Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2005, 17:28   #16
BHPian

Cool one dude, I've seen a few of them myself here in B'lore...cool ones..they are. I suggest 5 spoked alloys for the car...shine it properly and then take it out and burn rubber.
Old 8th June 2005, 21:49   #17
BHPian

Well,I didn't book from Linkway,since Linkway is a bit far..I stay at Walkeshwar,and Ichibaan Service centre is at Worli,while Linkway is at Andheri..and I am gonna leave for States within 12 months or so,after completion of my graduation,and then my younger sister will be driving the car..and I'm sure it'll be a problem for her later on.Also,Linkway don't accept Credit Card payments for Car sales,while Ichibaan Honda do accept Credit Card payments for cars..and I wanted to pay whole amt. by Credit Card..so,went in for Ichibaan.
Well,I guess I'll surely be going in for 5 spoke alloys..but just am confused about whether to buy All Chrome Neowheels or Imported non-chrome ones.

Suraj
Old 8th June 2005, 22:35   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Black NHC r abundant in bombay. My NHC CVT is black too, almost a year old now and boy did i have a hard time getting it.The CVT is produced in very small amounts and the demand is too high...i needed the car urgently last year and no bombay or for that matter no maharastra dealer could give me a definate date for delivery...some how my agent found out that there is one CVT lying with a honda dealer in gujrat and its black in color....sent my driver right away and hand to pay a premium of 10,000 ! for it. Once my family drove the CVT they loved it and my dad needed a 2nd one for my poona factory...again the hunt began but this time luckily linkway said it has a maroon color CVT ready ...i wasnt very happy with the color but i didnt really care coz i wasnt goin to drive it around,besides we had no other choice....again this time had to pay a premium of 15,000!
So basically the demand for the CVT is too high but its definatly worth the wait.... the car is perfect for city driving....fuel efficent and hassel free in traffic. But i thought honda would increase the number of CVT kits coming into india over the past one year but it seems this problem still remains.
Old 8th June 2005, 22:53   #19
BHPian

Well,Sahil.. Ichibaan Honda has all CVTs in-stock EXCEPT Black..even when I booked the Black CVT 5 weeks back,they had 4 colours ready in CVT..right now,they have all except black !..but have got confirmation from the company that Black CVT is on it's way in the next dispatch to Ichibaan..so,should be gettin the car soon !
Suraj
Old 8th June 2005, 23:05   #20
BHPian

hey suraj. what r u graduating from , if i may ask?
Old 8th June 2005, 23:25   #21
BHPian

Amit-Will be finishing my Medical Course - M.B.B.S. degree course in around a year..then,will do some post-graduation specialization in States,since family is settled there.
Suraj
Old 9th June 2005, 00:03   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Srasania,
i think he was asking what car you were graduating from.
But a MBBS degree and all sounds really cool.
Btw, even i haven't seen a black CVT yet.
Old 9th June 2005, 14:21   #23
BANNED

Black NHCS are quite common in Mumbai city.

Check these alloys on a black NHC

[img=http://img159.echo.cx/img159/924/image3392cu.th.jpg]

Last edited by Montoya : 9th June 2005 at 14:26.
Old 9th June 2005, 17:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
I am gonna leave for States within 12 months or so,after completion of my graduation,and then my younger sister will be driving the car..and I'm sure it'll be a problem for her later on.Also,Linkway don't accept Credit Card payments for Car sales,while Ichibaan Honda do accept Credit Card payments for cars..and I wanted to pay whole amt. by Credit Card..so,went in for Ichibaan.
Well,lamborghini..after this post of mine,I was asked by amitverma about from what I am graduating..so,by the look of it,I think he was asking graduating from which academic course..
Anyway,as from the car point of view..I'm graduating from Esteem LX July 1999 model..will soon sell off the Esteem once the NHC comes in..
Honda showroom people informed me that Honda will be rolling out their NHC with VTEC engine next year..not before that..I don't think they'll provide Automatic/CVT option with VTEC..

Suraj
Old 9th June 2005, 20:58   #25
BHPian

just for the record, i was asking abt graduating from which academic course..
Old 9th June 2005, 21:11   #26
BANNED

@ srasnia they will be producing CVT with the Vtec and it will be 7 speed one with controls on steering
Old 11th June 2005, 11:20   #27
BHPian

Wow.. so,I thnik they'll price the CVT VTEC City around the Rs10.5 lacs tag on-road Mumbai..since it'll be a good 7 speed CVT.,and current i-DSI engine CVT costs Rs8.66 on-road Mumbai.
By the way,Montoya..those alloys are kinda ok..not bad though..
I still haven't got a call from the dealer for the CVT yet !
Already been around 6 weeks now !

Suraj

Last edited by srasania : 11th June 2005 at 11:22.
Old 11th June 2005, 15:32   #28
BHPian

well folks,
I would like to know whether the old honda city model is still available?
I personally love the old model. It has more executive looks. The new looks like yaaaaaaaak!
Can I get the old model now?

AJO.
Old 11th June 2005, 15:32   #29
BHPian

well folks,
I personally love the old model. It has more executive looks. The new looks like yaaaaaaaak!
Can I get the old model now? (Im not talking about used one. Im talkin about brand new one)

AJO.
Old 11th June 2005, 15:37   #30
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqplus
well folks,
Can I get the old model now? (Im not talking about used one. Im talkin about brand new one)

AJO.
NO...stopped long time back man

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks