Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2005, 19:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Historically, none of the Italian bosses have done a good job in India. The Italian style of mangement, whatever it is.....is not working in here. FIAT needs to realize this and appoint an Indian to lead the charge.

Hyundai and Skoda realized this long ago and have seen success through BVR Subbu and Imran Hassen. You need guys like this to turn around FIAT.

I agree FIAT was initially run and the Doshis and they destroyed the brand value, but that dosent mean that you can't trust indians. For example they can have a
expat chairman and an Indian CEO just like Hyundai does.
Old 7th June 2005, 19:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Good to know Palio 1.6 has come. Just hope that the engine is not detuned like the 1.2 for FE..

Does the any car of fiat except the diesels have ABS or airbags??

My 2001 Siena 1.6 ELX SP came with ABS and drivers side airbag. It was a first for a car in its segment in India
Old 7th June 2005, 20:15   #33
BHPian

FIAT are on target to aim for the indian market by the next two years. The Panda being one of their most successful projects is going to revolutionize the part of the segment that the Swift has revolutionized. The Idea is going to cause a lot of heads to turn as it is something new for us.
Old 7th June 2005, 23:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

that is precisely the problem.they launch a new class of vehicles and dont manage to capture it.like the First sienna weekend or the adventure or the Palio 1.6GTX the first and only hot hatch in india till date.the idea if priced somewhere near 5 - 5.5lacs can be very good because it is a Ford fusion size vehicle and is much bigger that the GETZ or Swift.it is like a small MPV which accidentially also looks good.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 7th June 2005 at 23:42.
Old 8th June 2005, 13:41   #35
BANNED

Quote:
GTX SP PS had both ABS + Airbags.
Currently no fiat car has them even the Diesels dont have them anymore..

Firstly i called up fortpoint fiat dealer but the number doesnot exsist. Then founf out the numbers with great difficulty as there is no website of fiat nor are there fiat advertisements ***..

Palio 1.6(5.24 on road) has been lauched and so has the Adventure sport(6.08 on road) they give average of 8.9kpl per litre in city and 10,11 on highway.. NO ABS nor AIRBAGS..

Fiat site is expected to be back in a week since they are uploading new prices and the cars.. Site is www.fiat-india.com

As far as closing fiat goes i was told that if they are closing they wont launch new models.

Also i asked why doesnot the palio sell.. i was told that it sells as many are produced its just that their plant doesnot produce so many how many are produced all are sold.

Also i was told that people who test drove the swift are going for Palio.

Another dealer claims ABS and Airbags to be present in the 1.6 Palio?? Now whether it comes or not who knows. Prices are differning between 50K between two dealers!! Some dealer says that 1.6 has two models. One with only AC and the other fully loaded.

No fiat car comes with Music system.

I was also told that their(FIATS) ASS(oun intended) is superb LOL

Well now we can only hope that fiat gets its site up fast so we can verify the facts..
Old 5th July 2005, 01:24   #36
BHPian

I guess best bet is to wait till august - spoke to their Regional manager south, he mentioned that Fiat is working on streamlining ASS, extended warranties may be out by then.

My 2 cents is on Fiat right now...esp since I am planning to buy Adventure sports, cool vehicle. looks too good for this price and on top of it solid buid and 100 bhp engine of Fiat
Old 5th July 2005, 12:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Currently no fiat car has them even the Diesels dont have them anymore..
The Palio diesels were sold with ABS and Airbags with the ELX SP (Safety Package) oprion earlier. no longer. but you can still have it made to order. FIAT is fulfilling a corporate order for Castrol and they have demanded their Palios with ABS and airbags. So Palios with ABS and airbags are still being built. You can get one too for a slight premium.

and oh...it is available only in Formula Red.
Old 6th July 2005, 15:46   #38

Hi there,
I recently bought 1.2 nv ELX PALIO from Fort Point in Mumbai. I am a die hard Ferrari & Schumachar fan. Hence I always wanted to buy this product which has some relation to the legendary Ferrari. After test driving Zen, WagonR & Santro, I felt Palio is light years ahead of these cramped vehicles. There is no comparison of any Maruti or Hyundai vehicle (even SWIFT) with any FIAT vehicle (no offence here...this is my personal opinion). FIAT guys are much much better in terms of technology & knowlede of building a good car by all means. Thoes who drive these beauties know what I mean.
Old 6th July 2005, 15:48   #39
BHPian

Another Sheep in the ditch!!...
Old 6th July 2005, 22:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Another Sheep in the ditch!!...
I disagree completly...Fiat is improving and have plans to improve ASS and support infrastructure.
Old 6th July 2005, 22:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

i have just got a letter from shaman auto,saying there is a free service camp on 9th and 10th of july.they have also mentioned an offer of fitting a lpg kit.

i will check it with anuroop auto if the camp is there will surely take the car to anuroop as i have stopped servicing at shaman.has anyone else got this kind of a letter?

Last edited by merve_extreme : 6th July 2005 at 22:47.
Old 7th July 2005, 09:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
I disagree completly...Fiat is improving and have plans to improve ASS and support infrastructure.
Just kidding!!...by the way palio is not to be compared with wagonr/zen/santro. These cars are just for punting around the city,
where as palio can be used on highways too.
It is more in the league of Indica/Sail/Swift/Getz, with a weaker engine than the competition.

Last edited by Conan : 7th July 2005 at 09:20.
Old 7th July 2005, 11:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
It is more in the league of Indica/Sail/Swift/Getz, with a weaker engine than the competition.
and with a better build and ride quality than its compititors, and dont forget Palio GTX, its more powerful than even cars like NHC,IKONS, ACCENT, BALENO and CORSA.

cheers
Old 7th July 2005, 11:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
and with a better build and ride quality than its compititors
hmmm...i am not so sure of that. Maybe sail will dispute it and Indica has the best seats and space. As an overall package, palio is a good car.
And GTX is a different car all together.

Last edited by Conan : 7th July 2005 at 11:27.
Old 7th July 2005, 23:53   #45
BHPian

now the discussion is at much more reasonable level :-), i guess it would be a good idea to come out with weightage of different aspects of owning cars and then rating the cars.

My 2 cents

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks