Times Drive 11 10.38%
Autocar Show 11 10.38%
Top Drive 1 0.94%
Others (please mention) 7 6.60%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 13:10   #31
BHPian

Hey i just saw a promo of the new series of Knight Rider. Looks good. I think it will be aired on thusday and friday at 10:00 p.m. I haven`t watched it yet. Anyone who has seen the new show?
Old 17th July 2009, 10:20   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I do not watch any damn TV "car" shows, why do you need to? when you have a show run by a team of 45,000 people called team-bhp?
Same applies to me also ! Why waste some more time ?
Old 17th July 2009, 10:37   #33
BHPian

nice thread aseem..!
voted for the C & B show though the popularity of the show is slowly decreasing
Old 17th July 2009, 11:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Have occasionally seen all of the above shows except Top Drive (on which channel is it aired? ) and the hindi ones like Wheelocity and others are pretty much rubbish.
Find NDTV's show too long winded. Like Times Drive for their attempts at wit (if I was looking for facts, we have Tbhp). They even hold topgear-esque races between various transport modes.
Old 17th July 2009, 13:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

i love all the auto shows very much. particularly on sat and sundays i keep on swapping the channels. i just hate it when 2 autoshows are running at same time on 2 different channels.

i just hate on thing in the hindi autoshow where Mr. TUTU DHAWAN addresses the questions asked by the viewers.

Question: I want to buy a 125 CC bike and i have shortlisted Bajaj XCD and hero honda shine. which shall i choose.

Answer by tutu: Dono bhi bike achi hai, dono 125cc segment ki bike hai, ek bajaj ki hai aur dusri hero honda ki, dono achi mileage nikalti hai , aap dono mai se koi bhi choose kar sakte hai.

what the hell. this common thing everyone knows and the viewers wants to ask the expert to clear his confussion and then this person confuses him more. he never gives + - points while comparing both as if he is fearing that if he says honda bajaj will smash him and vice versa

Sorry, my appologies to people who like TUTU Dhawan , but it just irritates me.
Old 17th July 2009, 13:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

Seen a few of these "auto" shows and stopped them after becoming active on this community. Reviews here are far far better than any of those shows provide. For an actual auto show I download Top Gear and watch that.
Old 17th July 2009, 15:26   #37
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i love all the auto shows very much. particularly on sat and sundays i keep on swapping the channels. i just hate it when 2 autoshows are running at same time on 2 different channels.

i just hate on thing in the hindi autoshow where Mr. TUTU DHAWAN addresses the questions asked by the viewers.

Question: I want to buy a 125 CC bike and i have shortlisted Bajaj XCD and hero honda shine. which shall i choose.

Answer by tutu: Dono bhi bike achi hai, dono 125cc segment ki bike hai, ek bajaj ki hai aur dusri hero honda ki, dono achi mileage nikalti hai , aap dono mai se koi bhi choose kar sakte hai.

what the hell. this common thing everyone knows and the viewers wants to ask the expert to clear his confussion and then this person confuses him more. he never gives + - points while comparing both as if he is fearing that if he says honda bajaj will smash him and vice versa

Sorry, my appologies to people who like TUTU Dhawan , but it just irritates me.
I think the best show would be The C & B Show on the NDTV network. Overdrive would come in a second! Times Drive with their novice reporters are a treat to watch as they have no idea what they are talking about and a few even have fake accents.

I couldn't have agreed more with you on your views. I also hate it when 2 channels screen auto shows at the same time.

But Tutu Dhawan's answers are simply hilarious! I was ROFL when I read your post here He can be very irritating at times!

Last edited by gpa : 17th July 2009 at 15:28.
Old 17th July 2009, 22:35   #38
BHPian

In India its its C & B shows...but the No 1 TV Show in my Heart will always be Top Gear.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post

CNBC TV 18 Overdrive

Now this is one show that I would simply recommend to one and all. What a great review they did on Punto, capturing everything that GTO had stated about the car, both the pros and cons. No fake accents, no faltu attitude, just pure content as it should be. Even gave the 0-100 figure of Punto (18.5 seconds) and Ritz and talked the fact that both engines are not as peppy as Swift due to BSIV norms. This show takes the crown in my book when it comes to TV auto shows.
Dear Aseem,

Where can I download the video of the same.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Old 17th November 2013, 16:04   #40
BHPian

Re: TV Car Shows Shootout

I watch most of these shows and I feel most are good for timepass. In the initial days I used to like C&B show on NDTV. But as pointed out by most SVP has become irritating and off late I only watch it sometimes just to know on which foreign marquee he is drooling over.
One major thing I hate about all these shows is that is it so difficult to hold the camera steady without all those useless camera zoom ins and outs and other tricks.
Old 17th November 2013, 23:20   #41
BANNED

Re: TV Car Shows Shootout

if only car and bike show duration is made as complete 30 mins instead of 20 mins it would be great. also if they start giving some real basic car troubleshooting tips each week it would be informative (apart from wearing helmets / car seat belt)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks