Scorpio mHawk 2.2 63 73.26%
Xylo mEagle 2.5 23 26.74%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 12:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I doubt that. (Even some magazines claim what you have written but I disagree)

I have driven both, back to back and have involved a little high speed expressway running through traffic. The Xylo never inspired confidence with its constant rock and roll, even when I was surprisingly, driving straight. I agree, it doesn't roll as much as a vehicle of its height would like you to beleve, but confidence at expressway speeds is not its forte. Scorpio on the other hand was much more relaxed, however it too was a little skittish, nothing a good driver cannot handle or would not like.

The driving position of the Xylo is too high set, its like being on the upper deck of a double decker bus. I also had the fortune of seeing the behind of another xylo while being seated in one. It looks better when seen from the driver seat of a low slung car rather than from the driver seat of a Xylo. Although this shouldn't influence anything.

But interiors and the third row seat space was excellent in the xylo, however the constant bobbing might offset any space benefits of the passenger cabin on long runs. Hence Xylo out of question.

However the people who accompanied me on the test drive liked the xylo better as the space appealed to them and the drive wasn't long enough to cause back pain or nausea that I can foresee happening on a long drive.
hi, i must admit, my preference was purely on the basis of technical data rather than on the basis of a long highway test drive, technically xylo has a longer wheel base ( 80 mm more than scorp), wider track - 33mm and xylo is shorter by 80 mm, hence the pitching, bodyroll and bobbing should be lower, will have to test this out and confirm with a long drive in both.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would have loved a 'None of the above' option. But between the two, if I am forced to put my money down, it would be the Xylo. Purely from a utility perspective. I find the Scorpio too cramped.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:14   #18

Scorpio all the way , because the car won't be houseful most of the time and looks and road presence ( to usshh Auto's etc ) definitely matters .
Old 21st July 2009, 13:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

Scorpio. 'Nuff said, and done!

manson.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Xylo is too narrow and too tall and the interiors see have been overworked. I would choose the Scorpio, eyes closed.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Xylo for the better ride quality and practicality.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Scorpio,I hate the look of xylo.
Felt Scorpio is more refined than its counterpart.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Voted for Xlyo.
Reasons :
========
I admit that the main reason for Xylo getting the vote from my side is the available space inside.
well I would disagree on FE, the FE of 2.5 on Xylo is bad, its better in Scorpio 2.2
Old 21st July 2009, 18:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Appreciate your comparison of Xylo and Scorpio, but i wish you could keep one more option "None of the above"
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I would have loved a 'None of the above' option. But between the two, if I am forced to put my money down, it would be the Xylo. Purely from a utility perspective. I find the Scorpio too cramped.
"none of the above" option is not kept because it is meaningless in this thread. here we are checking out the choice of our forum members only between the scorpio or xylo. else, none of the above would have max votes as people would vote for the innova!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
well I would disagree on FE, the FE of 2.5 on Xylo is bad, its better in Scorpio 2.2
ideally, i think the xylo should be more efficent then the scorpio. reasons being lower kerb weight, lower power output & engine which is tuned for efficiency than outright power as in the scorpio.

64 votes & 72% for the scorpio. i assumed the opposite to happen. guess all T-BHPians are enthusiasts & dont care a damn about practicality... same here!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 21st July 2009 at 18:37.
Old 21st July 2009, 18:35   #25
BHPian

Practicality (mind says) - Xylo
Excitement (heart says) - mHawk 2.2

voted for Scorp

rgds
a scorpio crde owner!
Old 21st July 2009, 22:41   #26
BHPian

I may be OT here, but isnt the Xylo's build quality way better than Scorpio's - both internal and external?
Old 21st July 2009, 23:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ zensi: its been said like that by many, has been stated by 1 magazine too. but frankly, i dint notice any major difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks