Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 14:08   #46
BANNED

@DriverR
GTO can give a Clear statistics through Google Analytics
Old 30th May 2009, 14:12   #47
BHPian

For me this site has always been on my favorites and I open it always, sometimes even before I open my mailboxes !

A big congrats to GTO and other admins, you guys are doing a superb job and I love reading each and every post by you guys and this would surely continue and we will see this forum topping the list very near in future.
Old 30th May 2009, 15:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Way To Go Guys Guys ! We Rock !
Old 30th May 2009, 15:52   #49
BANNED

I was checking various automobile sites in comparison with T-BHP and found that (as of now) only carwale having better reach than T-BHP (I only taken the reach in India)

carwale 1.3% (listed in Automotive > Vehicle Shopping
Shopping > Consumer Affairs & Product Reviews > Product Reviews)

team-bhp 0.8% (listed in Automotive > Vehicle Shopping
Local > Regional Content > Central & South Asia > India)

Can you name any potential 'friendly' competitor sites in India for this category through P.M so i can analize

and the Top 10 visitors are coming from

1. Maharashtra, India
2. Karnataka, India
3. Delhi, India
4. Tamil Nadu, India
5. Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
6. Punjab, India
7. Uttar Pradesh, India
8. Kerala, India
9. Haryana, India
10. West Bengal, India

Last edited by wildon : 30th May 2009 at 16:09.
Old 5th June 2009, 18:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Team, its a big achievement already and yet a long way ahead, but certainly time to celibrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Thanks Wildon. But my question was different. I'll rephrase it. In the chart above it say that a majority of the browsers who visit Team-BHP are males, majority have children, etc. My question is on what basis (data source) they are saying this? Remember this is supposed to be the demographics of the people who visited/used team-bhp. When I access the site or any website, for that matter, I'm not telling any online server whether I'm married, have kids, etc! So how are they arriving at these charts? How can they identify that an grad user is accessing the site, or a lady is accessing it?

At first, I considered that possible they are using our membership details. But this is not correct because:
1. These charts are the demographics of the people who access the site, and not members.
2. If one types any organization or even google, the charts types are the same.

It is actually bugging me, as I cannot figure out if these are real values? If real, how are they able to identify users?
This data is combined result of calculations made on users who use toolbars from any company, may it be google, alexa or yahoo or any other. While installation you are asked for permission to use your data, there on your approval all these things are saved. Second, in google search if you are logged into google account (even by facebook, Orkut, picasa, youtube or any other google sites) (most probably there your personal and family details are given)then any or all search you do gives huge data to google, all searches you do are saved in history, you can also check.

Plus with that these engines save up your IP address (like PAN card for IT department) with your data if once gathered, then its just matter of seconds for super computers to know all the demographics details for any site... phew...

Nothing to be scared though as they are bound highly by privacy policies and will never share any details on private basis. Plus you have option to deny permissions in all software’s.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 5th June 2009 at 18:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks