Team-BHP - Spotted: Opel Vectra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted: Opel Vectra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5794-spotted-opel-vectra-2.html)

too common man. if u spotted a new astra that would be something now. they have some in tirupur for crying out loud. its that common.

Vectra is the biggest rip off in the indian automotive sector. The car cost close to 18 lakhs and does even have leather seats! Sure its packed with a lot of goodies but a person buying a 18 lakh car expects the comfort of leather (which is standard on any luxury car) Futher the car does not come with an auto transmission which would have been a better option for some. And with a price tag higher than an accord v6..it definatly doesnt give much more 'bang for your buck'

Quote:

BTW, you guys in Bombay are more Lucky than us Delhiteswhen it comes to spotting "rare imported cars".. maybe Bollywood is one reason.. (i luv ABs cars...)
Thats just one of the reasons why I prefer Mumbai to any other city in India. In fact, I hate every other city in India. No questions please.

The opel vectra is just one heck of a car...brillant styling, cuts, curves everything. I wish the car a good place in the market. and isn't this the first car launched in india to have an On-board computer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil
Vectra is the biggest rip off in the indian automotive sector. The car cost close to 18 lakhs and does even have leather seats! Sure its packed with a lot of goodies but a person buying a 18 lakh car expects the comfort of leather (which is standard on any luxury car)

17lac was the introductory price for the Vectra that when my friend purchased it and it did come with a leather interior Beige colour..when the accord was Introduced at the same range ... the price was later brought down to 14lakhs ...the car had amazing build quality and laoded with features ...the Opel marketing failure lead to the unsuccessful Vectra failure ...

The Vectras are pretty rare here too. There is only one I see on a regular basis. Otherwise the streets are littered with Accords, a few Camrys and even fewer Mondeos.

Hey Jesal there is a previous generation Vectra in Tirupur. The one that was initially planned but scrapped at the last moment to bring in the latest generation.

Its a dark blue and I heard it had AWD. Not sure about this part since i neve bothered to check it out. Belongs to some one i know. He didnt even know what car it is when it was bought. Just another new car and he bought it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrie
Hey Jesal there is a previous generation Vectra in Tirupur. The one that was initially planned but scrapped at the last moment to bring in the latest generation.

Its a dark blue and I heard it had AWD. Not sure about this part since i neve bothered to check it out. Belongs to some one i know. He didnt even know what car it is when it was bought. Just another new car and he bought it.

not too sure. there is one in silver in juhu itself where i stay.
i went to chcek out the mondeo yesterday damn thing stills costs 18 laks to my pocket.

Seen this very well maintained VEctra in the Inorbit parking lot today :

Hey guys i live in bombay and sure the vectars are not that common here as other cars but its not like u never see them.had heard that gm was popping unsold ones(2003) 00km for a throwaway price of around 10ish. dont know if thats true but i did hear it from a relaible souce.

Do you know of any Vectra for sale? Bumping this thread after 18 years

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denali (Post 5603985)
Do you know of any Vectra for sale? Bumping this thread after 18 years

I know someone who owns one in Pune. The car is in good condition, however not in daily use. Let me know if you need the contact details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 5604087)
I know someone who ones one in Pune. The Car is in good condition however not in daily use. Let me know if you need the contact details.

Thanks. The PM facility is not functional for my account currently as I’m a new member. Please e-mail me the contact details at fastlanepsycho@gmail.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denali (Post 5604105)
Thanks. The PM facility is not functional for my account currently as I’m a new member. Please e-mail me the contact details at fastlanepsycho@gmail.com

Alright, I have spoken to the owner. He said the car is in running condition. You can contact him. I have emailed you the contact details.