Team-BHP - The "JD Power Study" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The "JD Power Study" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/55358-jd-power-study-thread-6.html)

Very confusing terminologies for these indexes. Can someone throw more light on what are all these?

There are no surprises from Fiat on the rankings as far as I am concerned because I for one have got service from Fiat which is anyday far better than Maruti and Ford(which I have experienced personally on criteria of spares availability, pricing and service). Now only if the higher ups at Fiat was intelligent enough to use this positive result to some good use...

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunkk (Post 2122837)
I gave 10 over there and they asked me to provide the same rating when Fiat guys call me. Later when Fiat people called for feedback, I gave a rating of 9.
After giving this response, the Tata service centre people called me and apologized for the delay and explained me the cause of it. I think they are really after Tata for giving a better service for Fiat cars.
Anyways its good to hear this and way to go Fiat.. clap:

Well the same happens with Tata Customers as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunkk (Post 2123158)
Very confusing terminologies for these indexes. Can someone throw more light on what are all these?

Customer Service Index looks at the following factors

Overall Service Satisfaction
Service Initiation
Service Advisor
Service Facility
Vehicle Pickup
Service Quality

Sales Satisfaction Index takes into account the following

Overall Experience
Dealership Facility
Salesperson
Paperwork/Finance
Delivery Process
Price

This is great going by FIAT!
The results only reflect the dedicated hardwork at FIAT India's A.S.S team to shatter the poor image stuck with their brand!
Now lets hope FIAT India puts these results to good use. Expecting a full page ad on tomorrow's newspaper :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 2123237)
Now lets hope FIAT India puts these results to good use. Expecting a full page ad on tomorrow's newspaper :D

There is something in today's Mint. But this is for the satisfaction survey carried out by Hindustan Times and covered Customer Satisfaction. Surprisingly the ANHC was missing from the list. :D

There should be something out about the JD Power survey. Should help Diwali sales at the very least.

these numbers will make sense only if the underlying calculations are revealed. Till then I won't read much into this.

Are the sample sizes for all manufacturers, given the huge skew in sales figures, same ? I bet not.

J D Power keeps on releasing such figures. These numbers don't make or break a manufacturer and NEVER reflect in sales figures.

Wow!, this is surprising. How did Fiat manage to get to the #2 spot?? Tata has been trying its best to scare away Fiat customers from sales and service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 2123237)

I got an SMS just now:
"Fiat is ranked no.2 in JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSI) 2010. We remain committed to serve you better".

That was faster than I thought! :thumbs up

Stunning results for Fiat!! I had owned a Palio for 3 years and it was an absolutely hassle-free ownership. Kudos to the Fiat management.

Its surprising to see Toyota down there and Skoda above Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarrySky (Post 2123492)
I got an SMS just now:
"Fiat is ranked no.2 in JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSI) 2010. We remain committed to serve you better".

That was faster than I thought! :thumbs up

The funnier part is that the sender of the message (at least in my case) was "TD - TATAMOTR"!

After reading through the thread looks like Fiat getting the 2 spot did not come as much of a surprise to Fiat owners,who have for the majority of times got service.Infact its non-owners who are more sceptical about the results.
Kudos to Fiat for trying to get there act right,and i hope they keep up the good work.

My biggest observation from this is that Maruti is the only above average performer, and due to their sheer numbers, they are pulling the average up. So if you don't own a Maruti, your service quality is below average!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgh (Post 2122983)
Something is wrong with the so called industry average. If it is 812, how come only Maruti is higher than average that too marginally? Methinks J.D.Power should first learn the basics of statistics before coming out with their so-called surveys.

I have very similar doubts too. Since their methodology is not public information, I have big reservations on what they did to come up with these numbers.

clap: Way to go Fiat. I'm one happy fiat customer. Glad to say that I have got better service satisfaction for fiat than Maruti (we own both). I feel both Tata motors and Fiat is improving.