Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Most logical and Practical Hatch for the price.
Chevrolet Aveo U-VA 6 2.39%
Fiat Punto 77 30.68%
Ford Fusion 60 23.90%
Honda Jazz 7 2.79%
Hyundai I20 57 22.71%
Maruti Ritz 39 15.54%
Skoda Fabia 5 1.99%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 13:19   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
So, Jazz is the big daddy of them all. To compare Fusion with Jazz today, it falls short in interior space. The width does however make the shoulder room very good. It does however have different attributes advantageous in Indian conditions (ground clearance)

In the specs, we do not have the interior width (especially the rear seat).
Not so sure if the Interior space is more in Jazz. It was a Boot space that is more in Jazz than Fusion.
How ever in jazz you get a lots of interior space but don't get a heart to pull this filled up place.
Old 18th July 2009, 22:07   #92
BHPian

Hey guys, I have a query related to the bootspace. How do they calculate the bootspace in case of hatches/station wagons? Do they include the space above parcel tray ?

Matt.
Old 18th July 2009, 22:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

I do wonder if the fusion handles like. A tall boy or a sedan? The way it looks, I am sure it wont be as good a handler as the fiesta, lancer or a Punto.
Old 18th July 2009, 23:35   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hey guys, I have a query related to the bootspace. How do they calculate the bootspace in case of hatches/station wagons? Do they include the space above parcel tray ?

Matt.
Go through this thread may be able able to understand more.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rue-story.html
Old 18th July 2009, 23:41   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Go through this thread may be able able to understand more.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rue-story.html
That's a very long thread going on there. Sorry sir, I could not find the answer to my query there.
~Matt.
Old 19th July 2009, 00:28   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Matt.
No, they dont include the space above the parcel tray.
Old 19th July 2009, 00:36   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I do wonder if the fusion handles like. A tall boy or a sedan? The way it looks, I am sure it wont be as good a handler as the fiesta, lancer or a Punto.
It handles like a 'in-between' a sedan and a tallboy. It does roll a bit while hard cornering compared to a sedan but not to the extent of causing any discomfort like in some of the tall boy cars. Trade off is a relatively stiff ride to keep the body roll within limits.
Old 19th July 2009, 01:16   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
No, they dont include the space above the parcel tray.
Thanks Guna.
So what about in case of cars which does not have Parcel tray? The reason why I am asking this is, AFAIK, Honda Jazz does not have parcel tray and to me the boot space did not look bigger than that of Fusion.
Old 19th July 2009, 01:25   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guna.
So what about in case of cars which does not have Parcel tray? The reason why I am asking this is, AFAIK, Honda Jazz does not have parcel tray and to me the boot space did not look bigger than that of Fusion.
Thats typical marketing style or hidden value/feature which never told to customer.
The Pics has been removed from the thread which explained the diff space in various car like i20/ritz...
Old 19th July 2009, 11:12   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guna.
Even if there is no parcel tray, they cannot include the space above the headrests (which also has 'quarter' glass in many cars and the rear windsreen at this level) as it is not safe to load the luggage beyond this level (objects from luggage can come tumbling on the rear passengers in case of heavy braking etc. And there is a glass area around).
If I am not mistaken, Fusion luggage area has less depth but more in height, where as in Jazz the height is lesser and the depth is more. Overall Jazz looked to have more luggage space to me even visually.
Old 19th July 2009, 12:32   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Matt.
Ya .. I thought about this too.
On the lighter side .. if they say your boot space is 365 lts , does it mean I can fit in my 365 lts refrigerator in the boot ?
Old 20th July 2009, 08:41   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
On the lighter side .. if they say your boot space is 365 lts , does it mean I can fit in my 365 lts refrigerator in the boot ?
You know the answer to that yourself! Don't you?

After all the quoted space for a fridge is internal volume. And then volume is not just two dimensions, it's three!
Old 20th July 2009, 11:19   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Well, you really can't.

But I am pretty sure you can squeeze the 165 liter into a Fusion (easily). Here's a list of things I have carried in the car with ease.
1. 5KVa UPS from Microtec, weighting about 50 Kgs. Without folding the seats. Plus 3 people in the car.
2. Baby cot (full size), pram, baby car seat, harness, plus regular luggage with seats folded flat. All in one go. Not to mention the Baby and the Mom as well.
3. A folding futon, folded and dumped in. With the mattress.

In all cases, the boot lid was closed. And yes, it surely fits in a Flower Pot and a Mountain Bike (touche Honda).

Das
Old 20th July 2009, 14:29   #104

I have few queries after watching the thread. I liked the vehicle from the day it introduced. But because of the so called stories about ford service, I didnt made the decision to go for it. Now is it wise to go for it? I also feel that it is near the end of its life. But I still liked the concept, the size etc. Can anyone suggest?
Old 20th July 2009, 14:39   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
2. Baby cot (full size), pram, baby car seat, harness, plus regular luggage with seats folded flat. All in one go. Not to mention the Baby and the Mom as well.
+1.

Of course without the baby and the mom. The father of the baby was the passenger tho' with me driving the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks