Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:16   #31
BHPian

Hall of shame?

Skoda
Cielo

Above all Indian govt. for implementing License Raj, affecting the waiting period.
I still remember many of my relatives got their Scooters after 8 years of booking!! & cars after 1-2 years of booking!!

Last edited by loving_alaap : 2nd April 2009 at 16:20.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Hall of shame?

Skoda
Cielo

skoda defenitely. There are couple of hot threads on skoda always on the top since last week. By the looks of it , even if not skoda cars per se, skoda as a company is defenitely seems to be heading towards the top of the hall of shame list for the sheer arrogant attitude towards their customers.
Old 5th April 2009, 16:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
I totally disagree with these.

Santro & Accent are not yesteryears cars. They are hall of fame of recent years (unlike other cars, hall of fame of yesteryears), and still going strong.

Santro & Accent are IMO another revolution in Indian automative history, and only because of them, Maruti & other manufacturer have to improve their quality.
How can Santro & Accent belong to "Indian Automotive Hall of Fame", they are cent percent KOREAN. However it is true Santro broke the stranglehold of Marutis domination and brought a new choice to Indian customers along with Indicas and later for a very brief time Matiz.
Old 5th April 2009, 19:11   #34
evo
BHPian

Cars/and others
1. Maruti Zen- The first very desirable looking (methinks)
2. Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX- For whatever it stood for.
3. Tata Safari: The first so called "Indian" car that was droolworthy
4. Maruti Esteem: Before the VTEC/Baleno/vRS!
5. Daewoo Ceilo: Seemed amazing to me in the third standard! Also the first non Maruti car (not counting HM/PAL)
6. Gypsy - for its name and how it lived up to it.
7. Armada Grand: Dont ask me why!
Old 6th April 2009, 19:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

There was a visiting foreign Journalist in early 1980s before the marutis arrived.

His comment on seeing a lot of Ambassadors - The Cars of India are pot bellied like its people!

An economist wrote - The sybmol of Economic progress in India are the moving wheels of a TATA truck.

Another economist suggest post liberalisation in 1991 - I like the opening up of your Economy. But unlike your 100 cc bikes projects where there are Kawasaki, Hona, Suzuki and Yamaha, why have you restricted the cars to just Suzuki ? Shouldn't the competition be allowed in to include Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Isuzu and other manufacturers like Daewoo and Hyundai ?

We have come a long way from there.
Old 7th April 2009, 00:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
There was a visiting foreign Journalist in early 1980s before the marutis arrived.

His comment on seeing a lot of Ambassadors - The Cars of India are pot bellied like its people!

An economist wrote - The sybmol of Economic progress in India are the moving wheels of a TATA truck.

Another economist suggest post liberalisation in 1991 - I like the opening up of your Economy. But unlike your 100 cc bikes projects where there are Kawasaki, Hona, Suzuki and Yamaha, why have you restricted the cars to just Suzuki ? Shouldn't the competition be allowed in to include Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Isuzu and other manufacturers like Daewoo and Hyundai ?

We have come a long way from there.
No we havn't. We are buying BMW 'M' at a ridiculous and unjustified price.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
No we havn't. We are buying BMW 'M' at a ridiculous and unjustified price.
agree with you on that and its not only the M, we are paying ridiculously high prices for all direct imports be it cars or the bikes. If only govt goes easy on the duties then we will see another revolution in the indian auto industry.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th April 2009 at 12:10. Reason: wid = with.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:10   #38
BHPian

lambos & porsches

lambos: oops lambretta & the likes of avanti kelvinator & super vijay
heard that cool dudes used to drive them ( some movie shows jeetendra & sridevi too)
friends used to take out their dad's old ones & was real fun to drive

porsche: porsche designed stickers on old hero puchs ( mentioned earlier but people missed the sticker

N yeah bobby rajdoot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks