Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 11:45   #16
BHPian

the swift petrol clutch is pretty easy to operate and light on the foot - take a spin in one..
Old 17th March 2009, 11:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

why isnt anyone talking about the alto. It's so light, controls feel like butter!
Old 17th March 2009, 12:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Because he has a budget of 10 Lakhs, and for sure must be looking for a lot more than what an Alto would offer.
Old 17th March 2009, 12:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
the swift petrol clutch is pretty easy to operate and light on the foot - take a spin in one..
I agree on this too. It must pretty much fit the bill, but so is any Mitsubishi and Honda.
Old 17th March 2009, 12:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I own a city zx . . .

The clutch is not light [though since its hydraulic, its very smooth]. Otherwise My wagon R and 800 have much much lighter clutches.

SLK , what do mean by saying that clutch is not light but it very smooth ?
Old 18th March 2009, 00:06   #21
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
SLK , what do mean by saying that clutch is not light but it very smooth ?
Maybe I can try and explain the difference-

Honda city's clutch requires more pressure than a wagonR or zen but it's goes down with a very consistent speed and force, b'coz its hydraulic assisted. And also it engages very consistently without any vibrations or judders as compared to the others.
Old 18th March 2009, 06:58   #22
BHPian

As per my experience as of now I think civic and city's cluth plates are really soft to use and mind it ALTO's clutch is very hard ! After using city for some days I find alto's clutch to be very very hard. And I've even driven wagonR but as per my experience it was still harder than city.
Even octy diesel's clutch plate is harder than city. Can comment and compare only these 4 vehicles as driven much.
But like to say that , what all swifts Ive driven i've found pathetic condition of clutch plates, I generally fail to put the car in motion even after trying 3-4 times, I dont remember about the softness but overall clutch quality was really bad in those which I've driven.
Old 18th March 2009, 10:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Maybe I can try and explain the difference-

Honda city's clutch requires more pressure than a wagonR or zen but it's goes down with a very consistent speed and force, b'coz its hydraulic assisted. And also it engages very consistently without any vibrations or judders as compared to the others.

Hey, if you think wagon R and zen has light clutch. Then you should try out the vista. Its like butter. Its so light that I even doubted if the clutch will withstand the abuse.
Old 18th March 2009, 11:03   #24
BHPian

I have driven Hyundais (Santro, Accent and Verna) and Ford Fiesta - each of them for more than 1 year. I found Fiesta's clutch very smooth and convinient.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

I once had to drive a cousins Nissan Micra and it had the lightest clutch ever. You could hardly feel it was there.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
i20 is VFM?
You please check the price, and find how much over-priced i20 is.
Again... somehow I get a feeling that Romeo has had a bad experiencee with hyundai... buddy why dont you check the features and the overall package with i20 before commenting on the price..?

Even the bottom end model is high on VFM looking at what you can get in that price range...
Old 18th March 2009, 16:48   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
buddy why dont you check the features and the overall package with i20 before commenting on the price..?
I've checked it thoroughly. That's why I made such a comment. I'm not a blind opponent of Hyundai. But check the pricing of i10, i20, and Verna - I'll label Hyundai as a greedy manufacturer in India.

For i20, they have put a 1.2 L engine, and with all those tax soaps, they priced it way high!
Old 18th March 2009, 18:15   #28
BHPian

dont buy Optra Magnum, i feel it has the most heaviest clutch in this segment
Old 19th March 2009, 05:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I'm not sure if this is the lightest clutch out there. My Cedia's clutch is way lighter than any hyundai i've driven so far which IMHO don't have light clutches like Hondas and Mitsubishis.
Second that.

The Lancer's (Cedia in India) clutch is really light and smooth when it's nicely warmed up.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:27   #30
BHPian

Thnx all for suggestions ,

Had TD with City ZX Gxi yday , did not find the clutch to be smooth to a make decision.
Also they told that the prices of Old City is going to increase by 20K from April , that is going to be around 8.5lac OTR in Bangalore .

Still undecided ,Thinking of waiting for Jazz Automatic until August .

But Not sure whether 1.5i-vtec jazz with semi-automatic will available fro 8.5lca OTR Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks