Team-BHP - Replace faulty car, court tells carmaker !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Replace faulty car, court tells carmaker ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/58839-replace-faulty-car-court-tells-carmaker.html)

Found this in TOI , 15 May 2009.

a good standard set by the court here. Hope the courts think the same in Harish's case too.

This is a resounding victory for the public against giant car-makers! SKODA, I HOPE YOU READ THIS!

This is just the beginning, the floodgates will open now and Skoda will be the first to get washed away.

Congratulations to the consumer and hats off to him for being so persistent. Harishv can take heart from this, proves that effort and persistence will always result in justice. clap:

Yeah. This is indeed a trend setter. Really hoping similar output in recent skoda incidences. However , are consumer court judgment are taken seriously when it comes to implementation? like civil courts.

This is really a good news. God be with Harish.

Great news! I know of a few cases where owners have just given up after a point in time. But kudos to this guy for keeping the pressure on and winning!

Cheers,
gpa

Good news, but only after 4 years!!! :Frustrati (may be too early for India!!)

Hope its a real trend setter, and hundreds of others will have the justice.

I can't believe this that this has happened in our country!! But 4 years waiting surely makes me believe this :)

Anyway, Great News!! Hope the consumer forum marks this as standard for all the Products/ services.

Yes, good news indeed. I'm glad that people are finally standing up for their rights. For far too long, we've had this policy of "chalta hai". Its time we stood up and said "Nahi chalta hai". We've paid good money for a car, and we want a good car.

Its not good enough that we have to make repeat trips to the service center since some manufacturer thought Indians are third world consumers and the law there is an ***, so lets take advantage of the situation. Watch out Skoda!!!

So Tata has to either replace the defective car with a new one or pay up 20K as compensation. Wouldnt Tata just do the latter? Justice is still not served in the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1308794)
So Tata has to either replace the defective car with a new one or pay up 20K as compensation. Wouldnt Tata just do the latter? Justice is still not served in the end.

I think you misread that one.
It says new car or refund
+ compensation.

Great verdict! There's several more cases like these, it's just that few make the news. Remember that the consumer court is extremely pro-consumer and, I'd presume, 60 - 70% case rulings are always in favour of the customer. If you've been wronged, all you need is a resolute opposition to the manufacturer. Takes time but justice was never easy.

"non working wipers, windows that would not open and a gear that would not shift"- sounds like the ultimate lemon! Tata Motors has to seriously consider whether this adverse publicity was worth the 4 lacs they were hoping to save.

Mr. Ratan Tata... Are you listening. We all know this small amount is nothing for you. But to give this money you need 4 yrs ? Take care of your quality. I believe there is many unsatisfied customer like this.

MY god! Four long years! But yes, it IS good news. Promises a better future or at least, gives us hope for one.