Team-BHP - Is it raining Lineas, or is it raining TDCis?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is it raining Lineas, or is it raining TDCis? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/57324-raining-lineas-raining-tdcis.html)

Just my observation - everyday in Gurgaon I see atleast 10-20 Ikon TDCi, but only 5-7 Lineas.

Somewhere on the forum, we all love FIAT but are missing that other cars are doing a good comeback too.

Just my observation - is it true?

PS: I somewhere think its partially cannibalized Fiesta sales, but that's a separate discussion.

Point is that a decent package, despite Ford's name can still sell.
PPS: Proof: 2.8k sold in march versus 1.3k sold in October (which includes sales around Diwali). What say peoples?

PPPS: Yes, I'm still pissed in some way that the car came a month too late, else i'd be driving an Ikon and not a Swift :D

Atleast in CHE, Ikon in TDCI guise is making a comeback, I see atleast 2 or 3 new Ikons during my daily commute but not Lineas . However in the Industrial estate where our office is located, I do get to see almost on a daily basis, Lineas coming from the yard ,parked in shade while the drivers engage in some shady activities like siphoning fuel and some general pilferage.

I guess Ford has built enough of a brand value with the Fiesta and the last gen Ikon. phamillyman, were they all non taxis? I also see more new Ikons than new Lineas, but then there is a big difference in price tags.

Tags not withstanding, its about people reposing faith in a brand given a competent package. unlike how Tata has killed Palio with a subpar offering (better steering/NVH/Fiat goodies in Vista - can it get any worse?)

And yes, almost 90% non taxis. Most taxi TDCi are out of town (typically southern Rajasthan).

I also note that new Fabias have come to a total standstill in Gurgaon. Current series is HR26 AW and the newest Fabia I saw was HR26AT (ie sometime in end Oct!!).

Well in Mumbai, I've seen just about ONE "new" Ikon. The Lineas OTOH are all over the place. I like it that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 1274602)
Well in Mumbai, I've seen just about ONE "new" Ikon. The Lineas OTOH are all over the place. I like it that way.

Is it also like you see only what you want to see? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1274523)
PPPS: Yes, I'm still pissed in some way that the car came a month too late, else i'd be driving an Ikon and not a Swift :D

Still not too late - since BRT is so enamored of the Swift (after riding/driving Shiv's/yours), maybe you should sell it off & get the Ikon:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1274523)
Just my observation - everyday in Gurgaon I see atleast 10-20 Ikon TDCi, but only 5-7 Lineas.

How about putting the blame yet again on recession lol ?

But these are 2 different segments that you are comparing here. How about checking the sightings of the ANHC vs Linea ? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil (Post 1274608)
Is it also like you see only what you want to see?

Not really. No. I also see a lot of NHC's which killed the legendary OHC. I don't really turn a blind eye towards them.

Well, I too notice quite a few Ikon TDCi's on the road in Bangalore. Very rare to catch a glimpse of Lineas here.

Even I see quite a big no's of Ikon Tdci on daily basis.

This is not the comparison of segments but the comparison of products which are trying to re-establish their companies.

Both of them are winners of their own segments and are well accepted among the buyers.

As far as Ikon Tdci is concerned, I am my self driving one and must say this car is a great buy at the price offered. Ikon TDci is fetching quite a good no of buyers of Swift and Swift Dzire.

amazing number of Lineas on the roads of Bombay. Glad to see Fiat doing well and hopefully they will launch new cars. Though I hope not as underpowered as the Linea :(

In Ahmedabad, Lineas are not seen that much, Ikons are frequently seen though.

In Hyderabad at least i have seen good number of Lineas,which makes envious of all the Linea owners.

Ikon TDCI is canniblising the sales of the Tata Indigo. Here the buyer has an option of a decent Diesel Sedan ( with a modern engine) for the price that is at par with a hatch.

The Linea is in a very different segment. TDCI is a competent ( though dated) offering at an attractive price and it makes a compelling case for itself for the VFM minded buyer.