Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is the best C+ segment sedan around?
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE/ 1.3 Multijet 82 38.14%
Honda City 2009 1.5 S M/T 43 20.00%
Suzuki SX4 ZXi 26 12.09%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 S/ 1.4 TDCi 21 9.77%
Hyundai Verna VTVT SX 1.6/CRDi SX ABS 13 6.05%
Chevrolet Optra Magnum 1.6 LS 10 4.65%
Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 LXi 1 0.47%
Mitsubishi Cedia 19 8.84%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 18:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
If this were the case then the Logan would be really selling BIG number, sadly it isn't.
Partly because of the manufacturer branding it as super cheap and all before the launch and then people finding out the cost cut areas later.
So it bacame a case of : "Who wants to buy a Sedan and wants to be called a cheap car go getter at the same time.

Next, the pricing...errr...sorry, lets stick to the actual topic.

I voted for the Mitsu Cedia. Worth every penny you pay.
Old 19th June 2009, 18:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Best - since we aren't talking value for money etc., my vote goes for the Cedia! Love the car, great handling, good engine, availability of mods/aftermarket accessories, and from what i know, better A.S.S. than some of the bigger brands in India..
Old 19th June 2009, 18:29   #18
BHPian

Mate,that comparo you have posted is pretty good.But quite a few fact you have got wrong there,it look pretty much a B.S comparo done by dealers to impress uninformed,gullible non-TBHPian car buyers

-If you are comparing prices it has to be either in OTR or ex-showroom and the city is to be preferably Delhi.
-You need to compare either only the petrol versions or the diesel versions at a time.If you want to compare both petrol and diesel include the diesel/petrol versions for other vehicles.You seem to like the Linea so much that you have forgotten that the Verna and Fiesta also have petrol engines which are 100+ bhp!!!!
-Comparing the Total height ,width,length is pretty much sissy because the external figures doesn't mean that interiors are the same,eg:The SX4 its the most widest, but only two can fit in the rear bench.
-You need to mention the max/min headroom,legroom and why is there no comparison of rear headroom, are people going to sit in the back wont have heads.
-Boot space doesnt necceserily mean more volume,more impostant is how the space is utilised,certain vehicle have their rear struts protruding in their boot compartment making the extra space useless.What if the loading are is too narrow or the lower lip?
-I usually take Fuel efficiency reports with a heavy pinch of salt.Why the hell is the Fiesta's mileage figures not included(feel it might leave the Linea far behind) c'mon mate even young children know how frugal the 1.4 TDCi is.
-Power and Torque figures is one thing on paper and the other on road,it all depends the way it is made 68ps on the Fiesta doesn't feel underpowered on road as it feels on paper,ain't it.
-When mentioning about tyres better even to mention about the alloys because they are a huge sum nearly 20-25k.
-It is better not to get manufacturer centred things such as Blue&ME,if you brag about it ,I can go on and on regarding iCATS,VTEC,irde,G-CON,e10 etc
-Regarding fog lamps ,have you ever seen the back of an SX4?(you should be because you cannot overtake it with the lineas )Man I have people seen literally fighting at maruti dealerships because they dont have two reverse lights on their cars.I am pretty sure the Fiesta ,Verna do come with rear foglamps .
-When you mention Blaupunkt as the OEM for Linea and nothing for the others ,do you want to convey that the others come with nameless,cheap china/taiwan made systems and is their any mention of the future proof USB support in the city?
-Im sure that the SX4 comes with a seat belt indicator as well as door ajar dont know about the others but they should be having.
-Does the Honda not come with height adjustable seats?OMG!!
-What does a load limiter mean?
-By mobile charger do you mean the ciigy lighter thingy,I am sure all cars have that. Even the City and SX4 have electrically adjustable ORVMs.
-On what basis is the rating given-counting stars in the sky while typing the report.

Mate as you can see the comparison is pretty baselessand not wothwhile ,sorry for that.
I am not going to comment on the note ,I am sure I will be banned for life from here.

''. This document aims at highlighting the most wanted features '' are beige interiors most wanted features.LOL and regarding italian looks and the overall best perfomance ,I fell off my chair,by superior build quality do you mean chrome strips falling off at delivey time.

Mate, at T-BHP there are scores of new buyers researching our forum to know which is the best car they need to spend their hard earned money on.Instead of posting such comparisons it would be better to drive our car and post neutral reviews in the Team -BHP ownership surveys and the ownership sub-forums.

What is the purpose of this thread? One persons VFM factor is different from the other.One might feel it is VFM to pay for peace of mind,reliability,performance or even or the badge.

Finally, T-BHP is for automobile lovers not for fanatics or brand loyalists,for which there are many other sites.PM me for them.

Cheers.

I have voted for LINEA.

Last edited by D.V.R : 19th June 2009 at 18:30.
Old 19th June 2009, 19:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
I have voted for LINEA.
LOL!! Good one. Completely unexpected to say the least.

I agree though that the OP seems to be trying too hard to give the Linea one over the rest.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 19th June 2009 at 19:11.
Old 19th June 2009, 19:09   #20
BHPian

If it is only VFM, it is cedia for me.
Old 20th June 2009, 00:03   #21
BHPian

It has to be the verna with its powerful engine and a diesel automatic option it squite good though we need some more safet features.
Old 20th June 2009, 01:06   #22
oss
BHPian

I think the poll should be on "Which C segment sedan would you put your money on". The reason being, lots of people love cars like Cedia, Fiesta for the wonderful driving experience they offer, but when it comes putting their money on, they might shy away from them due to perceived low resale value, or concerns on A.S.S.

I, for one, loved Cedia, but couldn't muster enough courage to buy one, due to the very low numbers on the street, poor resale value, and the kind of money my brother had to shell out on expensive spare parts in his Lancer.

I love Fiesta; i have driven both 1.6 & 1.4 TDCi extensively, but still not keen on buying it, as it is already a old model, and my family would prefer a more spaceous option having spend couple of years in the cramped rear seats of Swift (I absolutely adore my Swift-P though, for the driving pleasure it offers)

People like a car, but when it comes to putting their money on, it is a different story altogether. Let us run a poll on "Whice C-segment sedan would you buy?".
Old 20th June 2009, 01:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

If it wasnt for the Linea, the Fiesta 1.6 would have won hands down for me, one the performance and then its VFM.
But now its easily the Linea. Its not the quickest car in the segment but no one can argue with those looks, for me its the best looking car this side of 12 lacs.
Also have to appreciate the fact that Fiat did not take the route most car makers do in India. Be cocky at first and have a rip off price, then start issuing discounts as sales fall. Also with upcoming engine options (me thinks), it will be both fast and gorgeous, Perfect.
Old 20th June 2009, 08:02   #24
BHPian

Voted for the SX4.

Apart from the beefy looks,it has a good engine,great suspension,all the safety features backed by a fabulous A.S.S and cheap spares.
Old 20th June 2009, 09:09   #25
BHPian

It is not a sedan but here's my humble opinion:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1354766
Old 20th June 2009, 09:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Linea for me. Not because i own one. But because it is simply the most VFM available at this point of time
Old 20th June 2009, 10:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

"Best" word can have different definitions for different people.

"Best" VFM - SX4, Linea FIRE
"Best" Engine - Optra Magnum, Mitsubishi Cedia, Verna CRDi
Old 20th June 2009, 11:39   #28
BHPian

I voted for Linea since we get a D Segment car for a C Segment Price not just becos i own but for the ride quality and comfort we get and Honda City is equally good but Linea has an edge.
Old 20th June 2009, 12:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Bunching diesel and petrol variants will produced a skewed result on the poll---the true picture will emerge only if they are separated.

BTW, I agree with DVR's views.

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th June 2009 at 12:37.
Old 20th June 2009, 12:48   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiesta for me.
If we were to replace ours, it would be with another one.
Linea comes close, but the fiesta fits our needs better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks