Honda CRv 37 46.25%
Hyundai Tuscon 16 20.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2005, 10:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
and the Frontrunner is not launched yet.
Did you mean Fortuner? Or was it the 4runner?
Old 10th May 2005, 13:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
I am waiting for Tata to launch their CRDI Safari and Toyota to launch the Fortuner before deciding which one to go for. If the CRDI safari is cheaper than the Fortuner by a margin of 3.5 Lacs then its the Safari CRDI for me.
well, man(23ish), i too, am waiting for the safari crd-i and the toyota fortuner... and i doubt that there will be a 3.5 lac diff between the two...

on the other hand, if toyota plays it's cards right and brings in the 3.0 D-4D 163 bhp fortuner for, say, the 11-13 lacs that the market is deeming it for, then, no doubt, i shall go for the fortuner... the extra horses are definitely worth the (extra) moolah, and not to mention the toyota badge....

and no, it won't be as big as the endeavour. the fortuner is built on the innova platform, and is just about as big as the safari.. in fact, it is actually slightly smaller.....

and here's some info on the fortuner...NEW FORTUNER

and as for the poll, well, i'm sticking with my first choice, the endeavour.... it's just that the other 2 are urban soft roaders, and the endeavour would make mincemeat out of them under any propah SUV-ish off-roading scenario...like i said, suvs are meant to be capable off roaders too, besides other things...

but if this was a poll for the best soft-roader, then i would vote for the hyundai tucson. unless honda plans to plonk it's brilliant 2.2 i-ctd-i common-rail diesel under the cr-v's hood, i don't see any plus points for the suv, except it's styling. sure, it's got a 152 bhp petrol engine- but if you want a petrol soft-roader, why not go for the vitara, which costs about 2.5 lacs (ex-showroom) more than the honda??? the suzuki beats the honda in all respects; viz; performance,(0-100- 9.33[vitara] vs/ 9.83[cr-v]) top speed (183 kmph[ cr-v] vs/ 185 kmph [vitara]),* off-road capability, etc.

also, the vitara has a full-fledged rear-wheel drive tranny, with shift-on the fly four wheel drive incorporating a low range gear set, essential for serious off-roading.. this is in complete contrast to the honda's standard front-wheel drive, on-demand four wheel drive system. at least, the hyundai has a four wheel drive lock system, like the x-trail.... which is missing in the honda...

p.s-* figures, courtesy autocar india. also, OD quotes 172 and 175 kmph top speeds for the honda and suzuki respectively.

Last edited by veyron1 : 10th May 2005 at 13:25.
Old 10th May 2005, 18:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
well, man(23ish), i too, am waiting for the safari crd-i and the toyota fortuner... and i doubt that there will be a 3.5 lac diff between the two...
That makes it two of us eh??
Quote:
and here's some info on the fortuner...NEW FORTUNER
Well, i've been drooling over those pics ever since i saw the them first. But here is something for you to drool over now..
NEW SAFARI I just love the distinct T-badge on the front. That itself gives a don't mess with me kinda look.. If you look at the front grill a bit more carefully, you'll notice that it is carried from the current 207 and the Sierra platforms. I didn't like the badge on the bonet look of the earlier safari..

I agree with you that the grand Vitara is better than any petrol SUV available in India and Much better than the CRV.

Cheers,
Manish.
Old 11th May 2005, 04:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
It honestly feel that there will be a difference of atleast 3-4 lacs between the fortuner and the Safari. I do not see Fortuner coming to India under a price tag of 13 lacs. If they manage to keep it under that, the Fortuner will beat all.

Quote:
the suzuki beats the honda in all respects; viz; performance,(0-100- 9.33[vitara] vs/ 9.83[cr-v]) top speed (183 kmph[ cr-v] vs/ 185 kmph [vitara]),* off-road capability, etc.
Its the name that matters to most here. Also the CR-V looks more appealing as an entire package.

Make that three of us. I m waiting too for the Fortuner and the Safari crdi

Last edited by hawkeye : 11th May 2005 at 04:46.
Old 11th May 2005, 11:08   #35
F50
Senior - BHPian

I would certainly go for Endeavor. Its huge looks like a typical SUV and with a bull bar in front its enough to scare anyone who comes in the way.
Going close to someone's rear end and one flash of lights and he will out of the way.

Second, i will choose the Tuscon looks good and i would prefer it over the CRV and yeah Crdi.
Old 12th May 2005, 02:45   #36
BHPian

There is no alternative to CRV.

Endeavour is a truck and

Tuscon is Hyundai
Old 12th May 2005, 17:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If they manage to keep it under that, the Fortuner will beat all.
that, my friend, is the gospel truth..!!!! in fact, if toyota just manages to get it's pricing right, and for once, forget to overcharge us for that 'T' badge, then, the foruner will simply bury all others, and leave them gasping in it's wake....

i am sincerely hoping that toyota doesn't get it wrong this time, at least.... they already have had 2 strikes; one with the qualis, and the second with the overpricing of the innova...

let's hope, that for once, toyota plays it's cards right....

Quote:
Tuscon is Hyundai
ummm... a little harsh there, buddy.... this particular hyundai is a great product, and i, personally, like it...

Quote:
Make that three of us
well, then be it the three musketeers, eh matey...?
Old 13th May 2005, 07:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
let's hope, that for once, toyota plays it's cards right....
...To our own benefits.

Quote:
well, then be it the three musketeers, eh matey...?
with three fortuners hopefully
Old 13th May 2005, 18:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
that, my friend, is the gospel truth..!!!! in fact, if toyota just manages to get it's pricing right, and for once, forget to overcharge us for that 'T' badge, then, the foruner will simply bury all others, and leave them gasping in it's wake....
Toyota has other reserves up its sleeve to bury all others. They will just launch them when the time is Ripe as they did for Qualis and Innova. The topmost thing that comes to mind is their award-winning Hybrid Technology for which Toyota has as much as 8-patents pending. So i guess, its time for GM and Ford to vacate their leadership position for Toyota.

Regardless of pricing, people still go to Toyota for its unmatched quality and performance of the vehicles. Its just a question of getting the volume game + profit margins right.
Old 13th May 2005, 21:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

If we call ourselves petrolheads, why isn't the Forester on the list? Doesn't it fall into this category?
Old 13th May 2005, 22:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Tucson the other day. Almost missed it. Disappointed, no street cred at all.

Edit the poll with a Forrester, and it has my vote.
Old 14th May 2005, 14:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
If we call ourselves petrolheads, why isn't the Forester on the list? Doesn't it fall into this category?

aaaah, yes,....the forgotten child... i believe the forrester does fall into this category; and yes, my vote would go to the forrester, if included in this poll; the reason being that this is the only subaru available in india officially,(the chevy badging is a different matter), and the driving experience in one of those feels like a mini impreza on steroids..... and it can handle harsh roads better than both the "H" badged cars...

and man23, toyota needs to get its pricing right, too.... just the badging isn't sufficient for any manufacturer to get away with overpricing;
Old 17th May 2005, 00:32   #43
BHPian

could do with the subaru forrester also....if not the octavia turbo...and a few lacs to spare.....
Old 4th June 2005, 01:24   #44

hi

dude crv is the best even though ford is good
Old 5th June 2005, 00:39   #45
BHPian

Wud wait till the fortuner launch to give my feedback..
As for the choice between the above three ..
It would be the Tuscon ... For sheer reasons of being a CRDi and a newer generation engine and car ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks