Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 18:31   #16

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

The Estoque has unfortunately been canned, perhaps parent Porsche did not want rivalry from any of its siblings!!
Old 21st April 2009, 08:42   #17
BHPian

One more related news item

Porsche unveils 2010 Panamera
Old 7th December 2009, 00:19   #18
BHPian

i would like to add a few things!

1) the panamera is a little bit awkward!
2) but its a four door Porsche and this means it has all the characters of 911 like sports car! it IS a four door super-car! just give an example there is a carbon fibre spoiler which comes on at higher speeds automatically!! awesome!
3)comparable to Maserati quattroporte! and the aston martin Rapide! (i would prefer the rapide over porsche any day)
4) it looks better in person than in pictures!
5) the interior and craftsmanship is above all the usual suspects like audi, bmw, mercs!
overall its a fantastic car but looks weird in the back!

Last edited by Caramelo : 7th December 2009 at 00:28.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:22   #19
BHPian

i like the wierd shape. its what defines a Porsche. just one look at it and it can be clearly distinguished as a Porsche. same goes to the lambo concept. now if porsche were to adopt the lambo shape posts here will be filled with further criticism. and as pointed out it does look better in person than in the picture.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 11th December 2009 at 13:23.
Old 11th December 2009, 14:03   #20
BHPian

I dont think it is that bad looking. It is what all porsches look like. Only thing I can think of is that the usual Porsche design might not be going well with 4 doors for some people. I mean look at that sporty design for a 4 door car. Maybe
the rear seat look less spacious from outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Here comes Panamera! (India by October, 2009)-porsche.jpg  

Last edited by Atul-C : 11th December 2009 at 14:06.
Old 11th December 2009, 14:09   #21
BHPian

i did go to the porsche mumbai to chk out this beast and wow! it is worth that price anyday !you have to see it in flesh to admire it !

further i revved her to 6000rpm but the exhaust note is so dull and lifeless , u dont get anything for yours ears to get reving about. the boot size is ok for at least 3-4 of your midium type suitcases but porsche themselfs provide you with 4 PORSCHE DESIGN suitcases having stainless steel finish .
also the driving position is gr8 and you can see all that vast bonnet in front of you. its huge the mass itself lends on you while watching it. the back seats also sink in the floor but thats not a good thing as your view is obstructed. instrumentation is typically porscheand rest all things are really top notch.
desperatly missed theexhaust note but . but nice experiance .
Old 11th December 2009, 14:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

any idea how many they sold in india so far?
Old 12th December 2009, 07:49   #23
BHPian

I do not get the idea of comparing the Panamera to a BMW 7. They are competing in entirely two different segments. The porsche is what yu can call a supercar and the BMW 7 / Audi / Merc is just another ordinary car.

Moreover the looks are unique and the car's charecter comes out completely when driven, and it is a porsche in all ways.

As someone mentioned earlier, yu can go for a lunch a family outing and shopping in the same car. A supercar as a family car. Thats something.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
I do not get the idea of comparing the Panamera to a BMW 7. They are competing in entirely two different segments. The porsche is what yu can call a supercar and the BMW 7 / Audi / Merc is just another ordinary car.

Moreover the looks are unique and the car's charecter comes out completely when driven, and it is a porsche in all ways.

As someone mentioned earlier, yu can go for a lunch a family outing and shopping in the same car. A supercar as a family car. Thats something.
i agree. a bmw 7 series is used my a business man who likes to be driven around in luxury by his driver and hence needs a powerful car. the panamera is used my someone who has more than one friend to take along and wants to go fast for no other reason but the sheer pleasure of it and by driving it himself. two different cars built for two different reasons and both are very good at what they designed for.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

I hope Porsche is participating at the 2010 Delhi Auto Expo and i wish the Panamera is on display. I've made by Xmas wish!.
Old 16th May 2011, 22:16   #26
BHPian

Re: Here comes Panamera! (India by October, 2009)

Spotted this a few months back near Subroto park.
Attached Thumbnails
Here comes Panamera! (India by October, 2009)-image081.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks