Team-BHP - SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SPOTTED - Testing 25.06.09! The New Ford Fiesta? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60890-spotted-testing-25-06-09-new-ford-fiesta.html)

Spotted this on Last Thursday. Took a wrong turn on the NH45 at SingaPerumal Koil near Mahindra City/Ford. Saw this heavily cloaked car on coming, while I was doing a U Turn trying to get back to the highway. At first, head on, thought it was the Renault Sandero/New Look Logan.

Thankfully this car got stuck in traffic trying to join the busy highway and I was right behind it. Like any sane tbhp-ian decided to pursue the mystery car which turned in the direction opposite to where i was originally heading. :)

Then I think the driver of the car understood that I was following him and trying desperately to get some pics, he let it rip. Well, not exactly. And this is the surprising part, my Vista TDi with its 1.4L 71bhp diesel engine was able to keep up with him for almost 2.5 km at 130kmph or so. That rules out any trailblazing 1.6 Duratec on the new car/very conservative driving by the mystery car's driver, which he surely was not doing/it had a relatively similar diesel (1.4 TDCi?, though i suppose, that would have been much faster) to my car. I guess its the latter. On the highway couldnt notice the engine sound.

Then the mystery driver took a sharp U and had to stop for a minute. There I got a hasty side shot. Realized it was too similar to Ford Fusion. The interiors as well as the way the A pillar is raked up, very unlike the current Fiesta. This was more like the Fusion with a small indigo CS-ish boot.

Also it looked like a stretch car, with the rear being disproportionately longer than the front (Pic2). It looks almost as if the Ford has stuck a Fiesta boot to a stock Fusion on profile. The rear overhangs also short.

At the U turn, he managed to squeeze in, while I was stuck behind. Before I could catch up, he had already sought refuge inside the gates of the Maraimalai nagar Ford plant.

Is this going to be the new Fiesta?

Please see the first pic, where clearly there are christmas tree lights a la Fusion on the C/D pillar.

Christmas tree lights on a sedan ?
Where are the brake lamps ? ( You should have been able to notice this when he braked). .. or indicators, when /if he used his indicators ..

Then again, the black steel wheels are typical of Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 1362572)
Christmas tree lights on a sedan ?
Where are the brake lamps ? ( You should have been able to notice this when he braked). .. or indicators, when /if he used his indicators ..

Then again, the black steel wheels are typical of Ford.

It was still early evening, so no lamps were on. What you see on the first pic is what lit up when he braked. those are christmas tree lights. yes, why are they on a sedan is a question i have too. maybe its a very very early version of a fusion sedan?

I dont remember him using an indicator the whole time.

Even the rear view mirror looks like the one from Fiesta.
Maybe an All new fiesta after all.
If it is the fiesta.
I hope it comes out with the 1.6 Diesel and a more peppier 1.6 Petrol

Is ford trying to do a Indigo CS here by dropping one of their cars below the magic 4M mark?

Ford it is. OVRMs of fiesta.

Nice spotting jpm.
This looks like refreshed fiesta to me because if we observe carefully, We can spot the aircon vents same as of fiesta, and as abhinav said that the ORVMs are also similar to it.
I doubt it to be the chopped version of it because its only the rear which is heavily disguised. :)

VT

I've a strong feeling its a Fiesta hatch and the boot is just an add on to improve the disguise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1362600)
I've a strong feeling its a Fiesta hatch and the boot is just an add on to improve the disguise.

+1 to that...though I wouldn't mind a Fiesta/Fusion CS..if Ford are upto it.

The new Fusion hatchback has been getting really good reviews abroad. If we're very lucky it might just be launched here.

It could give the Jazz/Punto/i20/Polo a good run for their money. Probably would be the best handling car out of the bunch.

I think its not the new Fiesta. The new Fiesta has a very prominent cab-forward design and this reflects in front door and window, that front " Quarter Glass " is not present.

This car is looking more like Focus than Fiesta. Ford Focus does not have that quarter glass near base of A-pillar. But what really worries me is that the car is looking too much like Fusion as of now from the ORVM. I hope Ford is not coming up with a new sedan based on Fusion. Maurti Suzuki trick will not work here.

EDIT : This car might be Focus carrying interiors from Indian Fiesta/Fusion.

I am now myself quite confused on what car this is. May be ford is using the rear boot just to give an improper idea/disguise the overall shape of car as the tail lamps are on C-pillar. And may be ford is using current Fiesta interiors for, again, misguiding others.

This car is really looking much solid from Ford !!! Keep going Ford !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1362639)
I think its not the new Fiesta. The new Fiesta has a very prominent cab-forward design and this reflects in front door and window, that front " Quarter Glass " is not present.

This car is looking more like Focus than Fiesta. Ford Focus does not have that quarter glass near base of A-pillar. But what really worries me is that the car is looking too much like Fusion as of now from the ORVM. I hope Ford is not coming up with a new sedan based on Fusion. Maurti Suzuki trick will not work here.

Its not the international Fiesta. That is settled by looking at the mirrors which are mounted on the door in the international version. But it could be a made for India kind of thing (like the original Fiesta) where the existing Fiesta is given a chop-job. It would qualify for excise benefits with the diesel

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1362643)
Its not the international Fiesta. That is settled by looking at the mirrors which are mounted on the door in the international version. But it could be a made for India kind of thing (like the original Fiesta) where the existing Fiesta is given a chop-job. It would qualify for excise benefits with the diesel

I am not sure but this disguise is well, real disguise. All is OK till the front doors. From there onwards, the body of car is quite well covered. Is it that this is new Fiesta under the body of current Fiesta and hence they have covered the body so as nobody would notice longer wheelbase. Or this version can be Fiesta with extended wheelbase considering the current competition.
Considering the amount and extent of camouflage, I think they are testing something serious. If they are testing just powertrain, this much camouflage is not necessary. May be new Fiesta being tested under the skin of current Fiesta.

I think its an old generation (present Indian one) Fiesta hatchback. The first pic shows the Christmas tree tail lamps along with rear windshield brake lights on top of the hatch. Boot add on may just be part of disguise, it may be cheaper for Ford to make this version of hatch in India compared to the new one due to existing dies and engines they presently manufacture here.