Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:12   #16
Team-BHP Support

Infact, the Amby is very much available with bulletproofing. You see all those white Ambys with thick green glasses and big fat tyres - they're bulletproof. It just looks like a step to move to a more modern vehicle.
Brace yourselves for Income Tax scrutinies and raids.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:19   #17
rippergeo

Hahahaha! An armoured pajero for our politicians. That is so funny on so many different levels. To start with, imagine the power to weight ratio of an armoured HM pajero with an obese politician, his fat cat cronies and his security detail.

secondly- is it worth spending so much to protect them?

3rd-As someone said- the terrorists are better off protecting the politicians themselves, so that india stays down in the dumps.

4th point - it takes the fear of death to stop the govt from patronising the Amby, which should have been retired 2 decades ago.

Any security agency worth its salt should realise that armour, how much ever heavy, is going to be useless,if mobility is compromised.

Old 23rd March 2009, 11:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Any security agency worth its salt should realise that armour, how much ever heavy, is going to be useless,if mobility is compromised.
Hahaha is right Ripper!
I read in some newspaper (Mail Today??) that, in fact, this is being done because the Ambys and the Safaris become very sluggish after all the armour plating!
And in a divine flash of inspiration it occurred to them that the Pajero would not do the same!
Talk about the old Birla-GOI nexus!
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:50   #19
BHPian

why cant they just buy the safari or innova and make it bullet proof!!
why waste our money!!!
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:50   #20
Team-BHP Support

I thought they meant Jeeps as in Mahindra Jeep. The only PM I have seen in person was Rajiv Gandhi, in fact multiple times, he has even waved at me, but that's an story for another thread. Anyway, I used to live along Airport road (Bangalore) in the 80s when he used visit often, and he almost always ride in open Jeeps. Not something any VIP would try in Bangalore roads these days.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

ha ha ripping the money we pay as tax and other charges. no one tries to kill them except people from opposite parties whom they war with. they should be given a plain tata indica.
they should not pump out of their 3rd class level and try to loot the hard earned money by us.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
May be the government should get each of these guys a BMW M3 and take off their pilot cars. very hard for people to catch up

Or maybe the Govt can do a bulk deal with TATA's for Jaguar / Landover. Money spent on all this stays within the country (figuratively)

Last edited by MileCruncher : 23rd March 2009 at 12:04.
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

actually, mobility was the prime reason why the government went in for the BMW 7 series for the PM.

O.T. it is really a sight to see that beauty ziping on cordoned off roads in a convoy on delhi roads, with the poor petrol Safaris of the NSG commandos struggling to keep up.

EDIT- 1000 posts up!
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
ha ha ripping the money we pay as tax and other charges.
Amit, that is exactly what I meant when I posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I suspect these are Pajeros!
Upto 50 lakh rupees for armouring each!
This would take the game to a new level!
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:26   #25
BHPian

This is peanuts, it costs massive amounts of resourcs to protect these modern day kings, with their in your face security, obscene convoys, innumerable security guards and tantrums, the last figure I heard and this was a couple of years ago is 1500 crores. So what's a couple of crores for a bullet proof pajeros. Insignificant. This system works for itself pretty well.
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:22   #26
BANNED

Why not Nano? Plonk in a 2.2 VTT make enough space for the driver and the minister. Do all the bullet proofing and the car will still run circles around a Pajero.
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Why not Nano? Plonk in a 2.2 VTT make enough space for the driver and the minister. Do all the bullet proofing and the car will still run circles around a Pajero.
Guess 2 Nanos will be needed...one to plonk in the 2.2 VTT, and the other to seat the VVVVIP + bulletproofing .
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:48   #28
BHPian

HM Amby news in a UK newspaper !!!!
our political people were the only buyers of it(though only their chelas go in it) and the bureaucrats/army .. now if they also dont buy then they can as well shut it down..

But Amby is Amby.. I still like the car
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:51   #29
BANNED

See more safety.. The opposition party wont know which Nano to blow up. Instead of 20 cars we will have 40. Probability of hitting the right one then becomes 1/40 instead of 1/20. Look at the benefit.

We will save some fuel too.

Above all it will be the best way to show how democratic we are. The Ministers travelling in the car made for the common man.
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Guess 2 Nanos will be needed...one to plonk in the 2.2 VTT, and the other to seat the VVVVIP + bulletproofing .
Sure, Thunder?
I feel three will be needed. You've overlooked the enormous rotundity they all carry around their middle! Needs SPACE!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks