is yet to be launched, then we all are in the same boat and we have nothing but our fate to curse.

Lets understand & agree to certain points here.

1. This forum / mods never guarantee that they will be out with the reviews within any deadline, for any launch.

2. None of us - neither the members nor the visitors pay a single rupee for the mods to do these jobs. They do it out of passion & time taken out of their day-to-day commitments.

3. I don't think any of the mods here is solely appointed to work for this forum or doing reviews. I guess all of them have a mainstream job to earn their livelihood and they spent their leisure time for the benefit of this community.

4. Please put yourselves in their shoes & think how will you feel if some members post such messages - For sure, I will be irritated if I am one of the mods.

5. team-bhp reviews are NOT the ultimate decision making option for any one !! It is the customer themselves, and decision should ideally be taken after extensive TDs and convincing yourself about the vehicle you want to choose. t-bhp review is just an instrument to help / smoothen your decision making.

As a member, even I am desperately waiting for the review to come out. And there are lots of us who wish it's out soon. Since GTO has made it clear that they are done with testing, there could be something that's causing the delay to post it. Let's appreciate their work so far & continue to support them instead of flaming them.
I agree with you. I just want to add one thing. Buying a new car is at times one of the most important financial decisions a person takes in a lifetime. In this backdrop there are many who would not take that step without going through a Team BHP review. This is simply because of the level of credibility attached to such a review. So while I agree with most of the points stated by you, IMHO point No.5 mentioned by you above may not apply to all concerned. That is probably the reason for the hues of impatience shown by some members.

Last edited by Gautam Misra : 11th October 2011 at 21:29.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:27   #3023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have to buy the accessories pack worth Rs.48000. If we choose not to we have to wait for the next set of cars to be deivered, which they dont when that is going to happen.
That's a load of bull. If the car is invoiced in your name, it is unconditional - the dealer must be upto some shenanigans. Just shoot an email to M&M customer care with your booking details and escalate this to them. They will sort the dealer out properly, without affecting your delivery.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 11th October 2011, 21:30   #3024
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : The Official Mahindra XUV5OO review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread.

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2011 at 23:30.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks