Team-BHP - NHC Feedback(?)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   NHC Feedback(?) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5647-nhc-feedback-2.html)

The NHC is a good car. And competitive. The Palio guy must have been exaggerating ... but I dont think the 'climbing' abilities of the NHC are better than that of a Palio 1.6. However, I dont think that any sort of climbing .. including that of stairs is intended by you in your car. In which case the NHC is a decent buy. It has good FE, decent after sales and more importantly the Honda badge. So if dragging with other 1.6 liters is not your cup of tea and you need a good in-city car, a decent weekend highway cruiser, and you have the bucks to spend, then the NHC should be right up there for you. In fact buy it blindly.

P.S. I am a die hard Petra fan, so I guess you should be convinced. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimish
Hey just having a small ride and then saying that the car cannot pull over a steep hill is mere immaturity..... I own NHC CVT for more than a year now and believe me never felt such an odd thing.....i have taken this car full load over the steep hills of Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, etc over a lot many times with all the time A/C on, forget load, it does not even feel that you are driving a auto transmission car.......

As Sahil mentioned rightly, in city cruising too the engine is peppy enough to pull across.

yes the car has enough power to climb small slopes and cruise along the highway easily.but the comment from the palio guy must be the car felt very under powered compared to the palio 1.6.the slope thing must be if the palio used to climb that slope in 2 gear with ac and with 4 people then the NHC required to to switch off the ac to make it climb in second gear.this can be quite true.

and please Mahabaleshwar Ghat has no steep climbs.just moderate climbs in few places.

Quote:

Originally Posted by merve_extreme
but the comment from the palio guy must be the car felt very under powered compared to the palio 1.6.

Merve, it is unfair to compare Palio 1.6 with NHC. Many of cars would feel less powerful against a VTec or 1.6, but that doesnt really make NHC grossly "underpowered" car. If one really wants to call something "underpowered", it would be Ford 1.8 Diesel, which had to roll on a heavy car on its miserly powered engine, or even earstwhile Sienna 1.2.

Even though I don’t own a palio, I am part of that group. One reason because, just like this grp, discussion which are very informative and useful takes place there too. But there are times when such useless, good for nothing comments also crops up there. Some people will always come to conclusion that their palio is better than so and so car. It’s not the conclusion, but the manner in which it is arrived at. I would say that u walk over this particular comment and go take a test drive of the City and decide yourself...

Definitely it will have more power to pull than compared to NV...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
Merve, it is unfair to compare Palio 1.6 with NHC. Many of cars would feel less powerful against a VTec or 1.6, but that doesnt really make NHC grossly "underpowered" car. If one really wants to call something "underpowered", it would be Ford 1.8 Diesel, which had to roll on a heavy car on its miserly powered engine, or even earstwhile Sienna 1.2.

i am not comparing here.but it is true.when one drives a lowered powered car after driving a higher powered car,one feels it to be underpowered.this is what happens when i drive my uncles zen after going there in my palio 1.6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkrishn
Even though I don’t own a palio, I am part of that group. One reason because, just like this grp, discussion which are very informative and useful takes place there too. But there are times when such useless, good for nothing comments also crops up there. Some people will always come to conclusion that their palio is better than so and so car. It’s not the conclusion, but the manner in which it is arrived at. I would say that u walk over this particular comment and go take a test drive of the City and decide yourself...

Definitely it will have more power to pull than compared to NV...

this is not the case with palio owners only,but with nearly all people.we cannot victimize them.but sure palio owners do this more so as the are not drivers they are lovers?hahah.remenber the fiat ad.

SMG, take the NHC for a test drive, drive it on steep inclines and see for yourself.

Apart from the tyres losing traction, i don't see why it shouldn't be able to climb a hill.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
SMG, take the NHC for a test drive, drive it on steep inclines and see for yourself.

Apart from the tyres losing traction, i don't see why it shouldn't be able to climb a hill.

Shan2nu

Thanks, I am going to do exactly the same, with 4 Adnan Sami sized persons on board (just kidding) .

I am putting my hard earned 700K and I won't be getting another chance in next 8 years to correct my mistake.

As I have said in my earlier post in this same thread, I know what I want and certainly won't get carried away by some fancy features or lack of it.

My test ride will be more through and focused, checking and verifying each and every aspects , that matters most to me.

I am not at all in a hurry (don't take quick decisions )
If required I will take 2 test rides (it is still free I believe).

Regards

NHC is a very nice roomy and comforable car with adequate ground clearance,it driveable across the revband though it may turn off the enthusiasts but it is powerful enough to shame cars like accent and corsa and still returning fuel efficiency in the league of small cars like zen and santro,the NHC i think is the best deal in the segement for a family oriented use.

Quote:

i came out without a scratch.... had it been NHC
Had it been NHC you wond not have landed in that case only since you need guts to take her above 140.. hehe(kidding)

Quote:

If required I will take 2 test rides (it is still free I believe).
If you want you can take her for a an hour test drive.. would have given you mine too but then firstly you would think its a Vtec( the way i drove her you would feel so.. lol) and secondly i have sold mine..

AS far as the underpoweredness of the NHC goes it aint underpowered by any means and whos ever review you have read it just carp.. i have a slope before my garage which is like a U turn for me and its the same height as the guy described in your review you posted.. and i have always been taking her in 2nd there with AC on all times.. never ever felt the need to switch of aircon just to get her up and going..

Though you comparing her with the 1.6 Palio is really harsh.. and this makes me compare the Palio with the SL350 roadster.. then even i can say that palio is so underpowered.. mind you the roadster takes 6.8 to a ton.. but thats all suplementary..

Bottomline is NHC is by no means underpowered and will effortlessly cruise along anyplace in this world without any problems.. be it speeds of 120 or 140.. 160 your welcome.. took her to 160 and really didnot feel so surefooted as the OHC 1.5 which i had..

0 - 100 is on par with the competition and top speed is academic..

She feels better then a Palio to drive in the City.. on the highways in 4th gear or 5th she pulls easily ahead.. blasting from 80 to 120 in no time..

As far as slopes are concerned i guess thats is something foolish to talk about since no car in this world is built in such a way that it cant even climb a slope.. exception REVA..

Buy the Honda City (new) if you are ready to spent some money for wider rubber and pull her many times to 6000RPM and you will believe me have a hassle free car for the coming 8 years for which you intent to keep the car.. plus with no problems since engine is HONDA..
and as far as performance is concerned how often do you need it.. you aint racing are u?? If yes add a K n N, Free FLow muffler or refer modifications and accesories where i have posted some upgrades for power..

Buy the Palio if you are too keen on performance and want an unhasle free ownership experience.. no idea how long engine will last..

Cheers..

All the best for your decision.. if you have doubts about the NHC ask me since i owned one.. some time back..

Thanks Montoya. I think there is some misunderstanding, I am not at all comparing NHC with Palio 1.6 , it was THAT guy who posted his observations on Palio User's forum!

I got worried because I intend to travel a lot along with my family more often than solo driving and city of Sangli (where I am relocating in 3-4 months from now) has several Up down , wavy roads to deal.

No, I am not a racing type of guy. 42 years old , company executive with family responsibilities.

So far I have shortlisted Baleno and NHC , both suit my requirements, life style, intended use profile and of course budget. Palio (or any FIAT product) is out of question, no way, even if offered free to me!!

Thanks for your help and will bug you.

One more suggestion. If possible, try and take a tesdrive from 2 diff dealerships. If you don't have 2 dealers in Sangli, make it a point to take a test when ever you go to another city. Since you're not in a real hurry, i think you should be able to manage that.

Trust me, the Accord test car i drove in Bangalore felt much better than the one i test drove in Mangalore. The Camry i test drove in Hubli had major wheel balancing problem and made the steering wobble like crazy, even at 80kmph. Went to the same dealer almost a year later, luckily he had another car which felt a lot more planted and sturdy.

Shan2nu

Pointed noted Sir, thanks. Sangli has no HONDA dealership , nearest one is in Pune (240 KM North) . However Kolhapur (45 KM south of Sangli) has a HONDA service centre.

Quote:

Trust me, the Accord test car i drove in Bangalore
You mean Honda does have a test drive accord.. not one in ichibaan atleast..

Quote:

Thanks for your help and will bug you
Most welcome and will be my pleasure to help you.

See my NHCs pics here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...6&page=3&pp=15

In the car options you have the NHC is clear winner. Baleno is highly outdated now. Only thing good in it is the 94bhp engine. Thought NHC engine very good as well but it doesnot perform like a Balenos in case of full out accleration. NHC engine more drivable. Overall since you will be carrying people in th back seat i would recomend you the NHC since it has more space then an Octy in the rear and boot is damn big. Bigger then Corolla, Optra and obviously then the Baleno. In two words i can describe the NHC and Baleno. The Baleno is "No Competition"

The NHC strugles to climb an incline of more the 30 degrees with 2 people in 3rd but there is enough pulling power in second and first.